Sign in to follow this  
Baber20

X-Plane12 RC3 is released

470mb patch size

Release candidate 3

Lighting:

The auto-exposure system is still being modified; RC3’s light levels are the same as RC1/RC2. Third party developers can get detailed notes on the state of lighting and how to update in the X-Plane developer lobby.

RC3 does change how brightness is managed in glass displays; authors should enter the real world max luminance of their displays.

We expect to be able to re-enable auto-exposure to improve the look of the sim under various lighting conditions next week.

Flight model:

Airfoil critical mach number improved. Transsonic airflow over wings improved, particular in swept-wing aircraft such as airliners. Developers can watch Austin’s explanation video for more information

XPD-13524 – Warning and quit when loading Aerolite.

XPD-13489 – Multi monitor clouds rendering error when both monitors are at different resolutions.

XPD-13516 – Shader missing on RC1, AMD.

XPD-13403 – Crash With Out of Bounds Shader Constants at Shader Build Time.

XPD-13015 – Runway light spills WAY too bright on ground.

XPD-11770 – Make library.txt and .for files carry 1200 version numbers.

XPD-13526 – Updated luminance for various objects.

XPD-13515 – Can only load 4 saved flightplans in alphabetical order into Citation X FMS.

XPD-13514 – dataref sim/weather/barometer_current_inhg not consistent with pressure measured by the altimeter.

XPD-13513 – Can’t delete hold from flightplan in Citation X FMS.

XPD-13512 – Can’t access missed approach on the Citation X FMS.

XPD-13505 – Aerolite toe brakes inop.

XPD-13502 – Dev assert when loading sit (soun.has_master_bank()).

XPD-13499 – KingAir nav lights don’t create spill.

XPD-13491 – Autogen and World Terrain libraries version 1200.

XPD-13486 – VelocityOne Joy Files.

XPD-13450 – acf_throtmax_FWD set to above 1.0 does not increase MPR.

XPD-12697 – Request: Ability to toggle misc objects on and off on the fly.

XPD-13144 – King Air External Lights Not Showing / Landing Light Wrong Location.

Edited by Baber20
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

are you guys changing any settings in NCP for ndivia please, thanks

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Hi,

Unflyable at dusk... Frame rate hit is extreme! Lock at 30 FPS during the day at dusk it drops to 17,16 and is unflyable..

• Like 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

In the Citation X while climbing above FL370 there's not enough power and IAS starts droping.

Also lot's of graphics glitches with the screen showing all sorts of coloured geometric forms, turns black, then comes back again...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

18 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Unflyable at dusk... Frame rate hit is extreme! Lock at 30 FPS during the day at dusk it drops to 17,16 and is unflyable..

can't recreate, its more/something other than just time of day

AutoATC Developer

41 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

Hi,

I have similiar outcome. Lost at least 10 fps, Rotate MD11, Cargo apron Arlanda. Unfortunately Xplane portrays our daylight at 60 degree LAT as sunrise/sunset setting (it really isn't), which seems to hammer my 2080ti.

RC1 was bad for me.
RC2 was fine
RC3 is bad (again). Let's hope for RC4?

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

54 minutes ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I see it too. Dawn as well. Mid teens. Microprofiler is showing something with the water calcs.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

I don't know if it changed from the latest versions because I had not been using XP12, but last night, with live weather, I took off from Montijo airbase (LPMT) in the Citation X, using the time of day slider to turn into daylight because otherwise and due to the graphic limitations of XP12 in terms of cloud night rendering I wouldn't be able to see clouds, and found the representation of the thunderstorms and all sorts of convective clouds very very good!  Rain was also very intense and freezing effects as well as turbulence when crossing those systems very plausible.

I have to run some more tests with the Citation X and find out if the efficiency loss above FL350 was due to the limitations in the modelling of swept-back wings not having yet been overcome with new calculations, which I am aware Austin is already working in, or due to ice accumulation in the Citation X wings... My bad if it was the later... not good airmanship 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

15 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

are you guys changing any settings in NCP for ndivia please, thanks

I've been playing around with settings in NCP but apart from setting locked FPS I don't really se much of a difference either way to be honest. Surely someone can chime in on this as I've been wondering the same. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

The issue I have its from going from windowed to full screen the monitor will go black for around 15 seconds. 

Didn't happen before updating to RC last night and the updates ndivia drivers.  

Which it said I needed to get. 

Any ideas? 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

I've been playing around with settings in NCP but apart from setting locked FPS I don't really se much of a difference either way to be honest. Surely someone can chime in on this as I've been wondering the same. 

What do you lock at Richard.? 

I've locked at 32. On my 144 hertz monitor. 

Thanks. 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Somebody from LR some time ago said most NCP settings would not make a difference with XP. At the time it was version 11.

For me, with XP12 nothing seems to change with any combination of antialising in NVP and X-Plane but people swear it does make a difference for them https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/278937-gained-10-15-fps-with-this/

Edited by peroni
  • Like 1