1. 1. Which ATC Program are you using?

• Default MSFS ATC
    • FSHud
    • Pilot2ATC
    • PF3
    • PRO-ATC/SR
    • Other

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

I have not tried any of the others but I will say that Pilot2ATC (with the voices and chatter added) really work well together and even integrates with Navigraph SID/STAR and routes. It takes some setting up but reading the manual essentially has everything you need to get started and set up correctly. I tried and worked with every Beta Update he released for the last 8 months or so (I think it was) and it kept improving. Dave just released a final version and a subsequent fix after.

I am sure all of them have something good to offer.

Okay good to know. I will say this. My trial expired for Pilot2ATC so I emailed them. Dave responded in about 10 minutes letting me know he reset my trial. That matters to me. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

I bought a bunch of voices (ceres or ivona, i forget) and along with ATC chatter, it really adds to the immersion.

For those who have Pilot2ATC, the CereProc voices are on sale for the holiday - 50% off! I am gonna buy some while they are 17 bucks each! 

https://www.cereproc.com

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ

23 minutes ago, haskell said:

For those who have Pilot2ATC, the CereProc voices are on sale for the holiday - 50% off! I am gonna buy some while they are 17 bucks each! 

https://www.cereproc.com

Yes! Those are the voices! They are pretty good overall. Not the cheapest route to go but I love having the different voices.

2 hours ago, RobJC said:

Okay good to know. I will say this. My trial expired for Pilot2ATC so I emailed them. Dave responded in about 10 minutes letting me know he reset my trial. That matters to me. 

And yes, the developer is very responsive. More so than any other developer I have contacted.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 12/9/2022 at 3:47 PM, thepilot said:

To those tuning in to real ATC for "aural immersion", is there any tool that facilitates this?

LiveATC.net 

Also Pilot2ATC allows use of "chatter" feeds but I like to open a separate window with LiveATC set to a nearby Center or airport just as well.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Okay got it going. Question. Do I not hear any calls to other airplanes? Because things are very silent unless I am talking or hearing calls from ATC. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Okay figured out that the ATC does not talk to the AI planes. I did download and try the ATC Chatter add-on which integrates with Pilot2ATC. Very immersive, and when you talk to ATC it mutes the chatter, which is good. I also like that you can assign the co-pilot to handle a lot of the ATC communication, so you can ease into it. I think this is a solid ATC alternative. I really wish PRO-ATC /SR had a demo, since that solution on paper could be even better in some ways. 

Yeah, P2ATC doesn't "talk" to other planes but warns you of traffic in air. Also, when you have the chatter set up correctly (by controllers, mind you) that when you fly to certain parts of the world, the ATC chatter will use controllers in that region. So you don't get Kennedy Steve when you're flying out of Gatwick. Or you don't get someone with a thick Japanese accent as you land at KPDX. The chatter just fills the void in between calls and the voice addons help reduce the robotic sense they all produce. I also have used a radio static as a background during calls so their voices sound better over the radio.

I sometimes turn the chatter frequency up really high so I have to fight my way into getting clearance. Hahaha.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

42 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Yeah, P2ATC doesn't "talk" to other planes but warns you of traffic in air. Also, when you have the chatter set up correctly (by controllers, mind you) that when you fly to certain parts of the world, the ATC chatter will use controllers in that region. So you don't get Kennedy Steve when you're flying out of Gatwick. Or you don't get someone with a thick Japanese accent as you land at KPDX. The chatter just fills the void in between calls and the voice addons help reduce the robotic sense they all produce. I also have used a radio static as a background during calls so their voices sound better over the radio.

I sometimes turn the chatter frequency up really high so I have to fight my way into getting clearance. Hahaha.

Yeah the atc chatter is pretty good. Still digging into P2A but still trying to figure out the workflow. I can add a flight plan to the Navigraph app, SimBrief, P2A, the world map in MSFS, or the airplane itself. Still haven’t figured out the easiest way. 

I've just installed Pilot2ATC and have to say I am unimpressed. It is very unintuitive and overly complicated IMO. I'm just a tad away from binning it! Perhaps if I persevere? If only.....VOXAtc.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

17 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I've just installed Pilot2ATC and have to say I am unimpressed. It is very unintuitive and overly complicated IMO. I'm just a tad away from binning it! Perhaps if I persevere? If only.....VOXAtc.

I used P2ATC a little with XP11. The reason I haven't bothered with it for MSFS is the clunky, unintuitive interface. 

I've got FSHud (it does control AI aircraft), but the voices aren't great. As default ATC at the moment is a mess, I don't use any ATC at all. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

28 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I used P2ATC a little with XP11. The reason I haven't bothered with it for MSFS is the clunky, unintuitive interface. 

I've got FSHud (it does control AI aircraft), but the voices aren't great. As default ATC at the moment is a mess, I don't use any ATC at all. 

Yeah, I've more or less come to the same conclusion. I've just installed Fs-ATC Chatter and have to say, it really does add some lovely ambience to the flying. I know it's only chatter, but hey, like you, I found P2ATC so 'clunky' that I've found it more bother than it's worth, which is a shame. My biggest sadness is that no one has picked up the proverbial VoxATC batten and run with it. I would have thought that t's a great opportunity for someone to create a really worthwhile and profitable addon.  

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree re VoxATC. The only reason I still have a P3d install is Vox. Maybe one day we'll get an MSFS version.

P2ATC takes a bit of getting used to but you only really need to interact with it when pulling in a flight plan and then you can leave it in the background. Definitely worth perseverance -  it's much better than default ATC for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I am a few days ahead of you regarding Pilot2ATC, still on the 10 day trial. The UI definitely isn’t the best but I think i have it sorted out. ATC chatter installed, plus i got a bunch more free Windows voices installed. Also installed Make Runways. The UI or complexity at this stage really doesn’t bother me, as i am learning what things do little by little. I am not sure yet if i will stick with it or not, as i still need a few test flights, but so far i don’t think the UI is going to be the decider one way or another. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RobJC said:

Yeah the atc chatter is pretty good. Still digging into P2A but still trying to figure out the workflow. I can add a flight plan to the Navigraph app, SimBrief, P2A, the world map in MSFS, or the airplane itself. Still haven’t figured out the easiest way. 

I usually generate in SimBrief and then use the P2ATC integration to pull from SimBrief. You just need to enter your SimBrief Pilot ID in P2ATC and it should do the rest

Just now, delenda said:

I usually generate in SimBrief and then use the P2ATC integration to pull from SimBrief. You just need to enter your SimBrief Pilot ID in P2ATC and it should do the rest

Thanks. How do you handle SID/STAR? Where do you enter it, or do you enter it?