146 members have voted

1. 1. Which ATC Program are you using?

• Default MSFS ATC
    • FSHud
    • Pilot2ATC
    • PF3
    • PRO-ATC/SR
    • Other

Curious which ATC program you guys are using. If you use more than one, select the one you use the most often. 

Edited by RobJC
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Check this:

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

In all my years in FS9, FSX, P3D and MSFS I've found that (aside from flying online) there is nothing superior to default ATC, which in itself never really was very good, though (which is of course also a statement about the third party products available...).

In P3D at least there are several tools available that improve the default experience quite a bit. Sadly nothing of the sort is available for MSFS, and it shows. In my opinion ATC and AI handling are the weakest, most unrealistic parts of the simulator and will hopefully be improved upon some day.

To those tuning in to real ATC for "aural immersion", is there any tool that facilitates this?

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Check this:

Darn, missed that. Thanks!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Default.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I used default until I broke down and purchased Pilot2ATC. It's a really nice program and does what it says. Far better than the default for sure. 

• Like 1

I am currently using the default ATC but I have been pondering this for a while now and am leaning towards PRO-ATC/SR. I wish they had a demo/trial. 

None. I haven't used any ATC except VATSIM. Some robotic voice giving you directions is a huge immersion killer.

• Like 4

well at least you get  atc  coverage  unlike  vatsim unless  you  fly  at the  same  time  as  the  controllers

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

PF3, since my latest FS9 days. Due to licensing requirements, I'm using default in my laptop.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 hours ago, thepilot said:

In all my years in FS9, FSX, P3D and MSFS I've found that (aside from flying online) there is nothing superior to default ATC, which in itself never really was very good, though (which is of course also a statement about the third party products available...).

In P3D at least there are several tools available that improve the default experience quite a bit. Sadly nothing of the sort is available for MSFS, and it shows. In my opinion ATC and AI handling are the weakest, most unrealistic parts of the simulator and will hopefully be improved upon some day.

To those tuning in to real ATC for "aural immersion", is there any tool that facilitates this?

Default ATC is is total garbage, no matter what the sim.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

47 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

well at least you get  atc  coverage  unlike  vatsim unless  you  fly  at the  same  time  as  the  controllers

Vatsim is great, if you don't mind talking to Unicomm half the time. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Or if the controller decides he has something better to do and leaves you hanging.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

54 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Or if the controller decides he has something better to do and leaves you hanging.

Well unlike the default atc they will not direct you into a Mountain.

At the very least, an ATC addon needs to 1) integrate seamlessly into the ingame toolbar, 2) provide realistic sounding voices with regional variations. 3) An elegant modern UI

All the mentioned addons deliver on neither of these three requirements. 

So, you're basically stuck with the default ATC.

Edited by Ricardo41