Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

X-Plane 12 final

7 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Well, this posit did form the backbone of their widespread belief that xplane would have no users by now.

I must admit its mildly amusing to see them twist the data and deflect in anyway they can to justify why a sim that has been released for barely a week is already close enough to dominating the navigraph survey, especially after all that "these steam numbers prove xplane 12 failed" we kept getting bombarded with the last few weeks.

Actually, mSparks, I get equally bored of those number games. They mean nothing. As long as either platform has enough people that want to invest in it, enough to be viable, they remain in business. Who has the biggest, I don't play that game, never did ... . 
As jcomm can so well explain, better then me, each platform has its virtues (and quirks). 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

Development was stagnant, and 2018 / 2019 conventions showed nothing new (specifics or general timeline) on the horizon with respect to graphics etc.

Nothing public. Doesn't mean software development wasn't happening.

Your comments repeatedly sound like they are coming from someone who has never developed software and who refuses to acknowledge that you're talking about a group of 2-3 core graphics devs working on bleeding edge tech. Vulkan (and even dx12, as demonstrated by asobo's relatively loooong adoption process) is an entirely different beast from Opengl. LR jumped on that train quite early on and they ended up contributing a fair amount of knowledge to some of those early adoption efforts as it was continuing to evolve and generate documentation.

What's more you keep extrapolating that supposed 'stagnation' to the rest of XP development, with zero substantiation and in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

4 minutes ago, blingthinger said:
57 minutes ago, OverTheEDJ said:

Development was stagnant, and 2018 / 2019 conventions showed nothing new (specifics or general timeline) on the horizon with respect to graphics etc.

Nothing public. Doesn't mean software development wasn't happening.

Your comments repeatedly sound like they are coming from someone who has never developed software and who refuses to acknowledge that you're talking about a group of 2-3 core graphics devs working on bleeding edge tech. Vulkan (and even dx12, as demonstrated by asobo's relatively loooong adoption process) is an entirely different beast from Opengl. LR jumped on that train quite early on and they ended up contributing a fair amount of knowledge to some of those early adoption efforts as it was continuing to evolve and generate documentation.

What's more you keep extrapolating that supposed 'stagnation' to the rest of XP development, with zero substantiation and in the face of obvious evidence to the contrary.

Thanks for reminding me why he was the first to go on my ignore list.  absolutely nothing of any use was posted.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

10 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

Actually, mSparks, I get equally bored of those number games. They mean nothing. As long as either platform has enough people that want to invest in it, enough to be viable, they remain in business. Who has the biggest, I don't play that game, never did ... . 
As jcomm can so well explain, better then me, each platform has its virtues (and quirks). 

They are good for verifying or discrediting previous future estimates.

Also for getting insight into where the market is in relation to the facts.

e.g. VR - 20% now, should be everyone.

Xplane 12 "most successful xplane release ever" - the microsoft phenomena really did shake down many of those resistant to change.

yeah, I know I'm crossing over with the navigraph thread a bit there, but "xplane 12.00 final" in this graph

Screenshot-2022-12-21-at-13.54.19-1024x9

speaks for itself.

I knew it was good - I'm one of the few who have said it really is so good I'm just abandoning testing and dev for XP11 outright.

I understand why its not bigger than xp11 yet, but also... wow, really looking like a lot of XP11 and MSFS users will be in the XP12 group next survey, to be that far on compared to this thread op last saturday...

• Like 2

AutoATC Developer

Ok, this is enough. Another pointless argument that goes in circles. It’s amazing how much you guys love to argue, thinking you’re going to change peoples minds, or even more curious, why anyone cares what others think about the sim they choose to use. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator