Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

X-Plane 12 final

PSA : Try X-Plane 12 first without any mods specifically without Ortho or Simheaven.  I was pleasantly surprised how good it looks in many areas. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

What?

Does it mean RC6 IS XP12.00 ?

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

please tell me they fixed the weather..

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

PSA : Try X-Plane 12 first without any mods specifically without Ortho or Simheaven.  I was pleasantly surprised how good it looks in many areas. 

This. I have removed Ortho and Simheaven. Xplane 12 default scenery looks absolutely amazing. 

• Like 1

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

Final(ly)...

Now starts the countdown for updates / fixes / future development. At least for me, a full release is just the beginning....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baber20 said:

Xplane 12 default scenery looks absolutely amazing. 

Bit of an exaggeration, although beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Nope 😒

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I think you need to take the positive from a final release version with some issues.  Addon developers now have a final version they can work with to update their XP11 products, and to develop new ones.  I would expect the weather to be a priority now going forward.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 hours ago, Baber20 said:
7 hours ago, Sims Smith said:

This. I have removed Ortho and Simheaven. Xplane 12 default scenery looks absolutely amazing. 

I can agree with both of these views.  Default XP12 scenery is great out the box.  I use xOrganiser, so it is easy to  change between default scenery or ortho / simHeaven with a couple of clicks.  Personally I do prefer ortho / simheaven, but if I had to stay with default scenery, I would still rate XP12 as a whole, a better simulator experience than MSFS.

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

but if I had to stay with default scenery, I would still rate XP12 as a whole, a better simulator experience than MSFS.

This is why, imho, XP12 was ready for a .00 release.

It is well, well passed time peoples first impressions of xplane were of XP12 rather than XP11, the fleet of default aircraft are rock solid, pretty much all close to decent payware quality, they got all of the first impression killer bugs out of the way (no, loading up a gazillion plugins then complaining it crashes do not count as first impression bugs imho), and the ones that are left are way less significant than any triple A .00 release I ever owned (although I did pretty much stop buying day 1 release software a long time ago precisely because there was always so much wrong in .00 releases 😡).

Its also timed exactly right for Christmas, it's the perfect present for anyone with even a half baked interest in aviation. 

Fingers crossed everything goes well, be really really nice to see XP12 on the steam best sellers list now, it really deserves it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AutoATC Developer

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

Nope 😒

what a joke, final release with dodgy weather. Well done LR

Thank god for this beauty 😄

5iIFsb9.jpg

1J0ZL5U.jpg

Edited by UKflyer

1 hour ago, UKflyer said:

what a joke, final release with dodgy weather. Well done LR

I was thinking last week, I bet they release on saturday to maximise christmas sales.  

I swear the only developers who released finished half polished stuff are the freeware guys like fbw, lorby,psxseecon.  

I cant think of one big main developer in the last 5 years thats released a polished product. not one.   Aerosoft, PMDG, Fenix, flight factor, tolis, quality wings, captainsim.  orbx, flytampa.  All the same they release half baked stuff which takes months or even never gets fixed.

I give up.  we really are mugs in this community.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png