Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

X-Plane 12 final

55 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

I was thinking last week, I bet they release on saturday to maximise christmas sales.  

I swear the only developers who released finished half polished stuff are the freeware guys like fbw, lorby,psxseecon.  

I cant think of one big main developer in the last 5 years thats released a polished product. not one.   Aerosoft, PMDG, Fenix, flight factor, tolis, quality wings, captainsim.  orbx, flytampa.  All the same they release half baked stuff which takes months or even never gets fixed.

I give up.  we really are mugs in this community.

haha yep, nothing like a low vis Prague to cheer me up tho 😀

Well I don't consider it to be a final product. There are still many issues to be fixed. On the upside, I hope developers start fixing and updating their stuff since they can't say it's a beta.

I still have to use an older AMD driver to be able to play. SASL still has issues both on Windows and Linux. Since 99% of X-Plane addons use it, I would expect better support.

• Like 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

No way to be a final product, far too bad AA and shimmering for one thing.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jymp said:

No way to be a final product

XP11.55 is a "final product".  XP12r6 is a full release not a "final product".  Words are important.  I am going to get much more than $60US worth of enjoyment watching the continued development of XP12 over the next four or five years.  As I did with XP10 and XP11.  

Edited by oldflyguy70
  • Upvote 6

Nothing has updated right? I don’t get any update notifications and the installer doesn’t download anything new. This is still just RC6? 

35 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Nothing has updated right? I don’t get any update notifications and the installer doesn’t download anything new. This is still just RC6? 

nothing has changed just that they have put it on sale two weeks before christmas. The same kind of "extended early access, prologue,prevew,pay to beta product"  just like we normally get.

14ppkc-6.png

44 minutes ago, oldflyguy70 said:

It's now XP12r6.  Same as XP12rc6.  No update if you were on rc6.

Thank you. RC6 has made a lot of progress, still a few things left (really missing the airbus MCDU!). I hope the Laminar team gets a nice holiday break and can come back refreshed in Jan 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldflyguy70 said:

XP12r6 is a full release not a "final product".  Words are important.

8 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

Well I don't consider it to be a final product

Neither does anyone else on the planet. As in previous versions of XP, development will continue as it always has.  

• Upvote 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

5 hours ago, FlyingGoose said:

RC6 just happened to be the RELEASE CANDIDATE LR decided was good enough, so it became V12.0

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 hours ago, jymp said:

No way to be a final product

It isn't going to be the final product, development will continue until V13.  There has to be a point when the product has to be released and that decision can't be just down to the feature list.  As it stands now, XP12 is a fantastic product.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Neither does anyone else on the planet.

The x-plane team does.

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

As it stands now, XP12 is a fantastic product.

Xp12 (year 2012) can't express a perfect antialiasing like FS9 (year 2004) and you call it "fantastic"?
Have you ever thought about working for LR as an advertising agent? 

• Like 3

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

1 hour ago, efis007 said:

Xp12 (year 2012) can't express a perfect antialiasing like FS9 (year 2004) and you call it "fantastic"?
Have you ever thought about working for LR as an advertising agent? 

Not a scenery simulator, not a weather simulator, not an aliasing simulator :laugh:

• Like 1