Sign in to follow this  
bendead

Flightsim Labs Concorde preview 23/12/22

This is by far the most demanding commercial airplane to fly IRL as in a simulator - especially with a one man crew - and indeed the most rewarding, it is by no means a plane one can master in a short time, and FSL simulations are known to reflect a number of tiny details that most other developers don't bother to replicate (see for example the story about the Pepsi livery...).  

Perhaps this will be the "excuse" for Ray to - finally - join MSFS😎!!! Second thought, no he won't... no historical weather in MSFS.

I look forward to that release.

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 5

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Nice that they mentioned the MSFS version as well.

As I believe it is in their best interest to release Concorde asap for the most popular flight simulator platform around, I feel no pressure to re-install P3D just to try this out.

The only possibility of that happening would be if they offered a full credit towards the MSFS version, just like PMDG did with the NGXu.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Upvote 2

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Lets be serious folks this plane is not coming to MSFS until 2024/25 and will be released in mid 2023 for P3D. Lets we get a A320 Neo or a A330 before then. This sim is still not ready for a sophisticated Concorde by FSL until some improvements on the Asobo/MS (weather/atmosphere) side.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Perhaps this will be the "excuse" for Ray to - finally - join MSFS😎!!! Second thought, no he won't... no historical weather in MSFS.

Weather is critical to Concorde operations. Departing LAX for Honolulu at 10:00 local would require me to fly it at 18:00 my time. If I depart at 10:00 my time the weather is nighttime. Not realistic.

It’s not me that needs to have a change of heart. Asobo need to open the weather engine to third party developers. 😉

• Like 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Weather is critical to Concorde operations. Departing LAX for Honolulu at 10:00 local would require me to fly it at 18:00 my time. If I depart at 10:00 my time the weather is nighttime. Not realistic.

It’s not me that needs to have a change of heart. Asobo need to open the weather engine to third party developers. 😉

Is night flying not possible on the Concorde? I always fly using realistic time *and* weather. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

3 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Lets be serious folks this plane is not coming to MSFS until 2024/25 and will be released in mid 2023 for P3D. Lets we get a A320 Neo or a A330 before then. This sim is still not ready for a sophisticated Concorde by FSL until some improvements on the Asobo/MS (weather/atmosphere) side.

Fenix, PMDG and Maddog are not sophisticated? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I’m always a fan of developers taking the art of simulation to ludicrous levels. Things like the color of the paint having an impact on the heat of the fuselage and causing specific failures - or the exhaust of the engines being visually impacted by different atmospheric conditions. Those tiny details are what bring an aircraft to life and create immersion - as though it’s a real object that reacts to the environment.

Individually modeling all 14 aircraft that were produced in real life - each with tiny differences in characteristics that almost no one would notice - is also absurd… and awesome! 

It reminds me of people that paint those little toy solders and create realistic battlefields - or model railroaders. It’s the details that make their projects so incredible and fascinating - especially the ones that will only be seen by the 0.001% of observers that bother to look hard enough - people like us.

Edited by enright
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Two quick points: Comments on the lack of this or that in MSFS are very much "déjà vu" and one by one fell down as and when developers released new products contradicting such statements (like a year ago: no, PMDG cannot release their planes due to the lack of SDK, blah, blah, blah...), Secondly, FSL developers have to pay their bills and salaries, I am sure they realise that P3D has become a niche market for a niche product (Concorde), so I would bet the release for MSFS wont be very long after P3D!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Fenix, PMDG and Maddog are not sophisticated? 

They're all subsonic aircraft with a ceiling around FL380. Air temperature isn't that critical to engine operations. Concorde flies up to 22,000ft higher and at Mach 2 compared to Mach 0.8 or thereabouts. The temperature at such high altitudes is critical to performance and TMo has to be taken into consideration. If the temp on the nose exceeds 127C it has to slow down.

No such problems for sub-sonic aircraft.

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Is night flying not possible on the Concorde? I always fly using realistic time *and* weather. 

My rather old 1080Ti is not very good at nighttime and Concorde with all its gauges and lighting is an unknown factor. In any case there's no way in real-world ops passengers would be flying at night-time. Not with the money they paid.

All departures on the 1999 World Tour were in daytime except for one leg out of Guam and an early morning departure from India because the temps later that morning would be too high for a full load departure.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

They're all subsonic aircraft with a ceiling around FL380. Air temperature isn't that critical to engine operations. Concorde flies up to 22,000ft higher and at Mach 2 compared to Mach 0.8 or thereabouts. The temperature at such high altitudes is critical to performance and TMo has to be taken into consideration. If the temp on the nose exceeds 127C it has to slow down.

No such problems for sub-sonic aircraft.

My rather old 1080Ti is not very good at nighttime and Concorde with all its gauges and lighting is an unknown factor. In any case there's no way in real-world ops passengers would be flying at night-time. Not with the money they paid.

All departures on the 1999 World Tour were in daytime except for one leg out of Guam and an early morning departure from India because the temps later that morning would be too high for a full load departure.

I do believe there was a evening departure from LHR to JFK. It would of course catch up to daytime again. 

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

In any case there's no way in real-world ops passengers would be flying at night-time.

This was also a paradox of this fast airplane When flying back from JFK, it was difficult to have good passenger loads as it was arriving too late in the afternoon after a short flight... Many passengers flying the Atlantic Eastbound preferred the confort of a first class seat on a regular flight overnight and arrived relaxed and ready for their day work.

Bernard

4 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I do believe there was a evening departure from LHR to JFK.

Yes around 5 PM.

Bernard

3 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I do believe there was a evening departure from LHR to JFK. It would of course catch up to daytime again. 

There was and there's some great footage on YT of the departure with reheats ablaze. I must admit that is one departure I'm going to try. Seeing the sun rise in the west will be tremendous. 😁

Just now, Bernard Ducret said:

This was also a paradox of this fast airplane When flying back from JFK, it was difficult to have good passenger loads as it was arriving too late in the afternoon after a short flight... Many passengers flying the Atlantic Eastbound preferred the confort of a first class seat on a regular flight overnight and arrived relaxed and ready for their day work.

Back in the days before 9/11 the flight arrived at JFK around 09:30. The departure was around 14:00 so it would arrive back at LHR around 22:30. Fine if time is critical but otherwise I agree.

I believe after 9/11 the departure times were changed to suit the US passengers more.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Asobo need to open the weather engine to third party developers. 😉

Never going to happen so you might as well stop beating that dead horse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eric