Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

FS Realistic, sorted?

I bought FS Realistic some time ago and uninstalled it after being fairly unimpressed. I would get random sounds playing and so dropped it from my flying. I read at the time that others were experiencing various issues too. I'm just wondering what the consensus of opinion is at this moment in time?

• Like 3

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

12 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I bought FS Realistic some time ago and uninstalled it after being fairly unimpressed. I would get random sounds playing and so dropped it from my flying. I read at the time that others were experiencing various issues too. I'm just wondering what the consensus of opinion is at this moment in time?

Same here. After a while of trying to find the benefits of FS Realistic, I opted to uninstall it as I couldn't find anything worth to keep it installed. Mind you, this is just my opinion. I use Fenix A320 only, so it very might be that others love FS Realistic.

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

I still like to use it on most flights, but only after disabling a number of effects that seem to interfere with flying characteristics or which I find disturbing (like passengers and airport background sounds), and toning down pretty much all the rest.

One issue that remains and apparently is related to FSR is random zooming, I hope they will work that out some day.

• Like 1

Undercarriage lever a bit sticky was it, Sir?

Would be pretty easy to find out if you've already bought it. What is impressive to some might still not be impressive to you. 

• Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I use it but removed most of the annoying cabin and cockpit sounds. I really love the turbulence and vibration effects but tuned them down to levels i find being actually realistic. Engine vibration by default is waaaaay too aggressive for example.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I use it on all my VFR GA flights and I find it indispensable. It adds sounds and effects to all my aircraft that enhance my flight sim experience.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I like using it. Cabin sounds do nothing for me...but engine reversing  flaps   landing gear and vibrations/turbulence is great.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, polyefko said:

I like using it. Cabin sounds do nothing for me...but engine reversing  flaps   landing gear and vibrations/turbulence is great.

+1

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

49 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

use it but removed most of the annoying cabin and cockpit sounds.

● By default, FSRealistic is enabled for any aircraft that is loaded for the first time using one of our default profiles according to the type of the aircraft.

○ Piston engine

○ Turboprop

○ Jet

○ Seaplane

○ Glider

○ Helicopter

● From that point you can adjust the effects as you wish and all adjustments will be automatically saved into the aircraft profile.

● At any point, you can reset to the default profile by going to the “Profile” tab and pressing on the “Reset” button.

n you will be able to adjust the effect sliders.

○ Movement

■ This slider will control the camera movement intensity.

■ To disable this movement, move the slider all the way to the left.

○ Sound

■ The combo box is where you select the sound you want.

■ The slider is where you set its volume.

■ To disable this sound, move the slider all the way to the left.

I use it on avery flight, really adds alot to the Fenix especially, flap noise, speed brake rumble, takeoff, ground effect. I turned of sneeze and a couple of other sounds. Wouldn't fly without it. Just takes a few minutes to set it up. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Love it and have owned it since it's release. I found that it really adds more movement/sounds etc on some planes that don't have it and when they do, it adds in more. With a head tracker and offline ATC, it really makes a difference. Love having the first-person aspect for my walk arounds before the flight. Nothing more awesome than getting the camera to shake when your main gear touches the runway. 

That being said, there is a newish features that allows to you turn off certain sounds/effects you don't want. I have a few turned off permanently because I find them annoying or bothersome.  The sneezing and random coughing in the cockpit really annoy me. Those are off for good. 

It really helps to go through your main planes you fly and turn up/down certain settings. The DC6, 737, Kodiak, 414, Vision and Hjet and Bae 146 are my main planes I fly so I have tweaked them over the last few months. Once you figure it out to your liking its well worth it. 

TLDR: If you get it, just get it set up correctly (doesn't take long) and you will find it adds quite a bit to the sim. It's one my favorite apps in the sim next to Pilot2ATC, AddonLinker and Navigraph charts

Edited by Sonosusto
i am dumb, can't type or write worth a darn half the time.
  • Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Bought it, installed it and still thinking... why did i buy it?

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I use it mainly with the Fenix A320 and I like it. However I turned down most of the options and use just the ones I like.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

56 minutes ago, willy647 said:

I use it mainly with the Fenix A320 and I like it. However I turned down most of the options and use just the ones I like.

I turned up the one's I hated it, didn't like it, and turned them back off.  😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310