Sign in to follow this  
BlodhemnUK

Confused as hell at low frame rates

9 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Really, the first thing I would do is disable everything in community folder and test the basic sim. If you can get that sorted, the rest will follow. I suspect you have something running in the bg that is stealing cycles. Agree that an overclock would be a big plus but I'd do one thing at a time. frames this low are not directly related to the cpu clock speed. Something else is going on and a high clock might cover it up but not resolve it. But get the BASIC sim running at speed first.

Vic

Completely removed the Community folder just now, and very strange, my framerates actually went down. Now getting 8fps almost constant? that is really wierd. 

Have you try to do a benchmark test to see if your PC work as it should?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 hours ago, Mace said:

When you post the images, could you post a screenshot of your Task Manager, Performance tab, Memory subtab?  and cpu also?  Probably with the sim running in the foreground.

Just posted the MSFS2020 settings on Imgur. I have just toned these down a bit too, and made absolutely no difference that I could see. Even when I went do 1080 screen its same if not slower. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Have you try to do a benchmark test to see if your PC work as it should?

Willing to give it a try, can you recommend any software to test with?

12 hours ago, BlodhemnUK said:

I changed a couple of things in NVidia Control panel, but need to reboot to get it back on as I am currently in clean boot mode, will report back on that one. 

Annoyingly, since I just re-enabled all my nvidia stuff back in startup settings, it has lost all my settings for MSFS2020, so will need to find them, again. 

Hi,
Try downloading Driver Booster 10 (https://www.iobit.com) - free version - and update ALL the system drivers on your PC.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Check in Task manager all your CPU cores are enabled or showing. Also check on Task Manager you have 32GB RAM showing.

Test other games and see how they perform, run 10-minute Cinebench R23 and see if your CPU scores somewhere near what it should.

Edited by Brocky120
add info
  • Like 1

I am no pro.  But are all your pcie cables plugged in to your vid card and seated correctly? Pretty sharp computer guru's on here though.  They will get you squared away eventually.

Good Luck

• Like 1

You have set  'Global Rendering Quality'  to Ultra. Why not try to set this to High-end or even down to Medium. I bet your frame rates will go up and visually there will not be that much difference

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

30 minutes ago, willy647 said:

You have set  'Global Rendering Quality'  to Ultra. Why not try to set this to High-end or even down to Medium. I bet your frame rates will go up and visually there will not be that much difference

If i may throw this question in: What exactly does this setting do? I actually never fiddled with it. Is this changing the overall rendering?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

16 hours ago, BlodhemnUK said:

Hi all, hoping some of my fellow flight simmers can give me some advice as to where I am going wrong. 

I am completely confused and have tried so many things I have lost count. 

I thought I had a decent set up, but now I am starting to wonder. 

My system is as follows:-

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz

Geforce RTX 3090Ti

32Gb Ram

But I am struggling to get above 20 FPS, and anywhere built up I am as low as 8 FPS, even though my CPU and GPU are both only running at around 30% (although I do notice sometimes there may be one or two cpu cores running higher than the rest). As flying Helicopters is my preference, especially in VR, I simply cannot fly it with such low frame rates. 

I do have a fair few addons such as traffic via FSLTL, REX Weather Force, and I try to use FSHud for my ATC, but even without them running, I am getting these awful frame rates. At one time I was getting OK, but never great frame rates, but since the last couple patches, I seem to be getting worse frame rates than people with 1080Ti cards. 

Any one got any ideas? is my CPU not up too scratch?  I am so confused, and just want to fly...

Hoping someone out there can get back up in my Helicopters. 

Kind regards

Rob

Try this, I saw an immediate improvement, the other advice I would give is "stop worrying about fps!" it's all about smoothness and no or very little stuttering.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

3 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

Try this, I saw an immediate improvement, the other advice I would give is "stop worrying about fps!" it's all about smoothness and no or very little stuttering.

But you wont get smoothness without stable FPS.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

But you wont get smoothness without stable FPS.

I said stop worrying about it, not ignore it. i.e. you don't need 120fps to get a smooth flight. Or to put it another way, you can have 120fps, but it still looks word not allowed.......................

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!