Sign in to follow this  
BlodhemnUK

Confused as hell at low frame rates

5 minutes ago, BlodhemnUK said:

I have taken the screen shots, but Cant remember where I needed to upload images. 

Its gone midnight here in UK, so gonna have to get to bed, but you guys have been legendary helping me out, and I cant thank you enough, i'll check back here in the morning for where to upload images, and any other things to try, and hopefully, ill get this thing running better. 

Once again, thanks to all of you for assisting me. 

Best regards

Rob 

When you post the images, could you post a screenshot of your Task Manager, Performance tab, Memory subtab?  and cpu also?  Probably with the sim running in the foreground.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 minutes ago, Mace said:

ould you post a screenshot of your Task Manager, Performance tab, Memory subtab?  and cpu also? with the sim running in the foreground

Sim running in the background, otherwise how will we see all the data from the apps? 😉

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Turn off online traffic!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

22 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Sim running in the background, otherwise how will we see all the data from the apps? 😉

Sim in the foreground!!  I wanna see his cpu with some load on it, like what the clock is doing.  I also want to see if his memory is running at some lower speed like 2133 or something similar.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Really, the first thing I would do is disable everything in community folder and test the basic sim. If you can get that sorted, the rest will follow. I suspect you have something running in the bg that is stealing cycles. Agree that an overclock would be a big plus but I'd do one thing at a time. frames this low are not directly related to the cpu clock speed. Something else is going on and a high clock might cover it up but not resolve it. But get the BASIC sim running at speed first.

Vic

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

..."just one screen. which is a Sony Bravia 4K tv that can run at up 120hz"

At how many Hz is yours running?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Turn off online traffic!

This is a good idea!  I have dialed FSLTL way down to 12 IFR in 50km radius and that is just dandy, and not a huge amount of static traffic either, and it's great.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

5 hours ago, BlodhemnUK said:

Have never OC anything before, so will go watch some vids on what to do and will give that a try. 

I would highly recommend to NOT start overclocking based on youtube videos. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BlodhemnUK said:

Cant remember where I needed to upload images. 

Imgur.com

Bert

Terrain LOD should be really no higher than 200 - that will be the biggest cpu hitter.

Then again a 10700k at 3.8 - doesn't it turbo up a bit higher?  You may have to enable XMP in BIOS 

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Get rid of the fluff addons see if that helps. Start from nothing then add things slowly.

While OC your CPU and enabling XMP might give you more speed it might hurt stability, and more speed doesn't necessarily give you more fps so I would not recommend that at first. Your hardware should give good performance at default speeds.
As others have mentioned, start with the basic sim without community addons, and without VR. Choose a nice quiet region and a simple default AC and you should get >40 (up to 100 over ocean).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I have a RTX 3090 about 3 months ago MSFS FPS started to drop to about the same. I did a clean install of windows and MSFS. It was a pain in the AS## but worth it and now MSFS is running great

Edited by jason74

Jason Richards

Instead over starting to OC the CPU, you can try the turbo option in the BIOS.
Next, maybe it's an option to try MSFS in offline mode, without Bing maps, Photogrammetry, and other online functions.
Check internet speed and SSD/HDD speeds.