Sign in to follow this  
captain420

HondaJet vs TBM 930

Which one is easier to fly and more study level?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You can't have both (study level and easy) but seeing as the TBM is default, you'd most likely like it without the mods.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

They're both fairly simple to fly....I don't mean that in a negative way.  The g3000 is fairly intuitive and they both hand fly well.  The HDJT is only a little faster hehe.  HDJT is technically more in depth imo.  

Also I think they are integrating the new AAU G3000 right now for the HDJT.  The TBM already has integration if you're in the AAU1 beta.

The HDJT is well worth the 25 USD.  

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Default TBM doesn't even have operable doors....why is it being compared to anything at this point?🤣

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

37 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

The Default TBM doesn't even have operable doors....why is it being compared to anything at this point?🤣

It does in AAU1.

Not that I care about operable doors, that's what the staff are for 🤣😂🤣

G

Edit: Just to add, out of the two I'd go for the HondaJet, even more so once it gets updated with AAU....

Edited by Gazzareth
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

57 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

It does in AAU1.

Not that I care about operable doors, that's what the staff are for 🤣😂🤣

G

Edit: Just to add, out of the two I'd go for the HondaJet, even more so once it gets updated with AAU....

Operable doors for all default aircraft in the next update?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

6 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Probably not. The TBM had operable doors in the 1st few iterations of the FS2020 alpha though. No idea why the doors were disabled.

• Like 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

9 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Just the TBM as far as I know.... that always actually had them, but they were disabled. Be surprised if they ever happen on the C700 as it has no cabin.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

11 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

The PMDG 737 doesn't even have an operable lavatory.  LITERALLY unflyable!

/s

Edited by DeepestRed
  • Like 10

The people's flag is deepest red.

Study Level Lol the term is overly used in flight sim, just stop it.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I’m in the beta and yes it at least does have an operable pilots door now.

it’s actually very enjoyable now. 

I hear the Hjet is great by all accounts but the CJ and L700 are now also great to fly (albeit no opening doors or cones - or in the L700 not even a cabin). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

I hear the Hjet is great by all accounts

She is the Bee's Knees' in my opinion. 🙂  I enjoy a "relaxing" flight with her between beta test flights for PMDG birds.   I enjoy her so much that I'm painting a "few" university-themed paints for a few colleges.

Working on this for my Alma Mater:

nlfNjB.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Because the OP wanted 'Easy'... 🤪

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I've flown both the TBM and Honda while learning IFR procedures and found each to have its advantages and disadvantages.  I feel like the TBM is a bit more forgiving than the Honda, especially during windy landings, but the Honda is far from unruly in those situations and is usually very stable.  Both are easy to fly and operate, and both pretty much have the exact same Garmin avionics system.  Personally, I like the Honda just a bit more because I lean more towards jets, but I still fly the TBM for short routes because it's a lot of fun.  The only thing that stuck out to me immediately is the Honda has a semi-auto-throttle which can be quite nice for long cruises.  I think choosing between the two is going to come down to some personal preferences like whether you want to spend money on a payware aircraft, do you find it absolutely necessary to get to your destination faster, or whether you prefer jets over props.  

As far as study level both are pretty much all there.  With the WT Garmin mods there's almost no difference between operating the two once they're off the ground, in fact.  If you're thinking about either one, I'd say take the TBM out and learn it simply because it's free.  If you enjoy it and want to move to a jet, the Honda is one of the best choices on the marketplace if not the best option.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1