Sign in to follow this  
Fiorentoni

Let‘s talk about beauty (airliner edition)

Sure study level is nice and all, but looks matter too! So which airliners do you feel attracted too? Which is the most beautiful airliner available in MSFS (exterior only)? Here‘s my list:

1) 747 - The Queen of the Sky, all obey to her majesty!

2) 787 - smooth curves, great proportions, very beautiful nose, the girlfriend we all want to have

3) 737 - sexy, edgy, like the cool guy walking around night and day with sunglasses on, stealing all the girls

4) Embraer E-Jets - the most beautiful regional jet by a huge margin, smooth curves with a nose that reminds of a duck (I like that actually)

5) MD-80 - cool and raw, a force of nature who sticks out of the bland mass of airliners

6) A320 - the girl from next door, nice and friendly looking, but overall a bit boring

7) BAE 146 - absurdly many engines for such a small plane, weird proportions, but makes up for this by his specialness

8 ) CRJ - looks like a tall skinny dude with a weirdly stretched and pointed face

9) A330 - the big brother from the girl next door, solid but severely lacking any sort of charm

10) A310 - looks like an obese A320, but looks like he probably doesn‘t care anyway

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Fun Thread.

737 sure has a pretty face but the back-end of an A330 with those wing curves does something for me 🤣

1) It's Jessica Rabbit but with a hint of mother. You thought it would be around forever but is fading out of existence. For many, already has but will remain forever fond in our memories.

2) Look at it again, it's like an 80's pop star. Something about it at the time but the yellow hair and ripped jeans are not ageing well. Compare it to the looks of the A350 which will be timeless. I know, We don't have an A350.

3) You just want to kiss it. Especially with the eyebrow windows

4) I want to make a joke but in the modern world that isn't allowed so suffice it to say that it has a name you have never heard of before and can't pronounce so you are not sure if it bats or bowls

5) The supermodel of the airliner world. Looks pretty in the face but when seen as a whole it clearly has an eating disorder. To paraphrase (Francis Bacon: "There is no excellent beauty, that hath not some strangeness in the proportion"

6) The girl with the flat shoes that works in the cubicle next to yours that is always on the phone with her mother trying to calm her neuroses.....(pull up...retard retard)

7) The last Brit in the trenches that was born in the 1800s and refuses to modernise entirely.....(Reverse thrust? Who needs reverse thrust?) Something endearing about it but it makes you a bit nervous. Has a twitchy eye and an back end that opens. Could **** on you at any moment.

8 ) And I see you had the same problem as me with an emoticon so hence the space...😉....CRJ..... Waspish...spiteful pointy face with an inferiority complex and a cockpit layout that is so out of alignment it reminds me of a Lancia Stratos. I wouldn't trust it with my sister.

9) Like that nerdy girl in cubicle a320 next door that is always on the phone with her mother until one night you see her out in high heels and dancing......I refer to those wings from behind...Ahem!

10) Like a bloated lake carp that was part of an early genetic experiment. Functionally reliable like an old Auntie.....but you don't want to hug it.

Some of the words that get censored in this place are really quite laughable 🤣

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 3

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

You forgot Concorde. Surely one of the most beautiful machines man has ever created. In terms of looks and your list it's like comparing Beyoncé with Dame Edna Everage.in ten different frocks.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

A couple of weeks back I happened to re-visit the Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm Museum in Yeovil, UK, where Concorde (prototype 002) is on display. 

Confirmed - she beats them all, airliners or not.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 2

Can we put the A380 at the other end of the list?

Still the most comfortable plane I've had the misfortune to have to spend most of a day on, and that includes the 747 upper deck.  Of course, Emirates may have had a hand in that.

4 hours ago, jarmstro said:

You forgot Concorde. Surely one of the most beautiful machines man has ever created. In terms of looks and your list it's like comparing Beyoncé with Dame Edna Everage.in ten different frocks.

Ah yes indeed I forgot. Can't edit anymore, sorry. I'd put it up there with the Queen, though with the Queen still on top.

56 minutes ago, lzamm said:

Can we put the A380 at the other end of the list?

Still the most comfortable plane I've had the misfortune to have to spend most of a day on, and that includes the 747 upper deck.  Of course, Emirates may have had a hand in that.

Well we're not talking about comfortable, but about beautiful. To me the A380 looks like a 19 year old Mike Tyson, and I do not feel attracted to that. Anyway there's no A380 in MSFS yet, that's why it didn't make the list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well we're not talking about comfortable, but about beautiful. To me the A380 looks like a 19 year old Mike Tyson, and I do not feel attracted to that. Anyway there's no A380 in MSFS yet, that's why it didn't make the list.

If we lucky she may roll out sometime this year to MSFS, but you right we don't have it yet..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

From real world experience,

(2) you wouldn’t want a 787 as a girlfriend , very intelligent but too high maintenance and severely lacking in performance.

(1) Yes the 747 still remains supreme, with enough brute force to get you out of any mess though sadly showing her age a bit.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

11 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Which is the most beautiful airliner available in MSFS (exterior only)?

👎

has to be the best post i read 👎

for now, cheers

john martin

6 hours ago, jarmstro said:

You forgot Concorde. Surely one of the most beautiful machines man has ever created.

Not for me. Reminds me of a seventeenth-century plague doctor with a long-nosed mask, and wings that look like a cloak streaming out behind. Dr Death. Each to their own.

Plague Doctor's Mask Maximus in Black Leather - Etsy UK

Edited by Petraeus
  • Like 2

Petraeus

to me the E-Jet is hideous.  Perhaps the ugliest of all modern commercial airliners.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

43 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

Not for me. Reminds me of a seventeenth-century plague doctor with a long-nosed mask, and wings that look like a cloak streaming out behind. Dr Death. Each to their own.

Plague Doctor's Mask Maximus in Black Leather - Etsy UK

LOL! Now, come on, Next you'll be telling us that a 737 gets it's nickname because it looks like an elephant. But come to think of it....

Edited by jarmstro

How could such a list leave out the most beautiful Airbus of all ?

sifreto.jpg

There's a payware one in That Other Sim, but sadly neglected so far in MSFS.

• Like 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Most beautiful airliner in MSFS? Lockheed Constellation without a doubt!

• Like 2

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049