Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Return à Misty Moorings now available for MSFS.

I enjoyed it with FSX but MSFS has opened up the whole world in a way that FSX never could. I'm happy to remember it as it was and keep it there. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

I didn't know that RTMM was out for MSFS. Thanks to the OP for letting us know - time for some Beaver and Twin Otter float plane flying. I think.

I have it all downloaded now and setup in MSFS Addon Linker, and verified that all is working. Is there any way to tell wheter you will need wheels, skis, or floats when choosing which flight plan?

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't use add on linker, is that a must with this scenery?

Bob, you knew this time was coming.. time to get it installed 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

It's been available for months.

True,

I installed it September 2021.

Great to have RTMM in MSFS.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Such an outstanding collection of scenery. It's the small details on the ground and water that makes the bush flying experience really come to life in MSFS.

• Like 1

Andrew Walker

19 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Bob, you knew this time was coming.. time to get it installed 🙂

I watched a video on Add on linker, and decided that I really have no need for it, seems to just add more complexity to starting a flight. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Such an outstanding collection of scenery. It's the small details on the ground and water that makes the bush flying experience really come to life in MSFS.

Any idea how many gb in the '1 shot, includes everything' unzipped download??

T45

32 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I watched a video on Add on linker, and decided that I really have no need for it, seems to just add more complexity to starting a flight. 

What complexity Bob?  At its core the primary mission of AL is to provide a quick and easy way to enable and disable objects to the community folder. Once you set it as on it stays on and no further intervention is required until you want it off. 

23 minutes ago, btacon said:

What complexity Bob?  At its core the primary mission of AL is to provide a quick and easy way to enable and disable objects to the community folder. Once you set it as on it stays on and no further intervention is required until you want it off. 

I don't have to enable or disable anything, or select presets to fly. I don't have a bunch of trash in my community folder, so I don't disable or enable anything. I just like to launch MSFS and fly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't have to enable or disable anything, or select presets to fly. I don't have a bunch of trash in my community folder, so I don't disable or enable anything. I just like to launch MSFS and fly. 

Ok. Then Fly Bob, Fly! 😎

5 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

Any idea how many gb in the '1 shot, includes everything' unzipped download??

T45

Yeah, unzipped it's 4.95GB in size, however the download is only 1.2GB and is on a Google Drive link which is super fast.

• Like 1

Andrew Walker

I just made my first water landing in MSFS with the Beaver. But, how do you stop at a dock - or is that not possible?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

If you have addon linker installed, then you can make a new folder called MistyMoorings or something. And drop all the MM packages in that one folder. 

Now boot Addon Linker and click on that one folder and an icon,  and all the dozens MM packages are now added into the sim.

Then, whenever you like, click on that folder and on another icon and presto all 33 MM packages are removed and nothing else is removed.

If you don't  have Addon Linker then examine the community folder and identify the MM packages as opposed to the packages that are not related to MM. And move to storage somewhere only those MM packages. Later on, when you are ready, you can put them all back in again.

So there's a choice of whether to use addon linker or not. Which will affect the speed of managing MSFS with MistyMorings installed.

• Like 3

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

BTW, there's no need to boot up addon linker except when you want to make changes to community before booting up MSFS. Click some icons to make your changes and then close Addon linker. No need to have it running anymore during your flights. 

Changing dozens of folders in Community with addon linker will take about 2 seconds for the changes to execute, after your mouse selected mouse clicks. 

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

If you have addon linker installed, then you can make a new folder called MistyMoorings or something. And drop all the MM packages in that one folder. 

Now boot Addon Linker and click on that one folder and an icon,  and all the dozens MM packages are now added into the sim.

Then, whenever you like, click on that folder and on another icon and presto all 33 MM packages are removed and nothing else is removed.

If you don't  have Addon Linker then examine the community folder and identify the MM packages as opposed to the packages that are not related to MM. And move to storage somewhere only those MM packages. Later on, when you are ready, you can put them all back in again.

So there's a choice of whether to use addon linker or not. Which will affect the speed of managing MSFS with MistyMorings installed.

Now that makes more sense.