Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

GSX Pro gets remote de-icing and more

https://fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

January 21st, 2023 

• GSX Pro NEW: Added support for REMOTE DEICING. Please check the manual to see how this feature works. This is only the 1st step of the update, with a subsequent one featuring updated editing features for custom Deicing areas to come out later.
  • GSX Pro Change: New color theme for the menu, with colors that should better integrate with non-default MSFS color themes, with a smaller font and several shortened texts, to take less space on screen without cutting out too much info. Some icons added in the menu entries, to better differentiate Runway Starts and Custom Deice areas.
  • GSX Pro Change: Changed Deicing fluid colors to be more realistic: Type 1 = Yellow, Type 2 = Clear, Type 3 = Orange, Type 4 = Green. Saturation will change depending on Concentration.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added an option to Ignore the Departure time when using Simbrief.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added internal support for Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter and PMDG DC-6.
  • GSX Pro Change: PMDG automatic door handler now uses SDK events instead of FMC keypresses, for better reliability.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Added new Safedock types, with just a screen, useful to replace a VGDS on a 3rd party scenery, without having to show the GSX casing too, which will help with performances.
  • GSX Pro NEW: Updated manual, covering the new Remote Deicing feature.
  • GSX Pro Change: Added some exclusion patterns to prevent Jetways not being recognized correctly on some 3rd party airports using jetway links as SimObjects ( Tailstrike Designs LKPR ).
  • GSX Pro Fix: Some VGDS didn’t initialized correctly at the gate when no Simbrief was used.
  • GSX Pro Fix: Custom height in Parking System editor didn’t update correctly when moving the object.
  • GSX Pro Change: Text messages now use a Queue system, so they won’t be missed if a new message come when the previous one was still displaying.
  • Zurich for MSFS:: Added support for GSX custom Deicing pads in the default FSDT profile, with working Visual Guidance system. Scenery updated to feature more detailed markings in the Deicing areas. Fixed parking 48, which was incorrectly labeled as 4B.

• Like 17

Nice update. Can you tell me what is the proper method for updating?

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Nice update. Can you tell me what is the proper method for updating?

Thanks

"FSDT Installer" app -> click the update button next to GSX.

Thanks

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

That's a great new feature and right in time for the winter wave here in Central Europe. I love how much GSX sped up its development since being released for MSFS and can't wait for other (long awaited) features to arrive.

• Like 1

When is the SDK/API in place for reading BGL"S from encrypted marketplace add-ons?

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

26 minutes ago, altenae said:

When is the SDK/API in place for reading BGL"S from encrypted marketplace add-ons?

Hi Altenae, it is already in place for over a month now 🙂 You have to enable the navdata option in FSDT Installer/GSX settings.

Is the de icing now effective? Or still just visual.

As I know Asobo didn’t give the possibility to overwrite and modify a specific variable.

• Like 1

GSX unfortunately gives me the SimObject problem. If I have GSX running, when arriving at an airport, it has disappeared. 

I tried disabling and enabling various things (AI, 3rd party airports ect), but it was only disabling GSX that solved the problem.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

GSX unfortunately gives me the SimObject problem. If I have GSX running, when arriving at an airport, it has disappeared. 

I tried disabling and enabling various things (AI, 3rd party airports ect), but it was only disabling GSX that solved the problem.

Disable this. I haven't had the issue since.

kEfMqZj.png

Edited by Tuskin38

2 hours ago, YouDontKnow said:

Is the de icing now effective? Or still just visual.

As I know Asobo didn’t give the possibility to overwrite and modify a specific variable.

Is still just visual, except that GSX turns on all default deicing systems in the airplane for you, but that's the only thing it does and it was the same in FSX/P3D too, since the variables related to icing has always been read-only there as well.

However, should the ability to write those variables will ever become available, adding them to GSX will be really easy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gerwil said:

Hi Altenae, it is already in place for over a month now

Way more than a month: support for the SU10 Navdata API has been added to GSX since last October.

However, we expect even better results with the SU12 SDK, which will update the Navdata API and should finally give us all data we about jetways, including some we never had before, not even when we *could* read the airport .BGL, and that should once and for all solve all the remaining issues with jetways that are only caused by lack of enough data about them.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Does anyone get GSX working with the CRJ at a stand? All ground services are connecting correctly except for the passengers and the crew. As soon as they come in contact with the stairs, they get pulled up straight into the air and appear a few seconds later 10 feet away from the entrance, still walking in mid air.

I tried with or without a CRJ profile from flightsim.to, different airports, different airport profiles nothing worked correctly. 

Edited by petz_e