Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado Archer II - any takers?

I know we have a lot of piston singles by now - but I learned to fly on a Warrior II and Archer II - anyone purchased this yet?

It seems to support WT GNS430W, PMS or TDS GTN 750xi

I've been very satisfied especially with their latest PC12 and Mooney updates...  I don't have any fps issues etc.

52654374726_8d72a4c430_k.jpgarcherext by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52654648369_1f6c92f673_k.jpgarchercockpit by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nope 🙂

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

With the JF Arrow and Warrior it's difficult to justify this one even at a relatively low price.

• Like 2

I would wait for a2a Comanchee !

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Got it. Wish that sun visor was removeable, it really bugs me.

-- tazz

24 minutes ago, tazz said:

Got it. Wish that sun visor was removeable, it really bugs me.

Carenado seem to be making a thing on their website about the sounds and how they change when you open stuff so is this the first Carenado where you can open the windows in-flight without the plane exploding ?

If the panel texturing is a step up from their Arrow (similar panel, although this one looks older - a good thing), I might be tempted.    But as someone else said;  when you own the Carenado Arrow, the JF Arrow, JF Arrow Turbo and JF Warrior, additional PA28 variants need to be pretty special (eg. A2A) to get the heart racing.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

The Archer II is one of my fav GA, planes. I might be tempted. Just wish it was by someone other than them.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

People are saying it does not have an AP - which is likely realistic.  I don't ever remember flying an archer 2 with AP.  Still for those long hauls a 2 axis heading and alt hold is appreciated.  For now I've picked up the Arrow from them (only own the Turbo arrow from JF) since it has a more modern cockpit and functions for the most part with dual WT GNS430s (and it has an AP).  I don't like the Carenado Arrow flight model at the moment but I think they are patching up as part of their fleet upgrade thing they mentioned on facebook.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm very interested. Thanks Ryan.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

54 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

People are saying it does not have an AP

That is correct. No AP. FWIW I have about 50 hours in a Hershey Wing STOL Warrior with a two axis AP.

-B

(logged those hours in mid seventies so my recollection may be a bit fuzzy on details but I distinctly recall the AP.  I also bought the archer after seeing your post. Love the plane. Looks and flys superb. Disappointed that I missed the lack of an AP. No AP makes my fancy TDS 750 pretty much a meh so  doubt I will get much stick time with this one.  I’ve got too many “modern” planes to fly! LoL)

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

I'm pretty happy with the Cessna 310 and the Kodiak. If I get one other GA aircraft, I guess it will be the A2A Comanche, although I owned that in P3D and hate to buy the same aircraft again. Like remarrying your ex wife. 😉

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

"Buy photos from select Flickr photographers here."

did you buy this from a select Flickr photographer here? 😀52654374726_8d72a4c430_k.jpg

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Well this one is definitely a no for me.

Having no AP (but wanting one) is no issue for non-marketplace planes - one line change in the systems.cfg activates the AP.   But as this is Marketplace only, there is no access to the systems.cfg and so, no autopilot really does mean no autopilot for this bird!

(It's not that I would use it a lot, and I appreciate an older, rougher Archer like this probably wouldn't have an AP, it's just to have the convenience as an option - you know, for popping to the little boys room, etc!   ...or taking a break from the controls on a longer flight, imagining that it's just your co-pilot / buddy taking the controls for 10 mins while you enjoy the view).

I really loathe this Marketplace policy of encrypting the config files.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

At the moment no Carenado Products anymore after this messy PC12 which ist still not really useable,....and their customer support and communication is anyway a different story...