Sign in to follow this  
hhbrbg

AMD Announces Ryzen 7000X3D Pricing:

Oh, nice.

Maybe I well step up from my 5900X when the benchmarks pop up!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Given that only one of the two chiplets has 3D cache, the cheapest processor may well turn out to be the best (or at least best bang for buck) option. All depends on how well Windows schedules and allocates cores, as well as the clock boost frequency.

Looking forward to the reviews. 

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

It's a great time NOT to buy any hardware at all and let them know we're not happy. Come on, 4090 at 2500 euro? CPU and GPU "flow-control"?

Not getting a penny from me until they wake up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

For the first time in many years I recently bought a Radeon piece - a GPU - 7900XT and am very pleased with it. Came from a 8 gig 2080 I had for 4 years. My CPU a i9-9900k that I've had for the same length of time is going to be replaced shortly.. Been watching the 7900 & 7950 and now we have the X3d version arriving shortly. I'm looking forward to seeing comparison reviews/tests etc. I will be probably getting one of these. Intel and Nvidia are where I have gone for replacement pieces in the past but not necessarily any more.

I have a 9900k now running with a suprim x 3080ti 

domyou guys recommend the new AMD cpu?

would I need to buy ram? Or can I keep my ddr4 3600mhz 4x8gb sticks 

thanks

mike

Edited by mikeymike

I would suggest waiting for benchmarks to come out comparing the new AMD processors to the Intel 13000 series processors.  Should be soon.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Reports are some retailers are marking up the price by some 100 Euros due to low stocks on release. and was delayed partly due to this supply chain again and AMD cutting back production sales down last year 40% on hardware across the industry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg