Sign in to follow this  
slicker55

Orbx Orb Store (Limited Incentive For MSFS Customers)

15 hours ago, slicker55 said:

It is very disappointing to see there are no major airports for MSFS (only one GA airfield) compared to a much wider selection for other simulators.

I just noticed this the other day and was also disappointed. The Orbs store started off with quite a few MSFS airports but after each weekly or so refresh the numbers dwindled down to the one airport we see currently. My theory is ORBX lost their behind on the sheer numbers of how many MSFS airports were getting picked up for essentially free.

I feel ORBX was quickly surprised at how popular the Orbs would be and they had to reel back on the reigns just a little bit. 

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I had retroactive Orbs from some products I bought years ago, had enough for Key West. I still haven't flown to it haha.

Edited by Tuskin38

13 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I had retroactive Orbs from some products I bought years ago, had enough for Key West. I still haven't flown to it haha.

Yeah, I have had that issue with occasional freebies I win on various live streams where they have random giveaways. Often I already own the only products from a particular dev that I actually want so end up with things I never use.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

When they started the loyalty program, Orbx distributed some Orbs based on past purchases. I own probably about 90% of their P3D products and they gifted me 160 Orbs. 🙄  There isn’t a whole lot to pick from for 160 Orbs. 

It's a nice idea executed badly, I went to their discord to give ideas/suggestions on how to improve it, whether they take any feedback on board is upto them.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

7 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I just noticed this the other day and was also disappointed. The Orbs store started off with quite a few MSFS airports but after each weekly or so refresh the numbers dwindled down to the one airport we see currently. My theory is ORBX lost their behind on the sheer numbers of how many MSFS airports were getting picked up for essentially free.

I feel ORBX was quickly surprised at how popular the Orbs would be and they had to reel back on the reigns just a little bit. 

That problem isn't going away. The longer they wait the bigger the piles of Orbs we will be sitting on. OrbX could offer regular airports but those of interest to us we probably already purchased during a sale.
The only MSFS Orbs airport available cost 30 orbs. With the 1200 I have accumulated I could get 40 of these, so Orbx still "ows" me 40 airports.

With Just flight I can use points to lower the cost of addons. That stimulates buying an addon while its new and outside of sales since you make your own discount. I used it to justify my purchase of FS Trafffic, otherwise I would have "watched the cat out of the tree" ( a Dutch saying meaning "to wait and see what happens").

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I had my eyes on Key West which I could purchage using my Orbs. Now its gone though,

As OP said, only 1 product available for MSFS. What a complete joke!

• Like 1

And that one MSFS airport was freeware in the first place.
I have "purchased" it even before the Orbs existed.
KORS for MSFS was available a few weeks ago, so I spend some Orbs on that.

Edited by bvdboomen

Orbx Orbs are like Delta Skymiles......almost worthless!

Eric 

... guys, great input, so far, to anyone else sitting on the fence, if you're unhappy about the current situation, now's the time to have your say, keep the comments coming please ... if people agree, i'm happy to let this thread run for a week or so and then invite Orbx along to get a more realistic sense of how their customers feel.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900K 3.20GHz | Z690 Hero | 64Gb DDR5 5200MHz | RTX3090 O24G | 2TB Firecuda 530 M.2 | RM1000x | H170i ELITE | Corsair 7000D | Samsung Neo G9 | TrackIR | ButtKicker | Honeycomb Bravo | TM TCA Boeing & Sidestick | MFG Crosswinds | Logitech Multi/Radio Panels | Win 10 | MSFS 2020 | (revised May 2023)

What's and Orb...🤣!

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thanks I never knew about ORBS (because I use Orbx Central instead of Direct). The one  AP is Fairways, Oregon (by Portland).

But fllightsim.to has the new KTCM since about 3 days ago. I wondered what that giant plane was at KTCM scenery. It's the Globemaster. KTCM is by Seattle and Renten. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

https://flightsim.to/file/49187/mcchord-afb-ktcm-usa

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:18 PM, F737MAX said:

I'm finding their pricing noticably more expensive for some of the third party add-ons compared to other stores

Me too. Adding the "Orbs" are basically useless - at least for the moment - for msfs users (only 1 msfs scenery is available via Orbs), I dont see any incentive to keep shopping with them.

The Orbs are about as much use as my unused book of Green Shield Stamps from the 70's.  :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.