Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Analog Baron/Bo with failures coming!

On 2/17/2023 at 12:05 PM, Chapstick said:

These Black Square products would be a lot more compelling if they were not based on default art and sounds. 

and not priced the same as a typical full sim model - $32.99 for the Bonanza or Baron panel. But, I will probably spring for the Bonanza panel, it is sooo nice.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

How does it fly ?

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

3 minutes ago, raymar said:

and not priced the same as a typical full sim model - $32.99 for the Bonanza or Baron panel. But, I will probably spring for the Bonanza panel, it is sooo nice.

Regards,

Ray

All down to opinion but I think this represents absolutely great value for your bucks. Yes it's based on default model but it adds so much more to give such an immersive experience. Luckily lots also agree on that basis.  If you read through everything on the product page, check the tech overview videos out you'll start to get a feel for what you're getting here. These BS products, the skill and work that goes into them really do justify the price points. We'd ensure they'd not be priced like that if we thought otherwise.  And obviously buying from Just Flight, you could use reward points to chip away at the price and by buying one of these pair of aircraft you get a discount code that gives you 25% off the other one.

Your choice of course, if you opt in I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.  Enjoy if you take the plunge.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustFlightScott said:

All down to opinion but I think this represents absolutely great value for your bucks. Yes it's based on default model but it adds so much more to give such an immersive experience. Luckily lots also agree on that basis.  If you read through everything on the product page, check the tech overview videos out you'll start to get a feel for what you're getting here. These BS products, the skill and work that goes into them really do justify the price points. We'd ensure they'd not be priced like that if we thought otherwise.  And obviously buying from Just Flight, you could use reward points to chip away at the price and by buying one of these pair of aircraft you get a discount code that gives you 25% off the other one.

Your choice of course, if you opt in I'm sure you'll not be disappointed.  Enjoy if you take the plunge.

I would expect the Robert Young Bonanza/Turbo Bonanza mods coupled with the BS analog panel would be a Sierra Hotel package.  Now if we could just figure out how to add speed brakes.  ah.

Regards,

Ray

14 minutes ago, raymar said:

I would expect the Robert Young Bonanza/Turbo Bonanza mods coupled with the BS analog panel would be a Sierra Hotel package.  Now if we could just figure out how to add speed brakes.  ah.

Regards,

Ray

While I love the Ron Young Turbo Bonanza I think this is a significantly more realistic modelling of a turbo normalised engine - not perfect, it has to fight against the really poor MSFS engine modelling and that's a battle it can't 100% win but impressive all the same.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, raymar said:

Regards,

Ray

As much as I loved the RealAir planes and Rob/Sean's talents, why would you want to effectively overwrite the custom turbo engine work of BlackSquare, with a freeware mod limited to some CFG file tweaks? 

I would bet my last penny that the engine and performance modelling offered here goes over and above that of Rob's turbo mod.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I revised the comps on the new tip tanks dds and I think I got this one pretty close to match the rest of the paint.  Crispy is magically talented so I don't think I can get them exact....  maybe he'll update the paint himself but in the mean time I've got it done for personal use.  Just need to add the 2 other model variations.

Oh, if anyone knows where that little white strip (on the tip tanks) is located in the texture files let me know!  I can't seem to find it on the tip tanks texture DDS

52736922329_a886080e06_k.jpgbluetips_revision1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I think I've found the single best reason to replace the default G36 with this - you can't accidentally set the fuel switch to cut-off when changing tanks - you need to press the white button before you can turn the fuel off.

Considering the number of times I've rolled the mouse the wrong way and switched the fuel off in the original plane I'd buy this for that feature alone.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JYW said:

As much as I loved the RealAir planes and Rob/Sean's talents, why would you want to effectively overwrite the custom turbo engine work of BlackSquare, with a freeware mod limited to some CFG file tweaks? 

I would bet my last penny that the engine and performance modelling offered here goes over and above that of Rob's turbo mod.

Well, very good point, but, I would never bet against Rob's Mods.  I personally would not overwrite anything, just have both available. I will go with the benefit of doubt and see how the BS version performs for me. 

I think it is interesting that we are getting old school panel variations and engine mods from 3rd party developers.  Who wudda thunk it?

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

I have just finished browsing the BS Analog Bonanza Manual that I downloaded from JustFlight.  We might be welcoming some serious competition for the A2A Simulations models that are yet to be completed for MSFS.  Times are good. A2A quality GAs w/ GTN 750 and all the good times that comes with that.

Regards,

Ray

Just Flight - Steam Gauge Overhaul - Analog Bonanza

• Upvote 2

Yes indeed.  I'm very excited for what A2A will bring as well.  The Bo and the PA24 are similar.  Well maybe the 260B or C vs the Bo.

Finished converting another third party paint (again not mine!)

Crankpin did a seriously beautiful job on this paint!

52737295245_6e9660ddab_k.jpgN953HB2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Yes indeed.  I'm very excited for what A2A will bring as well.  The Bo and the PA24 are similar.  Well maybe the 260B or C vs the Bo.Finished converting another third party paint (again not mine!)Crankpin did a seriously beautiful job on this paint!

N953HB2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Yep, Beautiful colors, will be one of the favorites.  Thanks Ryan, what took so long?

Regards,

Ray

3 hours ago, Matchstick said:

really poor MSFS engine modelling

I haven't heard this before. What is the evidence/data that MSFS engine modelling is really poor?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Fabulous panel. I keep staring at that lovely ADI. Best flight director ever done.

does black square have a forum or discord? How can I contact them?

5 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

How does it fly ?

good question, and how well does it hold a side slip in a 15kt cross wind landing, would be another good test?

Edited by hangar