Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Analog Baron/Bo with failures coming!

3 minutes ago, hangar said:

Well, sure...same as when you take a commercial flight on the initial climbouts which happen at more than 2000fps...your ears pop.

But that 3,000fpm initial down to 1,800fpm sounds like it's going to need a bit of taming...like it might be a departure from reality 🙂

I think it was accurate... I was light and climbing at full power before changing to cruise climb.  I only maintained 3k fpm for about 2000 ft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I think it was accurate... I was light and climbing at full power before changing to cruise climb.  I only maintained 3k fpm for about 2000 ft.

Not really sure myself so I started checking around for pireps...so far the best report I found was an inital of around 1,800fps down to a normal 1200fpm but I dunno what the MP settings were. I believe that was on a TAT normalized if Im not mistaken.

Edited by hangar

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

Not really sure myself so I started checking around for pireps...so far the best report I found was an inital of around 1,800fps down to a normal 1200fpm but I dunno what the MP settings were. I believe that was on a TAT normalized if Im not mistaken.

I believe I read 1850 at sea level max gross.  I wasn't anywhere near max gross but I was near SL.  And temps were chilly.  I need to look at some more perf charts. 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice to hear. Probably not getting the Baron as I already have two very solid high-fidelity twins (310 and 414) and a Carenado Seneca. The Bonanza seems amazing. Hopefully it gets released on Contrails soon!

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

14 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I believe I read 1850 at sea level max gross.  I wasn't anywhere near max gross but I was near SL.  And temps were chilly.  I need to look at some more perf charts. 

Ryan this looks pretty reasonable to me...but again other than a couple reports I really dunno what the real numbers should be:

I need to keep reminding myself to hold off, and that its the Baron Im waiting for 🙂

Edited by hangar

WIP tip tanks... doing it all in old school 2D.  Basing it off another design I found where the plane has a silver fuselage stripe instead of gold.  I also did a slight comp edit so you'll see the gold flake come out on the tip as shown here in shade.

52737706799_65ba9b9ddb_k.jpgN136HB3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

brings back memories of fsx dreamfleet bonanza days with the rxp gns530 and wx radar gauges.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

3 hours ago, hangar said:

I need to keep reminding myself to hold off, and that its the Baron Im waiting for 🙂

I am in a similar boat.

Though apparently there is a 25% discount on the Baron if you own the Bonanza ?

4 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I am in a similar boat.

Though apparently there is a 25% discount on the Baron if you own the Bonanza ?

That is indeed correct, If you purchase the Bonanza you'll receive a discount code to use when the Baron releases and it'll give you 25% off.  There will also be a bundle on offer that will give you a very similar discount across the two.  That will launch upon release of the Baron too.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I read the manual regarding state saving, but whatever I do in the plane, looks like all switches (the ones mentioned in the pdf), windows, visors etc are being reset whenever I start a new flight.

Anyone else experiencing this? Also it says it's being saved "periodically". What does that mean, every 10 seconds, 5 minutes, 10 minutes? 🙂

Many radio and switch settings are also saved for recall, including cabin environmental controls, and the state of other cabin aesthetics, such as sun visors, armrests, and windows. No action is required by the user to save these configurations, as they are autosaved periodically, or whenever required by the software. The state of switches that affect the primary operation of the aircraft, such as battery switches, de-icing, etc, are not saved, and are instead set when the aircraft is loaded based on the starting position of the aircraft.

13 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Of minor note I couldn't find the OAT gauge light...  I think it should be tied to instruments.  I had to use the red flashlight mod at night to see it (highly recommended btw:  https://flightsim.to/file/918/red-flashlight-night-mod )

The OAT Gauge light is linked to the Whiskey Compass light and they are controlled by a button on the top of the right hand grip of the yoke (additionally OAT is shown on the Engine Computer)

Edited by Matchstick

58 minutes ago, dikkeduif said:

I read the manual regarding state saving, but whatever I do in the plane, looks like all switches (the ones mentioned in the pdf), windows, visors etc are being reset whenever I start a new flight.

Anyone else experiencing this? Also it says it's being saved "periodically". What does that mean, every 10 seconds, 5 minutes, 10 minutes? 🙂

I just exited a flight a few minutes ago so I reloaded cold and dark at a different airport to check and the LH sunvisor was still down in the position I had left it in my last flight.

Not sure what the issue could be, your not in developer mode by any chance?

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

WIP tip tanks... doing it all in old school 2D.  Basing it off another design I found where the plane has a silver fuselage stripe instead of gold.  I also did a slight comp edit so you'll see the gold flake come out on the tip as shown here in shade.

N136HB3 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Beautiful work Ryan!

How did you get this to work? I tried to convert the KLM Flight Academy livery from Flightsim.to by following the instructions in the manual, but it doesn't show up, no matter what i try. Another user reported the same problem on the official forum thread.
https://flightsim.to/file/428/klm-bonanza-g36

Regards,
Andre

I notice that at FL200 the NAV radios can pick up VOR and DME from > 180NM away.
At that range there seems quite a bit of signal degreadation on the NAV 1 and NAV 2 radios leading to unrealiable DME and  OBS output but the DME output from the RNAV seems unaffected by signal loss and reliable.

2 hours ago, Matchstick said:

I notice that at FL200 the NAV radios can pick up VOR and DME from > 180NM away.

Sounds pretty right.

The old "rule of thumb" for radio range taught to new pilots is:

The VHF radio range in nautical miles is the square root of 1.5 times the aircraft's altitude in feet.

1) 20,000 (ft) times 1,5 = 30,000
2) Square root of 30,000  =  173.2 (nm)

and 173.2 nm is pretty close to 180