Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Analog Baron/Bo with failures coming!

15 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

For your information the King Air update has already been released.

Thanks for the heads-up, seems it just released today...speak of the devil.

I don't see any mention in the notes regarding the disappearing click-spots on the TDS 750 though. Maybe they just left it out of the notes is all, as I know JF has confirmed the bug and told them about it. I'll load this up and give it a try today!

Edited by hangar

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Thanks for the heads-up, seems it just released today...speak of the devil.

I don't see any mention in the notes regarding the disappearing click-spots on the TDS 750 though. Maybe they just left it out of the notes is all, as I know JF has confirmed the bug and told them about it. I'll load this up and give it a try today!

I’ve just downloaded the update but have not tried it yet but I’m confident the click spots issue is fully resolved and has been for me for well over a week. It was a combination of software changes from TDS, PMS, and Working Title that resolved these issues in the KA and the Caravan, or at least that’s my take. 

Edit:  I just posted the changelog in another thread. Hanger it looks like all your concerns and then a whole bunch more have been addressed

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

I got impatient waiting for the Baron so did the only sensible thing and bought the kingair while I wait.

I have to say using the Varjo aero on max resolution those instruments are absolutely spectacular all built with 3 dimensional moving parts, they’re the aviation equivalent of a fine Rolex watch.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

16 minutes ago, jon b said:

I got impatient waiting for the Baron so did the only sensible thing and bought the kingair while I wait.

I have to say using the Varjo aero on max resolution those instruments are absolutely spectacular all built with 3 dimensional moving parts, they’re the aviation equivalent of a fine Rolex watch.

I've only got the reverb G2 but I find the king air very enjoyable in VR as well.  Has a good "I'm there" feeling.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

All of you are awful.

Because of you I will most certainly get the Bonanza. You're all right about lack of doors etc. I love having that in other planes but having something more accurate is better IMO. Pros vs Cons. Having that in-depth detail is better than some of the other "fun" stuff.

Did not get the KA update quiet yet but looking forward to it.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

As per JustFlight website March 9 is Bonanza release

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

38 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

As per JustFlight website March 9 is Bonanza release

Good - my second day off... time to fly!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Less than a day now.

These things interest me as:

• I absolutely never swap to external view, ever, so do not really care that it is the default exterior
  • I am not sure what other people fly in real life but where I come from almost nothing on the GA apron has full glass cockpits, people cannot afford it, it is nearly all analog gauges and a GPS

16 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

• I am not sure what other people fly in real life but where I come from almost nothing on the GA apron has full glass cockpits, people cannot afford it, it is nearly all analog gauges and a GPS

Very true here in the USA as well.  Any rental you get (and some places to have bonanzas but it may be more in a flying club)....  it may have a basic GTN650 or GNS430...  sometimes you might get one with a G5 or dual G5's/Aspen if it's really nice

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

once they are done with their Beechcraft, I would love to see them overhaul the digital Carenados, or cooperate with them on future analog versions like in the old Thranda -P3D days. let Carenado work the beauty salon, and BKSQ add the brain. that would be a win-win-win for everybody.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I have the Black Square King Air, which I LOVE. I really like the analog gauges more than the all glass cockpits.

That said, what kind of flying would you pick a Bonanza or a Baron for that you wouldn't use a Kodiak, 414 Chancellor or Van's RV-14 (all of which I already own)? Aside from the analog gauges that the Kodiak and RV-14 don't have, I mean. 

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

I have the Black Square King Air, which I LOVE. I really like the analog gauges more than the all glass cockpits.

That said, what kind of flying would you pick a Bonanza or a Baron for that you wouldn't use a Kodiak, 414 Chancellor or Van's RV-14 (all of which I already own)? Aside from the analog gauges that the Kodiak and RV-14 don't have, I mean. 

I own those ones too lol!

The Kodi and the RV are glass cockpit....  so I'd pick the Bonanza/Baron analog anytime over almost any addon when that arrives.  I do like the WT glass but I prefer analog especially in VR.

Plus the way I see it I'm supporting all these devs - so they can make MOAR addons for us!!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I own those ones too lol!

The Kodi and the RV are glass cockpit....  so I'd pick the Bonanza/Baron analog anytime over almost any addon when that arrives.  I do like the WT glass but I prefer analog especially in VR.

Plus the way I see it I'm supporting all these devs - so they can make MOAR addons for us!!

What would make you fly one over the other? Range?

1 minute ago, mmcmah said:

What would make you fly one over the other? Range?

IRL?  I mean the Kodiak is amazing so I'd probably fly that - single, fiki certified, turboprop/reliable.  But it's kinda slow.  And glass is okay but can be hard to read the instruments sometimes.  But in the sim analog with a third party GPS just brings me joy!  I've only got a 27" 1440p so at times I prefer analog.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Into the Blue Simulations (one of my favourite MSFS YouTubers) posted a flight in the Bonanza:

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU