Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Analog Baron/Bo with failures coming!

5 hours ago, jon b said:

I’ll take the baron , I did my multi engine IR on one of those, they certainly shift.

I’d been waiting for this release for IFR work ,but as I now have the Cessna 414 which is so good I’ve sort of forgotten about it.

The one complaint I have with the 414   and a complaint I’ve had for years on many aircrafts is the rather granular movement of the RMI needles. Fly past a beacon and the needles jerk round the dial unrealistically in like 10 degree movements rather than smoothly rotating.

Are the needles on the existing black square king air nice and smooth?

The Analog King Air is not only a symphony of systems, everything works "just so". Being honest I wasn't a huge fan of Just Flight and took a chance on the Black Square releases. I can take or leave the Caravan but the King Air was worth every single penny. If these new releases are on par with it I'll be picking up both of them.

• Like 2

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

Baron will be $US32.99 .  You do need to have a minimum of Deluxe.

https://www.justflight.com/product/steam-gauge-overhaul-analog-baron

Radio navigation systems are available from several eras of the Baron’s history, so users can fly without GPS via a Bendix KNS-81 RNAV system or with the convenience of a Garmin GTN 750 (PMS50 or TDS). Other radio equipment includes KX-155 NAV/COM radios, GNS 530, GNS 430, KR 87 ADF, KDI 572 DME, GTX 327 transponder, KFC 150 autopilot and a Bendix RDR1150XL colour weather radar.

steam-gauge-overhaul-analog-baron_1_ss_m

steam-gauge-overhaul-analog-baron_9_ss_m

steam-gauge-overhaul-analog-baron_10_ss_

Black Square’s Analog Baron brings you a completely new interior, panel and systems with the default MSFS G58 Baron exterior model, including added winglets.

steam-gauge-overhaul-analog-baron_5_ss_m

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

Looking forward for Baron. Love Beechcraft best aircraft I ever flight IRL

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Thank goodness you get a winglet-less version. On an otherwise handsome aeroplane, they look bloody awful.

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 4

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I get the reaction to winglets, for some it's tip tanks that spoil those classic lines. Comes down to preference I guess. I don't mind them personally.

• Like 1

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD

1 hour ago, CapnCrunch said:

...Comes down to preference I guess. I don't mind them personally.

Exactly, so as they are switchable, I cant see how it can be a problem.  Personally I love the tip-tanks version, but I will probably fly all versions and buy both packages if the cost isn't too bad. 
I hope they will offer them both as a bundle like Just Flight have done in the past, at a slightly reduced cost.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Systems-realistic (I'm avoiding the term 'study-level'!) Bo and Ba .... these are going to sell like hot cakes in a rough Minnesota winter!

• Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

5 hours ago, Paul K said:

Thank goodness you get a winglet-less version. On an otherwise handsome aeroplane, they look bloody awful.

No way they look amazing.  A baron with winglets is almost as beautiful as a Duke with winglets!

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

No way they look amazing.

I agree - there is no way they look amazing.

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I agree - there is no way they look amazing.

Haha grammar isn't my forte.  I disagree with you!  They look so sexy.  All planes deserve winglets!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guys, I know he tweaks certain aspects of the default flight models...but I was just wondering (as it's been maybe a year since I've flown her) how she fliy's lately. Any serious known issues?

7 hours ago, Paul K said:

I just wanted to post the same, hell no for those ugly winglets....

• Like 2

I like Barons, but it's hard to imagine a better light twin in the sim than the 310... Looking forward to seeing what these guys do though.  Now the Bonanza... That I might need, especially if it's got a good panel for some good old slant alpha IFR work.

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

On 2/18/2023 at 9:14 AM, Stearmandriver said:

Now the Bonanza... That I might need, especially if it's got a good panel for some good old slant alpha IFR work.

Just occurred to me that I already have an analog gauge Bonanza in my hangar... the V35. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just occurred to me that I already have an analog gauge Bonanza in my hangar... the V35. 😉

With tear and wear, engine damage, and working circuit brakers ? 😉

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI