Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

1.31.18.0 Beta is out?

Just started and had an update available (I am in the beta).  It was a 5 gig update which completed quickly.  Unfortunately, the sim did not start successfully so I disabled my Community folder and it started up fine.  There are also substantial updates available via the content manager.

Once I get it all downloaded and installed, I'll try to figure out which addon is causing the issue.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

I'm doing the beta update right now. 

Darn it's crashing for me also. Tried twice to load and kicked to desktop both times. Let me know if you find out what in the community folder is causing the crashes.

Yep, it's funny. I started up my sim and everything was normal but I quickly remembered that I wanted to download a livery. So, I closed out the sim, did the download and everything and fired the sim back up. Not even three minutes later and it had the beta update. Anyone have a list of the improvements in this update?

10 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Darn it's crashing for me also. Tried twice to load and kicked to desktop both times. Let me know if you find out what in the community folder is causing the crashes.

Crashing for me too. And it does not let me rename community folder anymore. Have to move addons one by one.

10 minutes ago, ConairMSFS said:

Crashing for me too. And it does not let me rename community folder anymore. Have to move addons one by one.

Ya this really sux. 

Im not getting any crashes, but I just did a test flight and I got stutters on final, which I haven't had in a quite a long time. I did however just add two new liveries into my community folder, so those might be the culprit, at least -- hopefully. 

Ok, I turned off my community folder as well as all my addon linker links. That fixed the crashes.  Hope the offending addon or addons are identified quickly so we can move on with real testing. 

-B

They accidentally included the New Zealand World Update in the Content Manager (under uninstalled)

The TDS GTXi and FS Realistic are fine.  All my add-on airports & libraries are fine so far.  

Had an issue with one of my Flow addons (although Flow itself seems fine).  I also have an issue with one of my addon aircraft - isolating that now, but my C310, C414, Fenix, PMDG, Kodiak, flyingiron warbirds, milviz Corsair and Wilga are all OK.

• Like 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

AS much as I've enjoyed helping them test in the past, I'm very happy with my sim in its current state and had to do a full reinstall last time. While I'm aware it may happen, I'm at that point where I just don't have any interest anymore. I wish all of those well who are testing and look forward to an excellent official launch!

• Like 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

AIG + Live Traffic enabled is causing a crash when trying to load into an airport FYI making a bug report now

Currenting launching traffic controller to see if that also crashes the sim

Edit:

ok so it's just AIG+Live traffic causing a crash. TC injected traffic works fine

Edited by Tuskin38

They stuffed quite a lot of fixes into this one

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just now, Krakin said:

They stuffed quite a lot of fixes into this one

Yeah, every other Sim Update is going to be majority bug fixes now IIRC.

Edited by Tuskin38