Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

SU 12 BETA rollback

I wanted to know if it is possible to opt out of the MSFS beta AFTER I’ve already installed the latest SU12 beta?

I opt into the beta program for AAU1 and forgot to opt out. I normally fly the PMDG 737 and it’s having problems and I want to get out but I’m not sure what to expect, I already accidentally updated to SU12. 

I know technically I can opt out at any time but I don’t want to have reinstall everything and wanted to check in with guys first to see if any one has first hand experience  trying this. 

thanks 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

12 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I know technically I can opt out at any time but I don’t want to have reinstall everything and wanted to check in with guys first to see if any one has first hand experience  trying this. 

Without knowing your installation path it's impossible to guess what kind of problems you'll have. I have MSFS installed at "E:\MSFS" and last time I opted out of a beta (SU9 I think) I lost settings and a bunch of camera files which I copied back from backups I made.

Watch your install paths and good luck!

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I just read on Facebook that someone opted out and had to reinstall MSFS.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I just opted out (after macking a backup copy of the Community and Official folders, of course). I lost some settings (not all, funny). No big deal.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 1

You can BUT it can involve completely reinstalling MSFS.
If you do want to go down that route - make absolutely sure you move all the content out of you Community folder to somewhere outside the MSFS install location before doing it as the folder can get deleted as part of the reinstall and this way you can avoid having to reinstall everything in there as well as all of MSFS

Edited by Matchstick

32 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

Great, maybe its time to give this activity a break, i dont have time for this nonsense.

That is why I haven't volunteered for any beta program in years. Got tired of fixing things. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is why I haven't volunteered for any beta program in years. Got tired of fixing things. 

my apologies, I got lost with my last post. I lost all settings in my MSFS and thought its due to the beta being installed. It wasnt so my rant turned out to be misplaced. 😂

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I did it once awhile ago and like you regretted it - I don't think you can back out gracefully from Beta once you are in - I think you pretty much have to re install and setup back up again to be safe.   For me it just not worth the set of fixes - especially now with so many custom addons that likely will need updating for the new SU to work.    I will say thanks tho to those who go thru it and report issues - its much appreciated.   

1 minute ago, marcg11 said:

I did it once awhile ago and like you regretted it - I don't think you can back out gracefully from Beta once you are in - I think you pretty much have to re install and setup back up again to be safe.   For me it just not worth the set of fixes - especially now with so many custom addons that likely will need updating for the new SU to work.    I will say thanks tho to those who go thru it and report issues - its much appreciated.   

There is a great  of work  involved in beta testing, and some  people don't realize that until they start. 

Ok thanks for the replies guys, I think I’ll just live with being in the BETA for SU12. I do have my MSFS install on separate drive outside of windows and my comm folder is backup via a tool but I don’t want to risk a reinstall. 

chees 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Ok thanks for the replies guys, I think I’ll just live with being in the BETA for SU12. I do have my MSFS install on separate drive outside of windows and my comm folder is backup via a tool but I don’t want to risk a reinstall. 

chees 

Last time the 737 was broken in a beta, PMDG and WT / Asobo got together and fixed it in a few days, so you might just have to be patient for a while, that's all.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

For me MSFS was trouble free for months. Then the beta 12 came along and it wouldn't boot. So I was  forced to remove myself from the beta. I'll  stay removed from the BETA until  the New Zealand WU is installed and running. It only takes me 5 or 6 minutes to opt in or opt back out of the BETA and it goes smoothly. Probably because I use Steam where some issues are easier to deal with. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

It's a hit or miss, some do have issues others like me don't.  I've been part of beta a couple of times, decided to opt-out both times, I did not have any issues or lost any settings. In my case I have FS2020 on my E:\ drive.

When I opted out, I restarted my pc, launched MSFS, went through the process of "reverting back" installation and it finished without any problems. You have to make sure you point to your FS2020 drive/folder when asked, otherwise it will reinstall the whole sim to its default path/folder.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I opted out of the SU12 beta after it had started (but before I had run MSFS and pulled the new content). I found that the content in the C:\Users\<name>\Appdata folder structure was removed, but the rest of my install on a separate drive was OK. Also the MSFS icon in my start menu was gone.

I used the Xbox app to launch MSFS and it downloaded a 2.4GB 'update'. Then I was able to launch MSFS but had to point the install location back to my secondary drive. After that, it loaded fine, but I lost all of my settings bar the controller profiles. 

Mildly annoying, but I knew that it was a risk before I signed up for AAU1. To be honest I'll think twice before I opt back in to any future betas.

• Like 1

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg