Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

New SU 12 Beta Update [1.31.19.0] - February 27th, 2023

2 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Unfortunately, I skipped doing that, and deleting the scenery indexes as I usually do after installing the update last night.

I even have a powershell script to do all of it for me and I usually run it right after I install a new version. I just forgot to run it before flying this morning. That's probably what caused it.

Can you please explain in few steps; how and what to do for these clean ups ? (In order to check again) Thanks.

Scenery indeves, DX Shader Cache and etc.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

20 minutes ago, edpatino said:

So why they say it's an Aircraft and Avionics Update (AAU)??

Because in addition to the massive amount of work done on the instruments, they also tweaked flight models and enhanced some of the other systems.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Can you please explain in few steps; how and what to do for these clean ups ? (In order to check again) Thanks.

Scenery indeves, DX Shader Cache and etc.

Use Windows Explorer to delete all of the files from the 2 folders below (MS Store version)

• "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\"
  • "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache\" (Some of these are always in use so you won't be able to delete them all. It will delete the ones that aren't in use)

Press windows start key. type "Disk Cleanup". Run it. Then Select drive C and select clear DX shader cache.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Just now, MDFlier said:

Use Windows Explorer to delete all of the files from the 2 folders below (MS Store version)

• "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat"
  • "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache\*.*" (Some of these are always in use so you won't be able to delete them all. It will delete the ones that aren't in use)

Press windows start key. type "Disk Cleanup". Run it. Then Select drive C and select clear DX shader cache.

Thank you .

• Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

17 hours ago, AnkH said:

If "General Live Weather improvements" means that they use a higher res snow coverage dataset from meteoblue, I will be the most happy guy ever with SU12. But I guess not, otherwise they might have stated it more precise, no?

This was not a problem at launch and after. Its something that came in an update with all the frozen fjords and lakes. So i cant understand they not being able to fix it yet.

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

So why they say it's an Aircraft and Avionics Update (AAU)??

Oh whoops, because they've also altered flight dynamics.

39 minutes ago, Cyrex1984 said:

This was not a problem at launch and after. Its something that came in an update with all the frozen fjords and lakes. So i cant understand they not being able to fix it yet.

Live weather snow wasn't a thing at launch.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

• "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\"
  • "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache\" (Some of these are always in use so you won't be able to delete them all. It will delete the ones that aren't in use)

Where are they if you have Steam version?

Eric 

43 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Live weather snow wasn't a thing at launch.

Of course it was not, as snow coverage with live weather came later. But from the very first moment snow with live weather was implemented, the issue was present. But it took three attempts to get the question into a Q&A only to see the devs surprised about it. So much for testing their own product...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

32 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Where are they if you have Steam version?

SceneryIndexes can also be deleted using the AddonLinker. It's a hidden option in the ini file (linked from "Additional Options"):

FlightSimulator_LaunchDeleteSceneryIndexes=True

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

17 minutes ago, pmb said:

SceneryIndexes can also be deleted using the AddonLinker. It's a hidden option in the ini file (linked from "Additional Options"):

FlightSimulator_LaunchDeleteSceneryIndexes=True

Kind regards, Michael

Never noticed that. Thank you.

I use a short powershell script that I run from an icon on my desktop. It also cleans out old Simbrief flight plans (and PMDG .wx files) for me as well. Takes 0 seconds to run. 

Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat" | remove-item -force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\WX\*.wx" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans\*.rte" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work\WX\*.wx" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work\Flightplans\*.rte" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-ChildItem "E:\MSFS\MSFS\Saved Flights\????????_*.pln" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "E:\MSFS\MSFS\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\Data\FMS plans\*.fpl" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache\*.*" | Remove-Item -Force 2> $null

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

43 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Never noticed that. Thank you.

I use a short powershell script that I run from an icon on my desktop. It also cleans out old Simbrief flight plans (and PMDG .wx files) for me as well. Takes 0 seconds to run. 

Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat" | remove-item -force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\WX\*.wx" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-737\work\Flightplans\*.rte" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work\WX\*.wx" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\pmdg-aircraft-738\work\Flightplans\*.rte" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-ChildItem "E:\MSFS\MSFS\Saved Flights\????????_*.pln" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-Childitem "E:\MSFS\MSFS\Official\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-a310-300\Data\FMS plans\*.fpl" | Remove-Item -Force | Out-Null
Get-ChildItem "C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache\*.*" | Remove-Item -Force 2> $null

Ill take a copy of that when i get home thank you very much !!

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

3 hours ago, Krakin said:

Because in addition to the massive amount of work done on the instruments, they also tweaked flight models and enhanced some of the other systems.

For the TBM after the AAU1 release, I'm really still missing the Mugz mod too much!, but anyway...

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Oh whoops, because they've also altered flight dynamics.

To the point that I'm missing the Mugz mod very much!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

39 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Ill take a copy of that when i get home thank you very much !!

To get it to run as a shortcut, save those lines (remember to change the username, unless yours is also "Captain") to a file with the extension ".ps1". Then create a shortcut to that file somewhere. Right click the shortcut, and add "powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File " in front of the file name of the full path and filename of the script file (in double quotes).

The "Target" line in my shortcut looks as follows:

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File "E:\MSFS\MSFS Add Ons and SW\MSFS Utils\CleanMSFS.ps1"

I have multiple versions of Powershell installed, so I specify the full path to the "standard" one. You may not need or want to input the entire path in the shortcut.

Enjoy!

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Fielder said:

So I reinstalled the Waco YMF5 Carenado: msfs booted up.

Then I reinstalled C195 Carenado: would not boot. Had to move that C195 folder out of official and then msfs booted right up. 

On my system the Carenado C195 prevents MSFS loading with update BETA 11 or update BETA 12. The full update SU11 (not the BETA) did not have this issue. The best way to avoid all problems may be to stay out the BETAs.

I’m not in this beta, but I had the exact same issue in SU11 - in that it was the C195 causing problems and I never even touched the Waco.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir