Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

PuffinFlight "We Love VFR: Region 3" beta available now

A very well deserved Congratulations to PuffinFlight!    We Love VFR just went GLOBAL!

Posted by PuffinFlight,

Hey @everyone! I said it will be available on weekend... barely. Region 3 Beta is here » https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dqZTIbWVqyMgV8SbHPo1Rm1zAyZoopUl/view?usp=sharing

Please leave any feedback in 🚀-region-3-beta-feedback and data corrections in 🌏-region-3

Please do share your screenshots and link to the add-on wherever you want to, but don't reupload the add-on anywhere. I will upload it on popular add-on websites after open beta period is over. It will help to gather feedback just in one place.

Hope you'll like it. And I know the data for Region 3 is far from perfect, but I did everything I could to make it as good as possible. I hope to release some tutorials on how to edit OpenStreetMap data to help with objects in MSFS soon.

Have fun! We've just went GLOBAL. Yay!

Map.jpg?width=2100&height=1182

• Like 23
  • Upvote 2

Is it actually available for download? If so, can you supply a link for download?

Thanks

37 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Is it actually available for download? If so, can you supply a link for download?

Thanks

The download link is in the quoted text 😉

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Yup, it's here » https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dqZTIbWVqyMgV8SbHPo1Rm1zAyZoopUl/view?usp=sharing 

I didn't upload it to any add-on site as it is an open beta and I had no time to properly test it.

I think in a week or two there will be a normal release. If you have any issues or suggestions just drop a feedback at my discord » https://discord.gg/mVqJ6qXac9 

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Thanks Puffin (and Waldo for posting).  Really looking forward to downloading this one later as I've been flying in Australia and New Zealand lately.  The NZ update is excellent and welovevfr 3 is sure to add that bit extra.

Can you suggest any highlights your mod will add to AU and NZ to keep an eye out for?

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

19 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Thanks Puffin (and Waldo for posting).  Really looking forward to downloading this one later as I've been flying in Australia and New Zealand lately.  The NZ update is excellent and welovevfr 3 is sure to add that bit extra.

Can you suggest any highlights your mod will add to AU and NZ to keep an eye out for?

TBH, not really. While testing I usually visit very random places so can't pinpoint any specifics. Perth refinery might be quite cool, but after next update as I will tweak data for it. There is also a refinery at -38.2272, 147.1697 which I have to check out as it may have nice flaming stacks. Oh I know. Latrobe Valley Airport YLTV might be interesting as it has 2 big power plants on either side. And Naval Communication Station Harold E. Holt -21.8213, 114.1663 have some tall transmitters.

This region also includes the tallest smokestack in the World. Gres-2 located in Kazakhstan 52.0221, 75.4759

17 minutes ago, Paul K said:

What does Puffin actually do ?

Currently unemployed, working on MSFS add-ons instead of something reasonable... oh, you meant what my add-ons do. Right.

They add hundred thousands of mobile, tv, and radio towers and masts, smoke stacks, sat dishes and radio telescopes, radar domes, cooling towers, mountain peak and other large crosses and construction cranes. It's basically extended autogen without using autogen SDK as it is not available. Data for these objects is mainly taken from OpenStreetMaps, but also various other sources like AIPs, wiki, and other national sources. Adding to that thousands of tall objects, dishes, radar domes and cooling towers are manually verified.

• Like 26
  • Upvote 2

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if ever there was a mod that should be made default in the Sim then it's this one, as long as Puffin gets compensated with credits for all his hard work of course!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if ever there was a mod that should be made default in the Sim then it's this one,

Agree, it really helps bring the sim to life. Not only for VFR flying either.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I have a region 2 DVD player - can I still use this?  :sad:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again, if ever there was a mod that should be made default in the Sim then it's this one, as long as Puffin gets compensated with credits for all his hard work of course!

I tried, but it went nowhere. Even before talks about any compensation. Maybe I should try again having global coverage now.

9 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

You can. Unless, you're from New Zealand, then no. It's not a real country anyway 😛

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I'm still hoping to get it on Betamax 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

There is a hack on Weibo.

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam