Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

KPHX By BMWorld & AmSim RELEASED

On 3/12/2023 at 8:57 PM, SP2472 said:

I agree, this scenery is of excellent quality...I'm sure Mir of Flightbeam is not happy about this release.

Darryl

hopefully BMWorld releases KSFO next since FB doesn't seem to be interested

21 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

hopefully BMWorld releases KSFO next since FB doesn't seem to be interested

FB is working on KSFO...

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

FB is working on KSFO...

you would never be able to tell...no updates, no teasers/screenshots. forums gone....of all the handcrafted airports in MSFS, KSFO has to be the worst one in my opinion. I would say KSFO is the flagship scenery for FB and I wouldn't hold my breath on it being released in 2023

20 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

you would never be able to tell...no updates, no teasers/screenshots. forums gone....of all the handcrafted airports in MSFS, KSFO has to be the worst one in my opinion. I would say KSFO is the flagship scenery for FB and I wouldn't hold my breath on it being released in 2023

Last update I saw was an email from FlightBeam in Sept '22 with previews of SFO.  No ETA but I do think it is the next planned release.  He also just did a nice update to KDEN. Not sure what happened to the forums..??

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

My setup is a 9900k + 3060Ti w/ 32GB ram. This scenery is extremely heavy on the CPU, with performance dropping significantly while using CPU heavy airplanes such as the Fenix. The average frame rate I experience is between 30 to 40 fps, with noticeable stuttering when moving around the cockpit. The stuttering worsens when facing the parking lot near the AAL/SWA terminals. I am curious if anyone has found a solution to improve the performance. If not, the developers need to optimize the scenery. Regrettably, the quality of this scenery is not as impressive as that of the FlightBeam PDX/DEN or FlyTampa BOS, which manages to deliver better performance with much better visuals.

51 minutes ago, simchronicles said:

My setup is a 9900k + 3060Ti w/ 32GB ram. This scenery is extremely heavy on the CPU, with performance dropping significantly while using CPU heavy airplanes such as the Fenix. The average frame rate I experience is between 30 to 40 fps, with noticeable stuttering when moving around the cockpit. The stuttering worsens when facing the parking lot near the AAL/SWA terminals. I am curious if anyone has found a solution to improve the performance. If not, the developers need to optimize the scenery. Regrettably, the quality of this scenery is not as impressive as that of the FlightBeam PDX/DEN or FlyTampa BOS, which manages to deliver better performance with much better visuals.

Edit: High GPU usage, not CPU. 

Is anyone getting Shimmering on the buildings and Skytrain tracks?  It's really bad for me and the only airport that it happens.   Dev is denying it is his issue.

17 minutes ago, Coops said:

Is anyone getting Shimmering on the buildings and Skytrain tracks?  It's really bad for me and the only airport that it happens.   Dev is denying it is his issue.

Are you running GSX by any chance? I know V1 Sim thought some of his shimmering, at least on jetways, was a GSX issue.

20 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

Are you running GSX by any chance? I know V1 Sim thought some of his shimmering, at least on jetways, was a GSX issue.

Nope.  Building and track are shimmering pretty bad for me at this airport

51 minutes ago, Coops said:

Yep. All buildings and jet bridges shimmering very bad. I have all the fly Tampa, ini builds, Latin vfr airports and this is the only airport that shimmers. And not just minor shimmers. Very significant shimmering.

3 hours ago, simchronicles said:

I have a 7700K/1080Ti and even though FB and DF sceneries run well on my rig, this one doesn't so I uninstalled it and now wait for FB....

• Like 1

No performance issues here but I do experience shimmering. It’s definitely not just your setup.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

4 hours ago, SetSpeed said:

Yep. All buildings and jet bridges shimmering very bad. I have all the fly Tampa, ini builds, Latin vfr airports and this is the only airport that shimmers. And not just minor shimmers. Very significant shimmering.

This is not a new problem. Just switch TAA to DLSS.  TAA carries its own issues, such as ghosting where a previous sample carries over to a new frame

btw, I got this airport free with BMW subscription : you only pay once lifetime for a subscription to his airports as they are created and released. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.