Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

Sim Update 12 beta (1.31.22.0) Now availble

1 hour ago, ega said:

I had also problems with the PMDG´s B737 parking brake. I later found out that my brakes pedals were not 100% because I had a extremely dead zone of 5% - check this on your settings since it might be the culprit!  

Are you on the beta?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, ega said:

I had also problems with the PMDG´s B737 parking brake. I later found out that my brakes pedals were not 100% because I had a extremely dead zone of 5% - check this on your settings since it might be the culprit!  

Apparently it works when your brake pedals are adjusted to reach 100%, but when you use "light" controls and just assign a button for the brakes, it stopped working in SU12 Beta, and to my knowledge, there's no way to change the force applied when using a button/key. 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Seems smooth enough for for me; with i711700k@5GHz, 32Gb 3Mb RAM, GTX1080Ti @2k. 40 on the ground at LIMC with FSLTL traffic 30% and LOD220.

Occasional stutters, but thankfully rare. Only thing I noticed which is a bit different now is the sudden changes in live weather and cloud cover sometimes. 

I’m getting the one second stutters as well. I’m on a brand new 7950x3d build with a rtx 3080 at 4k and 32GB of RAM. I don’t know if any of that matters. I notice that the stutters are only noticeable at heavy airports like the newer KEWR by the polish people or latinvfr’s KMIA. 

To be more clear, my dev mode fps counter is showing the one second interval spikes but they don’t get bad enough to cause stutters until I’m at heavier airports.

I have been on the SU12 beta the entire time since its availability. I never noticed any stutters with my old 8700k build.

Edited by ahsmatt7

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

43 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Seems smooth enough for for me; with i711700k@5GHz, 32Gb 3Mb RAM, GTX1080Ti @2k. 40 on the ground at LIMC with FSLTL traffic 30% and LOD220.

Occasional stutters, but thankfully rare. Only thing I noticed which is a bit different now is the sudden changes in live weather and cloud cover sometimes. 

Yes.  They are supposed to have fixed this.  I get this occasionally, and also an approximately 5 second single one-off pause shortly after loading the scenario (introduced with SU11 I think, and some YouTubers have it).  Other than that, all good though!

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

Apparently it works when your brake pedals are adjusted to reach 100%, but when you use "light" controls and just assign a button for the brakes, it stopped working in SU12 Beta, and to my knowledge, there's no way to change the force applied when using a button/key. 

I don't understand why we cannot have this simple option of "disabling realistic parking brake". Just add that to the FMC like many other simulation settings are and let users decide if they want it or not. I switched to another joystick now and it's fine for me, but for months I struggled with this because I had to use a button and the parking brake just wouldn't engage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pstrub said:

No it doesn't work, I have have the Saitek rudder, PMDG said it's somthing to do with the way the brakes apply in the 737, Asobo changed something two beta updates back. PMDG also said they would not look at it untill UD12 is released to all.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

4 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

No it doesn't work, I have have the Saitek rudder, PMDG said it's somthing to do with the way the brakes apply in the 737, Asobo changed something two beta updates back. PMDG also said they would not look at it untill UD12 is released to all.

That's why I wrote "your" brake pedals when quoting @ega 😉 I'm sure others still have the issue, and I still can't use the parking brakes properly in the 737. But I don't have pedals, I just use my joystick button.

Ok, makes sense not to release a fix before SU12 is released, otherwise it might break again or for those who aren't in the beta program.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

12 minutes ago, fgiraudo said:

I don't understand why we cannot have this simple option of "disabling realistic parking brake". Just add that to the FMC like many other simulation settings are and let users decide if they want it or not. I switched to another joystick now and it's fine for me, but for months I struggled with this because I had to use a button and the parking brake just wouldn't engage.

Would be nice for people using a button for the brakes. The default key assignment for the parking brake is left-ctrl plus comma/period on the numeric keypad, which inevitably requires the use of both hands. No chance to push my joystick button at the same time, so I activate it with the assigned button for the brakes plus mouse click in the cockpit. 

I could change the assignment, but it works for all other planes and I've grown used to it. And who knows what else might break if I use a different key for the parking brake 😂

Sure there are ways for me to improve it, but honestly I'd happily disable the realistic parking brake if I had the option!

By the way, I have the impression that many 3rd party aircraft load a lot faster now when loaded for the first time, like after an update or after cleaning the .dll cache in the Packages folder.

Seems like the WASM compile times have been improved significantly, I'm down to just above 1 minute for the PMDG 737, CRJ and FBW A320, when previously it took them 5-10 minutes to compile after an update (of the aircraft or the sim).

I'm not sure though when this happened. Maybe it's been around since the first SU12 beta release, but I think it wasn't like this with SU11. Haven't flown much recently, so I can't tell for sure.

• Like 1

For anyone on the beta, I noticed I was getting noticeable spikes very regularly every second and the culprit was the Flow addon. I disabled it for now and it's smooth again. Just a thought...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, micstatic said:

Which driver version are you using?

I rolled back to 528.49. I should mention that I'm not on the SU12 beta right now.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I've been notified of an issue where water exclusion polygons are no longer functioning in Beta 12, which is all of what I do.  I've now verified this myself within the latest beta.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/water-exclusion-polygons-stopped-working-in-1-31-18-0-and-are-still-broken-in-1-31-22-0/577738/21

Edited by mistercoffee1
verified within beta

What upsets me most is not the fact that none of my maps work, but that I can't even get my co-pilot in First Officer Next to disengage the parking brake when he needs to.

He just sits there and ignores the request like HAL 9000.