Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

FSX Acceleration - Preview on Gamespot

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the link. Looks like this could be a lot of fun by adding some new experiences to the sim.

"Microsoft says that FSX is the fastest-selling version of Flight Simulator in the 25-year history of the series." ..I must say I am very surprised.

>"Microsoft says that FSX is the fastest-selling version of>Flight Simulator in the 25-year history of the series." ..I>must say I am very surprised. Well I suppose they have the information and we don't.

Oh yea! Some of that scenery is drop dead gorgeous.Looks like I'm gonna have to learn to fly a chopper.

>"Microsoft says that FSX is the fastest-selling version of>Flight Simulator in the 25-year history of the series." ..I>must say I am very surprised. Well since we're surprised, that probably means they are the type of users that are not here (by "here" I mean on the popular FS sites). In other words they are probably newbies to MS flight sim and that does meet one of Microsoft's goals with FSX -- to expand the FS user base.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

The more I read about it the more interested I'm becoming, especially cross country racing and carrier landings. Sounds like some interestingly fun times, add to that some fixes and hopefully, all fingers crossed, another performance gain from DX10 and I'll be happy.Thanks for the link.Ian.

Thats good news. It would increase the chances that there will be a next version of FS. Other than performance issues, are there any features that are left our for microsoft to incorporate in FS11? Just improving current features will not be enough to create incentive for people to upgrade. Would it? For example, Can Microsoft market FS11 for having better ATC and improved flight handling? Those alone are not good enough reasons for majority of users (i.e. non hardcores) to upgrade. Are they?

> "Microsoft says that FSX is the fastest-selling version of Flight Simulator > in the 25-year history of the series."Just more marketing B.S. from the cronies at MS. Who would believe any of that.

Talk about hype! I especially loved the part where they brag about the great frame rates on older computers. Yeah right.

I am too, but I worry (A TON) about the performance issues when air racing.... Just doing precision aerobatics in the Extra is hard to do unless you turn off autogen and fly away from larger cities ARGH!But yeah, I'm excited for a nice F18 model and the EH101 helicopter...I like that USCG livery too ;)