Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

More with the Clipper

Heading out from S60, one of the seaplane strips supplied with the Clipper. Now that I've gotten used to getting it into the air (thanks @Scorpio47) I can see some useful exploring/posing ahead.
qAzhhbP.jpg

08INiVB.jpg

vkdEieR.jpg

WO2mEqz.jpg

Seattle in the background, planning to head up towards Vancouver
Xiw6oZ5.jpg

vY1Wydj.jpg

OTANHIN.jpg

quSm6WS.jpg

KvTa4BP.jpg

This thing is a bit slow though, and I didn't have time to push on to CYVR (another time), so just put it down after about 20 minutes
h2uoejL.jpg

Powered down and anchored
gJsQUWc.jpg

Time to have a look round the aircraft
4sKVCAT.jpg

7adDwAV.jpg

3Lqk7KX.jpg

I like the look of the interior
WSS5vYU.jpg

And then I thought - "I wonder . . ."
4QGKSYq.jpg

And yep, the wing passages are modelled!
QtR5Ed8.jpg

Even with an extinguisher
ME1gJSA.jpg

UWuvffh.jpg

1rbV36M.jpg

This is with the update (1.1). Hesitated about buying it, but really glad I did. Lovely thing, for my purposes - visuals - at least. Can't comment on the techical aspects of the flying etc.

• Like 10

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Cool shots Andy.  I would;d have loved to have travelled like this back then.

• Like 4

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Agreed! A proper spacious dining room, full beds for the people travelling, in some ways this even surpasses what is available today.

Jerome

• Like 2

A gorgeous big bird, Andy and you travel in a very scenic area.

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Big aircraft, isn't it? Nice shots

All my FSX/P3D repaints are here on Avsim, for my MSFS repaints, go to FS.2

VERY nice shots, Andy! Thank you for these "insights" so to speak  🙂

📷

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

Fine set of shots Andy !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Cheers Jack, and oh yes. When I think of all the cattle class trips I made over my 15 years or so as an instructor, doing it all in one of these would have been rather splendid (if a lot lengthier)

15 hours ago, John F said:

Fascinating interior views!

13 hours ago, PILOT'S said:

Agreed! A proper spacious dining room, full beds for the people travelling, in some ways this even surpasses what is available today.

Jerome

Thanks John, Jerome. The interior is pretty interesting, and I may yet 'shop Clark Gable and/or Mae West onto an interior shot or two. Could be even more luxurious in the sim though, maybe in a future update? (nudge, nudge, hint, hint, Jerome)

13 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Very nice shots Andy! 😉 

3 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

A gorgeous big bird, Andy and you travel in a very scenic area.

2 hours ago, jankees said:

Big aircraft, isn't it? Nice shots

1 hour ago, Scorpio47 said:

VERY nice shots, Andy! Thank you for these "insights" so to speak  🙂

28 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Fine set of shots Andy !

Will, Bernd, Jan, Juergen and PMP - thank you all. It's actually difficult to take a bad shot of this beast. She's a looker, for sure.

• Like 3

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Just out of curiosity, Andy: how did you manage to make those close up pictures showing the inside of the wings? 🙈

Edited by Scorpio47

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

1 hour ago, Scorpio47 said:

Just out of curiosity, Andy: how did you manage to make those close up pictures showing the inside of the wings? 🙈

Hi Juergen, I use the drone camera for all those internal or close-up views. I've no idea if the access doors to the wing walkways are clickable or if they open, but with the drone you can just "push through" most surfaces, which is what I did here. I set the drone up very early on in my MSFS days (so I can't remember much about how I did it now!), and have it all mapped to an X-Box type controller, which makes it easy to move around with it, plus of course you can zoom in/out.

Doesn't always work. There is obviously something the devs can do (with scenery, certainly, not sure about aircraft) to make surfaces impenetrable. Had a scene in a recent set of shots where you could see some wonderful interiors in a ranch, but I couldn't get the drone inside. If I approached the wall I just got pushed up onto the roof. Shame, I would have gotten some nice shots apparently lying in a bathtub looking out through a picture window to my aircraft in the middle distance over a rather nice bit of scenery.

It's why I love MSFS. I'll do a flight and record it - clear skies, mid-day, nothing fancy settings wise. While I'm flying I mostly stay in the cockpit and sort of concentrate on where I'm going and what I'm doing (but not any kind of simulated piloting - I don't do buttons or gauges if possible <grin>). When the flight is done I can then use the replay as the basis for making a video, screenies etc. I can mess with the weather, time of day, all that stuff. Pause the replay if I see anywhere that looks interesting and go off in the drone to explore, etc.

I dread to think how many screenies and MP4s I've got sitting around on my system nowadays - a couple of hundred GB's worth certainly. Didn't get in to flightsim until FSX had died (never saw the point in the old days - a wire frame world? no thanks), but have got screenies going back to FSX, through P3D v2-5, XP10-11 and now (and in far greater numbers) MSFS and a few XP12. MSFS is real enough that a lot of the pix are as good as holiday snaps. Plus, I get to go back and see lots of places I visited for work but never got a record of.

Wild horses couldn't drag me back in to a real airport nowadays, but you can't keep me out of them on my desktop.

9 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Thanks John, Jerome. The interior is pretty interesting, and I may yet 'shop Clark Gable and/or Mae West onto an interior shot or two. Could be even more luxurious in the sim though, maybe in a future update? (nudge, nudge, hint, hint, Jerome)

Hello Andy

Can I draw your attention to this thread please:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/631939-pilots-b314-v110-released/?tab=comments#comment-4938883

which explains in some depth why there is no detailed passenger cabin in the Prepar3D version and why there will be no detailed passenger cabin in the MSFS version either. It's currently the last post in that thread but I don't know how long that will last.

Actually, maybe I should separate out that post and sticky it. Good idea Number 1 😄

-Dai

Edited by dragonflightdesign

10 hours ago, dragonflightdesign said:

explains in some depth why there is no detailed passenger cabin

Hi Dai,

no worries. I can see how that works. Don't know if you know about this book - https://www.amazon.co.uk/LAST-FLYING-CLIPPERS-Schiffer-Military/dp/076430562X/ref=sr_1_1?crid=37X2YW9LNDXF8&keywords=last+of+the+flying+clippers&qid=1679309157&sprefix=last%20of%20the%20flying%20clippers%2Caps%2C80&sr=8-1

It does have a chapter on the interior, got a few b/w pix in there. I have a copy and could photo those pages for you if you're interested. Not in a "get on and do me an interior!" kind of way, but just for your own interest,

cheers,

Andy