Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

Austin told me the anti-aliasing is not broken

48 minutes ago, Skylon5000 said:

that with DLSS and not with TAA.

DLSS also does it, because it interpolates frames which causes motion blur, fixing that probably the most important part of FSR3 presentation by AMD

TAA does it on purpose, because it is the only way to "add" pixels that would otherwise stand out.

Framerate also plays a part, the ghosting is over like 4 or 5 frames, if you are running at 270fps

f1-22-2560-x-1440-ultra-high.svgz

you probably wont even see it in a screenshot (which less be honest is the ideal - "nothing out of place to see").

102fps it will cover half the screen like in that Train sim video I posted above.

30 fps and everything will be a blurry hell mess.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

The big question is, how does TAA interact with VSync, because i´m playing F1 2021 with 60FPS and VSync On. I have a RTX3090 and the FPS are ever solid 60FPS. There is no ghosting as i said. But what i see is, that the TAA in MSFS is better. In F1 is see sometimes little shimmering (But lights years from X-Plane) on the line from the tracks.

FSX Computer: I7-980X @4GHZ - Kingston DDR3 1066MHZ (7-7-7-20) - Gainwaird GTX285 1GB - 2x Raptor 150GB (1. Generation)

18 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

That is exactly what i´m seeing.

FSX Computer: I7-980X @4GHZ - Kingston DDR3 1066MHZ (7-7-7-20) - Gainwaird GTX285 1GB - 2x Raptor 150GB (1. Generation)

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The trees in XP12 are sharp with some shimmer, in MSFS they are smudged and blurry.  Take your pick - mine is sharpness.

Already done: XP11 with my addons.

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

Maybe this one is interesting for people who are complaining about blurriness. I don't use that myself because i´m happy how it is. But the person in the post uses TAA and a Luma sharpener. You can already do an insane amount. But if X-Plane doesn't offer modern techniques, we can't play around with all the things which are in the world.

https://tweakguides.pcgamingwiki.com/Fallout4_1.html

And second. What i do not know. Is Vulkan able to handle motion vector? And what is about the mac users? Will they have benefit about all this?

Edited by Skylon5000

21 hours ago, Murmur said:

Find all "hdr/use_post_aa 0" and change them to "hdr/use_post_aa 1", except the first one (leave it at 0). This way, FXAA will be added to any MSAA setting.

You, my friend, have made my day.  This makes the sim look much better to my eyes!

Thanks so much!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chunk said:

You, my friend, have made my day.  This makes the sim look much better to my eyes!

Thanks so much!

+1 good find...

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Those settings unfortunately do this:

ok05drm.png

It's a known issue with MSAA that they haven't fixed.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

On 4/12/2023 at 4:23 AM, bogdansrb said:

Those settings unfortunately do this:

ok05drm.png

It's a known issue with MSAA that they haven't fixed.

This is a known issue????

I find that impossible to believe.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GoranM said:

This is a known issue????

I find that impossible to believe.

Happens to me also at 2xmsaa.

Not sure where from but I understood it is a known issue.

Mick

47 minutes ago, mickatmian said:

Happens to me also at 2xmsaa.

Not sure where from but I understood it is a known issue.

Mick

I’m in the Laminar slack group. There is absolutely no mention of it. If it’s a known issue, it must be an isolated issue, because no one has brought it up. 

9 hours ago, GoranM said:

I’m in the Laminar slack group. There is absolutely no mention of it. If it’s a known issue, it must be an isolated issue, because no one has brought it up. 

There was a big dicsussion on the org forum. If I remember correctly, it was only related to AMD cards.

What does mean slack group? Do you have another word for it? I´m not an english nativ speaker.