Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

SU12 Tomorrow

Question for Beta testers... what about AI improvement ?

I didn't read enthusiasm or complaints, however it seems to be a substantially modified part. 

Edited by fra147
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, pmb said:

There has been a toolbar-related VR regression in the SU12 beta (all 3rd party moving maps apps, including payware, are displayed in an extreme resolution rendering them unusable). This has been reported by me and others very early on and acknowledged by CM Jayne Reynolds and said to be "slated for a future update" later.

It's not been amended as of today, so either the amendment will be released untested (which begs the danger of incurring another regression) or it will not be included into SU12. 

I fly under VR exclusively and none of my payware toolbar apps like FSKneeboard, Sky4SimNG, etc will be usable for the next months.

Mildly stated this would be remarkable. Badly stated it would be word not allowed.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm getting my keyboard ready, the utter fiasco of SU7 VR toolbar issues needs not be repeated....!

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

With every update, people expect something exceptional like a new simulator...

• Like 10

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

6 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

Here we go again!!!

How so?
It is known from the beginning that ATC enhancements would not be part of this update.
Also, there was a report of hiring someone for that part so MS/Asobo is committed to do something about it.
Have patience, it's only 2.5 years old. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I'm getting my keyboard ready, the utter fiasco of SU7 VR toolbar issues needs not be repeated....!

I'll certainly join you, preferred on the official forum. Would be good, if you have a couple of those continuous replacements of one VR toolbar regreession for another one at hand. I recall them in general but didn't document them.

Tomorrow will be the next Q&A. There might be a slight chance to place a question, but accidentally the time frame between SU12 release and that Q&A is so small that it may be hard to be heard. 

While I have deep respect for the coders of MSFS in general, the VR toolbar seems to be handled by interns.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The lack of quality control on the updates has been a constant theme concerning the regressions.  They just can't seem to get on top of it. 
We had the issues with the Carenado's crashing again initially with SU12 beta, just like we did with SU11 beta initially.  :rolleyes:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

23 minutes ago, pmb said:

I'll certainly join you, preferred on the official forum. Would be good, if you have a couple of those continuous replacements of one VR toolbar regreession for another one at hand. I recall them in general but didn't document them.

Tomorrow will be the next Q&A. There might be a slight chance to place a question, but accidentally the time frame between SU12 release and that Q&A is so small that it may be hard to be heard. 

While I have deep respect for the coders of MSFS in general, the VR toolbar seems to be handled by interns.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm yet to do the research but the threads are easily obtainable, I'll let you post on the official forum as I don't post there, besides as I said elsewhere the only way to get the point across is a direct email to Jorg as clearly other means are not working.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

6 hours ago, fra147 said:

Question for Beta testers... what about AI improvement ?

I didn't read enthusiasm or complaints, however it seems to be a substantially modified part. 

From official forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-traffic-works-so-well-that-we-now-need-actual-atc/580153

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Hello everyone,

Please note the day and time for the March Developer Livestream has been moved. The new time is:

Wednesday, March 22nd at 9:30am PT (  Tomorrow 5:30 PM )

As always, you can watch the panel of Jorg, Seb, Martial, Jayne, and special guests on our official Twitch channel.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

We had the issues with the Carenado's crashing again initially with SU12 beta, just like we did with SU11 beta initially.  :rolleyes:

I think a big problem there is that MS/Asobo are refusing to treat MSFS as an official platform for third party aircraft and do the testing that requires for each update.

In previous versions of MSFS they could just about get away with not caring how third party aircraft were effected by a change but when MS are selling planes directly within the sim that's not an option any more.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 2

Just forced Steam to restart and SU12 update has begun! 2.10 GB

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog