Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

SU12 is LIVE

2 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

What's the verdict on the turbulence slider?  Low or realistic?

sp

inbetween

• Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Low for me. I think it depends on what aircraft you are flying. The WBSim C172 was getting thrown around like a cork in a bottle every time  I flew over a hill or mountain. Now its a lot better. But larger planes seem less effected. I am really happy with the turbulence now. Start on low and see how you go. Go to medium if you want more .

Edited by petejohno1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, pmb said:

Unfortunately, the mention of CM Jummivana to bring it to her attention for tomorow's Q&A was removed by a mod.

Not amused, but what can we poor plain users do.

Kind regards, Michael

Yep their rules about not tagging mods is pathetic, nice post regardless.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Another small thing that I just realised was fixed in SU12:
The Frame Generation setting is no longer greyed out in the UI, so no need for the usercfg.opt edit hack any longer 🙂

I think it speak volumes about the quality of this SU that some 2 to 3 pages worth of posts are about the new Turbulence setting.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Lots of buzz about the weather. Not sure how much of it is placebo. I did four flights last night and the clouds were mediocre every time. So I’m claiming that the weather is much worse than SU11 (in reality, I’m sure it’s just that I flew in 4 different parts of the world that happened to have boring live weather - it’s a sample size issue!)

From what I could see in the release notes, the weather developments were mainly in terms of fixing situations in which clouds did not display. So if your weather was already working well, I’m not sure that there’s much of a change?

I know some people hate the weather and clouds, but I’ve always thought they were great, those clouds are one of my favourite parts of the sim.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

6 hours ago, turbomax said:

you took the words out of my mouth. I was about to give up flight simulation in 2019, got bored (P3D & x-plane) with the limited graphics and lack of avionics that we now take for granted in MSFS. and then, poof, out of nowhere came MSFS and that changed everything. Now I spend more time in the cockpit than with any other sim ever before. I suggest everybody try VR at least once. it is a whole different experience that can not be described with words. it requires the best possible great graphics and superb 3D modelling, only MSFS delivers all of that for me.

yes I admit, I am an addict.

Ah, but people need to try it more than once, because it takes quite a while for the brain to adjust. I remember the first time I tried it I thought it was just a novelty.

‘There’s nothing better than cruising along in VR looking out the windows at some MSFS clouds. 

• Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

12 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am using the one I downloaded a couple of weeks ago, works perfectly. 

I just open up the FBW installer and run it from there, you;’ve always got access to the latest normal and beta versions.

I used the SU11 stable version with SU12 last night (1.36 I think), and it worked fine.

But the recommendation is that we all should be on 1.40 now, 

‘Fantastic bit of software by the way, I’m running it with the JustFlight models having priority, which is a decent combination.

Oz

21 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Lots of buzz about the weather. Not sure how much of it is placebo. I did four flights last night and the clouds were mediocre every time. So I’m claiming that the weather is much worse than SU11 (in reality, I’m sure it’s just that I flew in 4 different parts of the world that happened to have boring live weather - it’s a sample size issue!)

From what I could see in the release notes, the weather developments were mainly in terms of fixing situations in which clouds did not display. So if your weather was already working well, I’m not sure that there’s much of a change?

I know some people hate the weather and clouds, but I’ve always thought they were great, those clouds are one of my favourite parts of the sim.

It's a sort of known issue amongst some users that when the servers get hammered the clouds are graphically worse, I've noticed it a few times.

From what I saw last night it's  predominantly the same Cumulonimbus fluffy clouds, like it's been since SU7, so no change there.

• Upvote 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

This sim update is another winner. Will be experimenting with the new turbulence slider.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, banjoman1960 said:

i can not even start a flight now,ctd every time after loading and lost conection...

if you restart the sim after a CTD, the sim will ask you to disable all addons. If the sim starts normally after that, then you have your answer.

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

if you restart the sim after a CTD, the sim will ask you to disable all addons. If the sim starts normally after that, then you have your answer.

oh,sorry i did this way,so no addons i get this, error if i clic ready to fly after loading to airport............worst update or servers ever for me,after update yesterday not 5 minutes a working Sim

Edited by banjoman1960

Ralf Scholten EDDL

whats does  the  event  viewer  say  it  will tell  you  what  was  the  cause  of  the  ctd,  steam  or  store  version of  msfs

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg