Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Heads up to my fellow DLSS Swapper Guinea Pigs

Just to let you know, DLSS 3.1.1 v2 seems to work fine so far with SU12, both on DX11 and DX12

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

So before I fork out for a 400 series card do you still get blurred glass cockpit scrolling numbers with DLSS 3?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

So before I fork out for a 400 series card do you still get blurred glass cockpit scrolling numbers with DLSS 3?

Following.

I just can’t seem to fork out $2200 CAN for a 4090 when I have a 3080ti. 

• Like 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

15 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Just to let you know, DLSS 3.1.1 v2 seems to work fine so far with SU12, both on DX11 and DX12

is that something separate needs to be downloaded and installed (from where)? or is it part of SU12?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

4 minutes ago, penta_a said:

is that something separate needs to be downloaded and installed (from where)? or is it part of SU12?

Its a third party tool to update DLLS versions in games, when developers may be tardy doing so. Occasionally there may be useful improvements.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-releases-dlss-super-resolution-sdk-update-shows-42-gpu-time-improvement-in-cp-2077-overdrive-with-ser/

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Does this improved DLSS work in VR?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

15 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

Yes, its just DLSS as usual, just the latest version (Optimizations, bugfixes, etc) that might take a few months to be updated by individual developers.

MSFS is currently using version 2-something where the latest version is 3-something

Updated MSFS:

y0MJzI.jpg

aLvSpT.jpg

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 1

Devons rig

Thanks for sharing. I currently only use Frame Generation on my 4080. Interesting to test if this does make a noticeable fps improvement.

30 minutes ago, FlyIce said:

It does and quite well I might add.
I just setup a takeoff scenario at LAX in the Fenix 320 (it's windy and wet today) and am happy to report that with sharpening at 150% (in sim) I was able to see much clearer screens with the Quality setting while still achieving smooth frames and perf. 

• Like 2

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

39 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

I just setup a takeoff scenario at LAX in the Fenix 320 (it's windy and wet today) and am happy to report that with sharpening at 150% (in sim) I was able to see much clearer screens with the Quality setting while still achieving smooth frames and perf. 

Though as I'm sure we are all aware by, now, other peoples milage may vary.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

I've been aware of this for a while but loathe to try it as msfs is running very well for me at this moment in time.

Does this have benefits for 3 series as well as 4 series cards?  

I would be interested to hear what benefits non VR users are seeing and which versions they prefer.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Yes, I would like to know also... any benefits for 3 series cards.  Or in other words, is DLSS 2 optimised better as well?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Yes, you do. The only advantage is that will make the scene look smothered in motion. I don't see that 3x or 4x performance they claim about. I recently upgraded from I9 12900 K to 13900 K, from 3090 to 4090 on a 4 K 53" monitor and no such thing as 3 x 4 times, the only visible change on both cards is blurriness when DLSS is turned on. I don't know what will do on a non 4K monitor. I think that MSFS is not optimized for this, but I might be wrong. And I, personally don't chase and count for FPS, all that I care about is smoothness and clarity. 

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

You can just continue to use TAA and still utilize frame generation. I literally get no performance difference between TAA and DLSS with MSFS. TAA with FG, no glass cockpit blurring and I literally doubled my FPS going from a 3080Ti to a 4090.. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

8 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

You can just continue to use TAA and still utilize frame generation. I literally get no performance difference between TAA and DLSS with MSFS. TAA with FG, no glass cockpit blurring and I literally doubled my FPS going from a 3080Ti to a 4090.. 

This. Absolutely the best answer.