Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

after Nvidia Driver 531.41update...

58 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

We'll see the second coming of Jésus before anything with DX12 is fixed or officially released! 

Ha, so all these peeps running DX12 are just putting up with the immersion killing bug? I guess it's not the end of the world.

Running great so far here. But I don't install the experience thing.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

The new driver and NE both appear to be working fine here and whilst DX11 and TAA look a lot better than DX12 and DLSS, they don't perform anywhere near from an FPS perspective.

I am finding that some airport sceneries look better with TAA and others with DLSS though which is quite annoying and clouds in DX12 with DLSS look nowhere near as good.

Running with a TLOD at 300 limiting FPS to 30 works great for me most of the time though I sometimes drop render scale a bit when using massive resourse heavy freeware photo sceneries.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Would be interested to know if having HAGS on/off influences the crash

How's the performance of HAGS-ON these days? I haven't flown much MSFS lately due to other projects

Edited by dogmanbird

ts a driver issue , tested again and got the same message , fixed  with 531.29 driver

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 7:50 AM, iliasr said:

i have reinstalled the driver clean install in nvidia experience restarted pc and sim, same result, 3 flights attempt in heavy airports ,RKSI and VHHH, stopped again ones 5 min after and 30 min after on taxiing with same message ...

I am experiencing the same issue. I ran X-plane 12 with zero issus and was getting lke 80 fpm on X-plane

I would use DDU to do a "real" clean of Nvidia drivers and GFE can also be pain the bum so i have given up on it , and just use my TV settings and NV control panel for clours etc 

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, McShiggity Pilot said:

issus and was getting lke 80 fpm on X-plane

Glad that MSFS counts frames in seconds vs minutes 😉 whereas good for XPL if it runs smooth at the equivalent of 1.3 fps 🤪

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I installed this driver yesterday and for the first time in about five years, I opted to install GeForce Experience as well.

Was doing a flight in the Fenix today and was getting some random flashing which I know is a DX12 Bloom issue and was also having trouble reading the displays, they were a bit blurry.

When the flight ended, I looked in the graphics setting and sure enough, they had been changed. DX12 and DLSS were both on and the "performance" pre-set was selected. Then I realised, GeForce Experience messes with your game settings unless you tell it not to 😒. I think that's a bad option to have on by default when you install it.

27 minutes ago, Drebin27 said:

I installed this driver yesterday and for the first time in about five years, I opted to install GeForce Experience as well.

Was doing a flight in the Fenix today and was getting some random flashing which I know is a DX12 Bloom issue and was also having trouble reading the displays, they were a bit blurry.

When the flight ended, I looked in the graphics setting and sure enough, they had been changed. DX12 and DLSS were both on and the "performance" pre-set was selected. Then I realised, GeForce Experience messes with your game settings unless you tell it not to 😒. I think that's a bad option to have on by default when you install it.

Yep , downloaded it some time ago by mistake with a new driver ,tried  it for a while , its quite fancy but interefers too much so uninstalled it never used it since lol , stick with your monitor / tv colour settings along with NCP colour options  IMHO

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

12 hours ago, Drebin27 said:

Then I realised, GeForce Experience messes with your game settings unless you tell it not to 😒.

Can you explain how this works? I downloaded it (never really use it) but will delete if its causing some settings issues. I get some random stutters here and there and don't know if it may be causing it. Thanks.

As an aside, I've been running pretty smooth on DX11 with TAA with the new driver, not only do the cockpits of the FBW and the PMDG look miles better, I also seem to get better fps, go figure.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

in GFE there is a setting " optimise games automatically 2 something like that make sure its unckecked 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

in GFE there is a setting " optimise games automatically 2 something like that make sure its unckecked 

Thanks, Sonny ✌️

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz