Sign in to follow this  
regis9

FPS Plunging with AI Traffic

5 hours ago, regis9 said:

just a note that if you have AIG installed, the now resolved issue in this thread will also impact FSLTL.

How come?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

How come?

Probably because FSLTL uses AIG (and their or-now faulty effect library) as fallback. And since FSLTL still misses hundreds of airlines, chances are almost 100% that you will encounter an fallen-back-onto AIG model while using FSLTL. This is, of course, only if you have both installed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Because of this happening to me in the past and AIG's sort of wonkey way of updating (no offense to them) I opted to stick to FSLTL's models.

Simply put: they're good enough and don't cause problems for me. The last time I used AIG and its Traffic program I had terrible performance.

• Like 3

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I followed the work around posted earlier in this thread and all is good now.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks for posting the resolution to this. I was going mad trying to understand why my FPS dropped so drastically since the SU12 update.

Turns out I had the VisualEffectsLib folder intact under the FSLTL base models directory in the Community folder.

Deleting it resolved the problem - I imagine a complete reinstall of the base models would have also fixed it.

34 minutes ago, DModjo said:

Thanks for posting the resolution to this. I was going mad trying to understand why my FPS dropped so drastically since the SU12 update.

Turns out I had the VisualEffectsLib folder intact under the FSLTL base models directory in the Community folder.

Deleting it resolved the problem - I imagine a complete reinstall of the base models would have also fixed it.

what???

the comment concerning this AIG item in this thread was:

"Per AIG personnel suggestion, I deleted VisualEffectsLib folder from the package and FPS is back to normal. It's temporary solution I guess." 

and you state you removed the effects folder under FSLTL?... are you sure you know what you are doing here?  You may be confusing yourself.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

User of AIG OCI can simply get their FPS back to "normal" levels by:

1) Start AIM

2) Run a verify SetUp

3) Verify via the InGame Contant-List that the AIG Effect Library is at least 0.3.2

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I've ran the verify setup, but when i take a look the AIG Effects Library is still on 0.1.0. Any idea why its not updating itself?

3 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

User of AIG OCI can simply get their FPS back to "normal" levels by:

1) Start AIM

2) Run a verify SetUp

3) Verify via the InGame Contant-List that the AIG Effect Library is at least 0.3.2

and how is the 3rd one done?

BTW, none of my ai airplanes are using the effects included in the VisualEffectLibs folder

thx

Edited by SN737
  • Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

@Kaiii3 I did the steps that you noted above.  If I look at the community folder, it now has files from March 2023 in the effects folder.  However, in content manager it still shows version 0.1.0 for the AIG effect library.

57 minutes ago, nobleord said:

@Kaiii3 I did the steps that you noted above.  If I look at the community folder, it now has files from March 2023 in the effects folder.  However, in content manager it still shows version 0.1.0 for the AIG effect library.

Could you tell me the path of the content manager folder you are refering, thx?

Sergio Naiberg

3 minutes ago, nobleord said:

@SN737  Community\aig-aitraffic-effects\

thank you, i have that folder but i don't know where to look for the version of the effects library

Edited by SN737

Sergio Naiberg

2 minutes ago, SN737 said:

thank you, i have that folder but i don't know where to look for the version of the effects library

Just saw it, it's in the manifest.json file, mine is also is old (0.1.0), so verify setup is not bringing the version Kai mentions.

Edited by SN737

Sergio Naiberg

@Kaiii3 Does this new version of effects come at any performance penalty ? and if it does is there any way i can copy back a previous version of the effects ?

Edit...After doing some testing. I think there is a performance penalty that im not willing to take. Seeing that AI planes are still showing up at the gate after deleting the effects folder and hopefully they still fly as they should without these effects installed i think i'm going to just do without them. AI Effects are not worth sitting at 28fps in the Fenix at least for me. So the effects will remain deleted and hopefully the TC user interface will have an option to disable the effects to save a few frames for those that prioritize their perf to be allocated elsewhere.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders