Sign in to follow this  
767lover

severe performance decrement

Hello,

MSFS has always run very smoothly on my >10 years old PC on medium to high settings but this is no longer the case. I believe the last sim update has absolutely cut my fps in half and it is more of a slideshow now; has anyone experienced the same? I have downloaded the latest updates and nVidia drivers.

Thank you,

iam not hearing great things from many about the latest Nvidia driver. i installed it yesterday and going to have a flight a liitle later , your system spec would be helpful to those who can help you , there is a long post below about the latest driver 

Edited by sonny147

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

After SU 12, I’m seeing my frames drop into the 20’s during the first hour of flight. I’ve never seen this before. Starts fine at the gate, high 40’s usually, maybe higher, and slowly declines during the flight and I’m on final at 20-25 fps. Very strange as like I said, this has never happened before. Trying to find out more about this and if others are experiencing the same. 

I have the same effect. After 1-2 hours flying, my FPS are down to 20. Usually i have 50-90.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

I have the same issue. Did a 3 hour flight yesterday from Varna to Brussels in the MD82 and my fps dropped from high of 60 at the start to a low of 12 upon landing at Brussels. That is without AI traffic and with Aerosofts EBBR which performed outstandingly well for me in SU11.

Other mods? You should use Addonlinker or manually remove all mods from the community folder except for departure airport, arrival airport and the actual aircraft you intend to use to be sure. Most of the time it's broken mods that cause issues after sim updates.
Also clear your rolling cache (even if you have none activated) in MSFS, can't do no harm.

I made two multiple-hour flights (fenix and 737) with AI traffic on SU12 and did not notice anything special.

Edited by Fiorentoni
replaced "after SU12" with more general "after sim updates"

Similar here, not quite as severe as is described here, but a definite worse than it's been for quite a while now.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I did a flight lasting 50mins, I had no problems at all. I have the frame rate set to 30fps.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

Had a similar experience initially. But after deleting the rolling cache and updating FSUIPC, all seems better now.

Rich

• Upvote 1

I think it depends on what areas you fly over and in to. I still think Asobo need to look into a potential memory leak when flying over densely populated areas. As when I fly over Alaska, I don't see any performance drops what so ever. I always delete rolling cache after updates.

To report back and echo what @Fiorentoni mentioned, just did a flight from ESSA to EPWA and it was much better. I turned off everything in the community folder using add-on linker, well kept one…wasn’t many, maybe 15, mostly older GA liveries and a few airports, and  old version of the GTN750 and we love vfr. Took off in fog and snow in the PMDG737 and performance was as good the whole way. A lot of clouds in Warsaw as well and the flight was much better. TrackIR was butter smooth the whole way, significantly better than before. So, get rid of all that stuff in the community folder and see if it helps. As I said in my first post about seeing declining performance during flight, I’ve never had the need to do this to my community folder as I’ve never seen this type of degradation. YMMV but certainly worth a shot. Looks like SU12 doesn’t do well with some (older?)addons. 

• Like 1

I had the same problems, but like rlashier said, delete your rolling cache, restart flightsim and then re-enable rolling cache. It solved the problem for me,

I'm really scratching my head why this is still happening to some users.

I've recently been stretching the legs of the Fenix A320 on these flights (all times block-to-block):

EGLL - OJAI     5:00
OJAI - EGLL     5:49
EGLL - HECA    4:35
HECA - EGLL    5:46

with no performance degradation whatsoever. 
I keep the Community folder very light, using Add-On Linker to ensure that I only have stuff in there that I need for the flight in question, I haven't used Rolling Cache for a very long time.

Not trying to be "that guy", please treat this as just another data point.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

also wondering what it may be, did last night an overnight from EGLL to VHHX in the HW330, almost 12 hours and no performance degradation either (only ATC quit when I landed this morning). this is not on the fastest machine, since SU12 under DX12 and rolling cache disabled since day 1 when MSFS was released, for further info see my sig, e.g. with Live Weather and Live Traffic but PG off. sorry, not of much help I know. note though that I use rarely anything in the community folder except liveries, free Flow and some (well, few more) 3PD airports

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"