Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

MK Studio's Dublin V2

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Do any of you have MK Studio Lisbon for MSFS. If so can you confirm if Rwy 03/21 has changed to 02/20?

I ask because the promised update for the P3Dv4/5 version has yet to be delivered despite them saying so on their Facebook page on 1 June 2022.

Thanks.

Any P3D products are on hold from them - They said this in a comment 5 days ago:

We're keeping P3D projects on hold at the moment. Waiting to see what happens to future P3D releases as it's very difficult to keep ongoing development for both platforms considering P3D requires a lot of rework.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

3 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Any P3D products are on hold from them - They said this in a comment 5 days ago:

That’s very disingenuous of them. Changing numbers on runways and taxiways signs plus the AFCAD change does not involved a lot of work. It’s not as though runway designations change every couple of years.

Let’s see what they say to my ticket.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s very disingenuous of them. Changing numbers on runways and taxiways signs plus the AFCAD change does not involved a lot of work. It’s not as though runway designations change every couple of years.

Let’s see what they say to my ticket.

Ray, I have updated taxiway and runway markings in the texture folder of my P3D LPPT.
Available through Orbx Central.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, F737MAX said:

Ray, I have updated taxiway and runway markings in the texture folder of my P3D LPPT.
Available through Orbx Central.

That’s great if you bought it from Orbx. I bought from SimMarket. There’s no additional file showing against my order. Why would Orbx provide the update but not SimMarket?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s great if you bought it from Orbx. I bought from SimMarket. There’s no additional file showing against my order. Why would Orbx provide the update but not SimMarket?

Ray, I think you uninstall V1 then buy V2 and Simmarket should show the credit when you go to check out with the new version?

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

5 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Same here. Initially it worked well several times and then suddenly I got a CDT on every 2nd attempt. It‘s the only payware airport I have that this happens, so I‘ll wait and see as well.

I gave in and purchased it anyway. Not had any issues yet but as history says - time will tell. It was only 13 Euro and considering the work MKS have done on it, I think its good value for money.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Performance-wise, while on approach to RWY 28R, I maintained my usual locked 30 FPS with the Fenix A320, Orbx Landmarks Dublin, about 45 AI aircraft using PSXT & RT with AIG and FSLTL models, GAIST ships, photgrammetry off, TLOD of 180 and most other graphics settings on Ultra or High.
Definitely an improvement when landing. However, once on the ground, FPS dropped to between 24 and 28 depending on the direction I was pointed in.

As for details, the interiors of Pier 1 at T1 and Pier 4 at T2 are nicely modelled and textured.
The rest of the airport buildings have no interiors, using opaque textures for glass, which disappointingly includes the glass-heavy main T2 building.

RWY 28R/10L and its linked taxiways appear to have correct markings per Navigraph charts, however the ILS beam didn't bring me down into the TDZ for RWY 28R.

I can understand if people feel like this is a JustSim type of update rather than what Flightbeam did with their KDEN.
The question of whether it's worth it depends how much use you'll get from the scenery.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It’s the interior that bring down FPS on the ground under some angles. I’ve been experiencing this either. We should have an option to turn this off, similar to what InBuilds done with KLAX and EGLL 

• Upvote 1

I’m generally an MK Studios fan. But I’m a little underwhelmed by this. 

1. Did a short flight down to EIFK. CTD not long after takeoff.

2. Pretty bad performance at the gate. Lots of stutters.

3. Airport interiors only partially modelled. Opaque glass isn’t really good enough in 2023 unless it’s a bargain basement product, which this isn’t. Terminal interiors that are modelled are still a bit meh.

Its probably still worth getting if you want a rendition of EIDW, but it’s not one of my favorite payware airports.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

8 hours ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

Ray, I think you uninstall V1 then buy V2 and Simmarket should show the credit when you go to check out with the new version?

I have the only MKS LPPT for P3D. Bought 2019. I suspect they’ve supplied an updated version to SimMarket and SimMarket haven’t advised customers it’s available. More later …

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have the only MKS LPPT for P3D. Bought 2019. I suspect they’ve supplied an updated version to SimMarket and SimMarket haven’t advised customers it’s available. More later …

No one needs "More later..." Just give it a rest, my man. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

No one needs "More later..." Just give it a rest, my man. 

If this topic doesn't interest you don't read it and certainly post comments like that.

The purpose of the "more later" was to install the latest version and report back. Installed version has 02/20.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Apologies for locking the topic. Back open..

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Completed EKCH-EIDW yesterday with NGX, RT/PSX/AIGOCI Combo, GSX and stuff.  I had the same experience and feelings as F737Max expressed above. No CTD on arrival. Will be flying EIDW-EGLL later tonight to find out about possibility of CTD on departure.