Sign in to follow this  
Malaromane

XP12.05b1 Released

Just now, Bjoern said:

Real weather or clear skies without turbulence?

Real weather.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never trust them for flightims again...)

Just now, Bjoern said:

Well, does it fly better without turbulence?

Not much 😕

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never trust them for flightims again...)

38 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Nope, auto-coordination + Dutch Roll compensation by the AFS. Look from outside while flying manually or in AP, and see the almost constant huge tail "wonder"/deflection...

Other airbuses (Toliss and FF) don't do it so I assume it is something wrong in the default a330 fbw FM parameters?

Apparently it is due to the yaw damper. The default B737 does the same in turbulence, but the rudder doesn't move anymore if yaw damper is turned off. I don't know if yaw damper can be turned off in the default A330 though.

I think the yaw damper is reacting to the rapid changes in yaw during turbulence. Infact, if there's no turbulence, I don't see any unusual rudder deflections.

Probably it is moving too much and too fast though, I doubt the yaw damper of the real aircraft would produce rudder movements with such a high frequency.

• Upvote 1

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

44 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Real weather.

Turn the Yaw damper off. I've stated my part that the default YD is faulted, afaik the official stance is the aircraft dev needs to fix it....

If turning the YD off does fix it, please report it.

• Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

Also, having a look in Plane-Maker, if I'm not mistaken the YD constants for the Airbuses seem to be fixed, while for other airliners they can be tuned.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

28 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Also, having a look in Plane-Maker, if I'm not mistaken the YD constants for the Airbuses seem to be fixed, while for other airliners they can be tuned.

Probably when they tick the fbw option.

Main Simulation Rig:

8 hours ago, kraszus said:

What exactly does this parameter do? How does it benefit VR users?

Whatever it does, my VR fps get a healthy bump when using it. 

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

Anyone experience PC working hotter after this patch?  My CPU/GPU temperature are up. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

50 minutes ago, Sims Smith said:

Anyone experience PC working hotter after this patch?  My CPU/GPU temperature are up. 

Absolutely, had to dial down my overclocked cpu ...

Torfi

Still getting FPS drops in odd locations, like in the forest around ESGG

UBC0g3Z.jpg

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

7 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

Still getting FPS drops in odd locations, like in the forest around ESGG

UBC0g3Z.jpg

Is that default xp12 scenery/forests?

I spent some time just now trying weather and a cpuple aircraft and plavess for soaring flight on this last beta and there were some dense tree areas but I didn't notice impact in FPS.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

12 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Is that default xp12 scenery/forests?

Yes. If I disable 3d vegetation, the FPS goes back up.

Edited by bogdansrb

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

On 3/31/2023 at 12:20 AM, 757FO said:

1) I have a G2 and XP12 is basically unplayable in VR. I am not sure if it is G2 related but I have seen other users complaining about it.

2) There is an Open VR DLL out there that is helping a bit,

3) but it is not stable

1) I have a G2 too and the few times I use x-periment-12 I only do so in VR. did you adjust/reduce Rendering Resolution in your graphics settings? unlike in MSFS, unfortunately in x-plane you have to do that each and every time if you want to use different graphics settings for 2D and for VR. they have no idea what a modern comfortable UI looks like. for linux users this might be super luxury though. 😀

2) where? which, any links?

3) runs in the family 😀

xplane-renderingresolb7fko.png

I am getting ca. 50 fps in VR according to the steamVR applett in low density areas like KORS in the default C172. but I doubt those 50 fps, I think it is closer to 30 fps. and the pitch black clouds are back, or still there in the latest 12.0.5.1

pitchblackcloudsarebagie1j.jpg

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.