Sign in to follow this  
1Wolf

ATC AddOn Recommendations

21 minutes ago, Mace said:

If I may gently remind you that there are free voices available from Microsoft no less, and plenty of videos and threads here at AVSIM on how to easily add them to Pilot2ATC.

Yeah, I watched  a couple of videos s on inserting them, editing registry, etc....  Thanks, but no thanks. Maybe about a dozen voices max...far short of over 100. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Another vote for P2ATC. Works very well and the developer, Dave, is always available and updating the app.

Edited by mmcmah
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, I watched  a couple of videos s on inserting them, editing registry, etc....  Thanks, but no thanks. Maybe about a dozen voices max...far short of over 100. 

Registry editing?  I don't recall having to do that...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

38 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The trick is to use FS-Chatter in conjunction with P2A. Then you are constantly hearing ATC recordings from the region you are flying in. Couple that with the voices that can be easily installed (no registry hacks needed if a proper tool is used), then the overall experience is very realistic.

I was never a big fan of offline ATC programs, but P2A has really grown on me...

• Like 5

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

12 minutes ago, Mace said:

From memory you can add more MS voices by changing a setting in the registry. Otherwise certain voices won't show up. Think I added about 10 extra by doing that.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

59 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

From memory you can add more MS voices by changing a setting in the registry. Otherwise certain voices won't show up. Think I added about 10 extra by doing that.

G

All the reading I have done, always mentions fiddling with the registry, and then the end result I have heard, the voices always sound pieced together robotic like. I think for the money they charge for the program they should at least supply some voices with it, at least 50 or so.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Mace said:

When flying strictly VFR to (mostly) uncontrolled airfields, do the mentioned ATC addons offer anything extra compared to the default ATC?

• Like 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Pilot2ATC. Close the thread. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and recommendations.

Looks like I'm going to give Pilot2ATC a shot, especially given the 10 day trial period.  Wow.  Thats SOME manual to read.  When the developer specifically warns users of the significant learning curve, thats saying something 😉

31 minutes ago, 1Wolf said:

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and recommendations.

Looks like I'm going to give Pilot2ATC a shot, especially given the 10 day trial period.  Wow.  Thats SOME manual to read.  When the developer specifically warns users of the significant learning curve, thats saying something 😉

Good choice. Don't forget you can buy ATC chatter and Decent voice packs to help improve the voices and realism. A very feature rich program. It pretty much has replaced littlenavmap for me. Integrates with navigraph/simbrief. Its updated all the time. 

I've heard the voices for some of the other ATC programs, even the ones that included several voices.....they don't uh....sound good at all. I would buy the extra voices if you like the program. 

I literally do not fly without this program. 

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Does either program give you a different route from what you filed, or throw you in holds, based on the weather?

How do they both compare with diversions or emergencies?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, Sonosusto said:

Good choice. Don't forget you can buy ATC chatter and Decent voice packs to help improve the voices and realism. A very feature rich program. It pretty much has replaced littlenavmap for me. Integrates with navigraph/simbrief. Its updated all the time. 

I've heard the voices for some of the other ATC programs, even the ones that included several voices.....they don't uh....sound good at all. I would buy the extra voices if you like the program. 

I literally do not fly without this program. 

Every voice I have heard in the Pilot 2 ATC Youtube videos, sound very robotic. 

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Every voice I have heard in the Pilot 2 ATC Youtube videos, sound very robotic. 

I don't use those voices. I use add on voices from Ceres or IVONA. I heard the voices from other ATC programs and they still sound pretty bad. All of them are bad, really. 

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Just thought of another question I should ask.  While I understand this isn't the VR subforum, I don't want to start a new thread just to ask.

Do any of you using Pilot2ATC also use VR?  How does Pilot2ATC work out for you in VR?