Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Aerosoft’s Twin Otter is no longer available for MSFS

“The product has been removed from the shop(s) because it will be relaunched at a later date as part of another project. So in its current form (or rather as it was), it will not return.”, Kok said. He further added, “I am sure it will all be clear in a while”.

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/04/03/aerosofts-twin-otter-is-no-longer-available-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

4 minutes ago, Doering said:

because it will be relaunched at a later date as part of another project.

Added to the list of upcoming MSFS local heroes or a fundamental update to a new v2.0 for sale?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Very intriguing... as a Twin Otter owner, I will have to follow this one very closely.

• Like 3

Mario Di Lauro

Flightsim drama!!  

• Like 8

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Given the upcoming Oceania WU including Papua New Guinea / Indonesia, it's believable it could become a "local legend".  Hope it gets some upgrades!

• Like 3

Andrew Crowley

9 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Given the upcoming Oceania WU including Papua New Guinea / Indonesia, it's believable it could become a "local legend".  Hope it gets some upgrades!

With the words of MK: „Then you smell wrong, lol.“

Source: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/175941-twin-otter-dhc-6-in-den-online-shops-nicht-mehr-verfügbar/&do=findComment&comment=1106662

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Why am I not surprised? 

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Again, not surprised.  Another quote would be-  "Of course not, if you bought one of our products (or buy it now in the Marketplace) we will fully support it."   Not sure about this one. Owning the CRJ since release....not sure how I feel about that comment...  CRJ will be my last purchase from Aerosoft.  Of course, if this was on their forums this thread would have ended already as "Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic."  😄

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

The CRJ was and will continue to be my last purchase from Hans Hartman and the people at Aerosoft. Wish them the best of the luck though. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

"Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic."

• Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I guess it's possible Aerosoft are finally admitting the original version simply want good enough and want to replace it with a better version but they knew that it wasn't too to scratch from day one so why do this now ?

It'll be v interesting to see what the reasons are. 

I seriously doubt it'll be for the love of their customers or flight simulation in general. 

Aerosoft well and truly don't seem like perfectionist types. 

I assume anyone whoever considered making a Twin Otter was put off by this launch big time. However they may find it created an appetite for a decent one.  

Their P3D version was pretty good which (for me) was why it was such a disappointment that the MSFS was a low effort hack job.

With the P3D version pulled as well I'm starting to wonder about more exciting hypothetical scenarios like DeHaviland/Viking complaining about trademark infringement and demanding changes 🙂

• Like 1