Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Parking MSFS2020

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

So didn't have the CTD issue prior to changing out the GPU? Also, in your troubleshooting efforts did you ever format and reinstall Windows fresh?

I have yet to reinstall windows. That'll be happening in the next month when the 7950x3d arrives. There'll be a clean install of everything.

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

So didn't have the CTD issue prior to changing out the GPU? Also, in your troubleshooting efforts did you ever format and reinstall Windows fresh?

I have yet to reinstall windows. That'll be happening in the next month when the 7950x3d arrives. There'll be a clean install of everything.

21 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Reinstalling Win 10 was the first step taken after lots of piecemeal troubleshooting w/ poor results, about 5 months ago.  It was well worth the effort for me fortunately and in the process discovered I don't need new hardware.  Looks like you have the other sims to use that are still working for you until the new build happens so very best wishes.   Between new hardware and new Win install you should be good to go.  

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, pmb said:

After flying for years with nearly no CTDs (the very rare ones could be isolated being caused by certain addons) I keep getting CDTs after ~45-60 min into a flight as well during the last weeks. Windows reports "nvwgf2umx.dll" being the culprit, being no unknown in the field.

Might be the most recent Nvidia drivers. This is a brand-new machine, though, and I am not really amused. Not parking the sim at this point, but I'll have to investigate.

Kind regards, Michael

Are you flying with FSLTL in use? I got the same message, after the same amount of time. When not using FSLTL (also AIG insgtalled and FSLTL will use their models as well), I did not got any issue.

My issues where gone, since the latest SU12 Update from MSFS. I had the same issues before installing SU11 as well, and after updating MSFS tu SU11 they went away also, but came back aftert weeks without any CTD.

If using FSLTL, try without it a couple of flights.

When this is the culprit, I would suggest to uninstall the MSFS app (without reinstalling the official and community folder). Just rename them BEFORE uninstalling the MSFS app, then rename the official folder back to "official" and install the MSFS app new. 

Regads

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Are you flying with FSLTL in use? I got the same message, after the same amount of time. When not using FSLTL (also AIG insgtalled and FSLTL will use their models as well), I did not got any issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. No, FSLTL is sitting idle in the FSAddons folder and not linked via the addon linker and the injector not running.

For AI, I have been using AIG models + PSXSeecontraffic + Real Traffic (the latter two networked) for some time now, definitely longer than the CTDs which appeared quite recently only.

This was in the Sting and no hard scenery, the last one happened at Athens LGAV after landing yesterday, the one before while bush-flying around St. Kitts und Nevis in the wild. 

Everything under VR and DX12/DLSS, I might add, although these both apply for some months now.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

PSXSeecontraffic + Real Traffic

I remember prior FSLTL, I used this too and also those CTD. Not from the beginning, but after a while as well.

Did you try flying 2 or 3 flights without these both? I would really try it out....

What triggered me in your message was that you CTD after 45 to 60 Min....thats exactly what happend at my end as well.

Good luck on finding the culprit....not as easy as it sometimes should be

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I remember prior FSLTL, I used this too and also those CTD. Not from the beginning, but after a while as well.

Did you try flying 2 or 3 flights without these both? I would really try it out....

What triggered me in your message was that you CTD after 45 to 60 Min....thats exactly what happend at my end as well.

And @dbw1 has those ~45 min as well.

I'll  try several things, including switching off FSXT and friends, yes. After all, the AIG models + PSXT are continually updated, who knows.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hope you find the issue, can be hard to track down - I had similar with either GTN in P3D. Nothing else caused an issue.

Never managed to solve it on that machine, despite help from RXP (F1 were useless with theirs). (Obviously) new machine was 100% fine....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

5 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Since approx Christmas I have seldom been able to complete a flight without a CTD.

Attempted corrective actions include multiple reinstalls, flying right after a install with no add-ons, moving it to another drive, the list goes on.

I've lost track of the hours trouble shooting.

Something is wrong here and I doubt I'm the only one. Sorry i sunk as much money as I did into add-ons.

The only thing left is when my new CPU arrives (7950x3d) I'll be blowing everything off and doing a fresh Windows install.

Have you tried disabling ATC and fly without ?

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Unless you can bench test equipment it is very hard to determine failed hardware especially when problem is intermitten. I was struggling with my old PC for about two years. Numerous CTD, internet connecting error and etc. As in you case I had many attempt to fix it. I upgraded my video card, software, version of windows and even internet provider. Finally, before last Xmass sale I decided  to invest in brand new barebone PC from Ibuypower. After final assembly (not that surprisingly) all my old problems have gone inducing MSFS CTD and internet connection problem gone. Yes, it took little  to tweak my new PC (you could find my post regarding that), but I never had a single regret after that.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, altenae said:

Have you tried disabling ATC and fly without ?

Hi, Silly question perhaps....How do you disable the msfs ATC? Thanks.

CTD's are incredibly frustrating. XP11 did this to me all.of.the.time and it was due to a mod, lua, x-vision etc not being compatible with each other. Or something.

Same goes for MSFS. The ridiculous amount of add-ons available, the different hardware. There are also issues with memory, power supply, drivers. 

For me, virtually all of my MSFS CTD's and stutters were add-on related. It seems as though you've emptied yours but also don't forget to check the official folder as well. 

• Upvote 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

9 hours ago, Sonosusto said:

CTD's are incredibly frustrating. XP11 did this to me all.of.the.time and it was due to a mod, lua, x-vision etc not being compatible with each other. Or something.

Same goes for MSFS. The ridiculous amount of add-ons available, the different hardware. There are also issues with memory, power supply, drivers. 

For me, virtually all of my MSFS CTD's and stutters were add-on related. It seems as though you've emptied yours but also don't forget to check the official folder as well. 

True. PAUN (Unalakleet) still crashes my MSFS even though it was purchased through the Marketplace so I have it permanently disabled.
But besides addons I think MSFS is very delicate and the slightest software or hardware issue could crash it when other applications including stress tests would happily carry on. It still means the problem is computer/end user related but MSFS seems to be very unforgiving to anything that is slightly off.

The first 7 months of MSFS where absolute horror for me. Every flight would end in a CTD and I spend weeks troubleshooting. Ultimately I found out that without USB controllers these CTD's did not occur. I tried changing cables and USB hubs but noticed some USB ports on my PC where more prone to cause CTD's then others. Ultimately it was a driver issue that was solved when AMD released an updated chipset driver that specifically solved this problem. The PC has been quite stable all this time until last week. Then suddenly, without any (obvious) changes on the machine, the CTD's have returned.

I know it cannot be simply SU12 since I had no issues whatsoever with the SU12 beta. Disabling addons doesn't seem to solve it so I am actually contemplating to buy a brand new PC simply because I hate having to go through another period of troubleshooting horror again.

Glenn Fitzpatrick
I was getting continual CTDs until I swapped back to TAA and DX 11.

That is something I haven't tried yet.

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

19 hours ago, pmb said:

"nvwgf2umx.dll" being the culprit

This is a Nvidia problem. I had multiple CTDs after SU12 was released where the error was due to this.

Updating the driver with a Nvidia 'clean install' didn't fix it, so I cheated and used a download site to find the latest version of the file. No issues since.

The safer way is to perform a DDU or CCleaner removal of the driver, restart, then perform a fresh driver install.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter