Sign in to follow this  
BobFS88

X plane 12 Public Beta 12.05b2 is out

Bug Fixes

Public Beta – 12.05b2

X-Plane 12.05b2 contains the bug fixes below

• XPD-13979 – Bug report “Ground handling feels weird in 12.05b1 for free-castoring planes that use differential braking”.
  • XPD-13970 – Tops of some Captains-Side MCDU Keys Don’t Depress.
  • XPD-13972 – A330 wipers don’t work.
  • XPD-13967 – A330 meanders around track, failing to intercept and follow smoothly (autopilot constant problem).
  • XPD-13950 – Airbus 330 autothrottle surging power when in CLB notch (AT engaged).
  • XPD-13862 – Ford carrier update: Added circling animated helicopter.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad that they finally got the A330 wipers working. Sim was completely unflyable. 😛

• Like 1

What? Is XP 12 still in beta? I thought it had been released? Was thinking of buying it but has the shimmering been fixed with this beta?

Edited by jarmstro

34 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What? Is XP 12 still in beta? I thought it had been released? Was thinking of buying it but has the shimmering been fixed with this beta?

12.04 is released

12.05 is in beta

in a few weeks or so

12.05 will be released

12.xx will be in beta

which you use depends on whether you have the "check for new betas" checkbox selected on the installer.

AutoATC Developer

On 4/8/2023 at 7:13 PM, jarmstro said:

but has the shimmering been fixed with this beta?

No and it will not be in the near future.

Edited by Skylon5000

FSX Computer: I7-980X @4GHZ - Kingston DDR3 1066MHZ (7-7-7-20) - Gainwaird GTX285 1GB - 2x Raptor 150GB (1. Generation)

four months after release real weather download still broken 😞

never again will i buy a sim in shambles like this

3 hours ago, drix9 said:

Can you share how you arrive at this conclusion when I just check it a few min ago a and the download is working fine. It seems to be following the NOAA weather with the exception that there is  somewhat of a delay in between to two but not far off. 

Are you sure you don't have it in manual?

Edited by BobFS88

2 hours ago, drix9 said:

Just get Active Sky for XP12 and prosper. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

12 hours ago, drix9 said:

No issues where I load up. 
In any case, that’s what the free demo is for.

Just imagine what they can do in 2-3 years, let alone in 10 years.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1

It seems pretty accurate in the Houston area. Almost always spot on with the KEFD ATIS.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

On 4/10/2023 at 5:03 PM, Skylon5000 said:

No and it will not be in the near future.

Really, why not? 

19 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Really, why not? 

LR has some coding issues with it apparently, since they never fixed it in XP11, unless you choose 8xSSAA which will half the FPS if you're lucky.

• Like 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

7 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

LR has some coding issues with it apparently, since they never fixed it in XP11, unless you choose 8xSSAA which will half the FPS if you're lucky.

You need to be worried about smoothness, not fps.  If 8xSSAA is smooth, go with it.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

5 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You need to be worried about smoothness, not fps.  If 8xSSAA is smooth, go with it.

Well, as a VR user, I worry about FPS A LOT. I need at least 36fps in VR to be smooth, ideally 45fps, and both depends on 2D fps automatically. FPS in VR is usually half the fps in 2D, so yeah, I need at least 80/90fps in 2D, all the time, in all scenarios. In VR, fps of refresh rate/2 is smooth, anything else is a stutter fest. Not the same on monitors, at all, especially with gsync and other mumbo jumbo.

Edited by Pe11e
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Well, as a VR user, I worry about FPS A LOT. I need at least 36fps in VR to be smooth, ideally 45fps, and both depends on 2D fps automatically. FPS in VR is usually half the fps in 2D, so yeah, I need at least 80/90fps in 2D, all the time, in all scenarios. In VR, fps of refresh rate/2 is smooth, anything else is a stutter fest. Not the same on monitors, at all, especially with gsync and other mumbo jumbo.

I guess what it comes down to is either...

a) A smooth VR sim that looks like FS1998
b) A VR slideshow sim that looks like XP12

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB