Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

The Fenixsim A320 Is A Work Of Art...

20 minutes ago, Dillon said:

That won't happen for me until the Tablet is available for the PMDG 737's.  Even then I wouldn't stop using the Fenix bird, it's just that good.

Personally, I need a tablet like a fish needs a bicycle. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

1.  Total performance now in the Fenix?

I have not had a performance issue I can say is specific to the Fenix. The biggest cause of my general stutters was the autosave in Volanta of all things. I had the same problem with the 737, so it wasn't the Fenix.

For DX12, I am not sure what I am running so I can't  answer that right now.

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

All the hype in the beginning for IAE, Sharklets, updates has fizzled out. 

I agree concerning the promised IAE version and Sharklets but it's a pretty solid/stable product at this point.  No need to keep fixing things that aren't broke.  I still use it when not flying the Longitude. 

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Personally, I need a tablet like a fish needs a bicycle. 

To each his own.  There's no real world 737 flying today without an EFB that the pilot brings along.😎

• Like 4

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

22 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I guess when there is a war in your country, priorities get misplaced. 

Don’t go there. I know about the war and understand. Just because I didn’t mention it to cover replies like yours doesn’t mean i don’t care. I’m still allowed to be bummed or is that not politically correct. I knew someone like you was going to bring that up. I’ll make sure I mention the war in every reply I make. As a vet, I’ve been to places, you, probably not. I get the situation. It doesn’t mean I have to mention it to justify your need to bring it up. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

They are also working on V2 of the Fenix which also explains why they haven't done many incremental updates.

• Like 1

2 days ago I received 2 x 2TB 990Pro and decided to re-install p3d v5.2 with orbx global, orbx florida, openLC europe, and 5 airports only, and of course I did that only to try my fslabs after 1 year hiatus....and yes nothing compares to that aircraft.

VNAV right on spot, it tells you to descend when you need to descend without reaching the low speed limit like fenixsim A320, is just one example. 

yes, p3d graphics stinks but the fslabs A320 is a masterpiece.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

28 minutes ago, Noel said:

Anyone who knows:

2.  Does Fenix play well w/ DX12?

I've resisted Fenix because FBW A320NX is as good as it is, but does not play well w/ DX12 and a major stutter happens whenever the ATC window is opened or closed (unlike any other planes I use inc PMDG), so I've take to leaving it open and minimizing it which works, but points to performance issues with it, so I'm a little more open to Fenix than I have been because of those things.

No stutters here. Solid performance all-around. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, ttbq1 said:

The fslabs A320 is a masterpiece.

To be fair, they've been working on the aircraft since the days of FSX. They've had a decade to make sure their bus was well polished.

The question will be how well they'll handle MSFS. Unlike FSX/P3D, they'll need to contend with drastic changes every few months, and historically FSLabs takes years to pop out small updates and are very quiet in-between. They'll also be competing in a market that already has the ASOBO bus, the FBW bus, and the Fenix bus, and historically FSLabs has charged over a hundred dollars for their products.

I do wish them luck. It'll be fantastic to have all these companies competing and innovating.

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

25 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I agree concerning the promised IAE version and Sharklets but it's a pretty solid/stable product at this point.  

Thank you for your reply. Someone who didn't over read my post and I agree what you said, solid product. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

34 minutes ago, Noel said:

Anyone who knows:

2.  Does Fenix play well w/ DX12?

I've resisted Fenix because FBW A320NX is as good as it is, but does not play well w/ DX12 and a major stutter happens whenever the ATC window is opened or closed (unlike any other planes I use inc PMDG), so I've take to leaving it open and minimizing it which works, but points to performance issues with it, so I'm a little more open to Fenix than I have been because of those things.

Hmm
No stutters in that scenario.  
After the stutter fix some time ago for the DEV and Experimental version it's perfect 

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

8 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

yes, p3d graphics stinks but the fslabs A320 is a masterpiece.

That’s exactly why I don’t waste time with aircraft that have faulty VNAV, etc.  Years of flying FSLabs’ A32x in the ‘old’ sim & you get used to having the best.   To me, the enjoyment is setting up the flight, understanding the weather, planning for the unknown, then conduct the flight…NOT watching the plane wander off a lateral or vertical flight path.  
I have the Fenix and I enjoy it, it’s very well done.  But I’m also cheering FBW on to get up to par.  I’ll happily buy them all the coffee they need.  🙂.  And I hope PMDG releases the 777 soon, and FSL does a release for this sim.  The more high fidelity aircraft, the better.  

• Like 3

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

1 hour ago, btacon said:

And even better?  Free!

-B

You must be flying a pirated version.  I had to pay for my Fenix A320 😉

3 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

You must be flying a pirated version.  I had to pay for my Fenix A320 😉

One would think, no?  What happened was I conflated Fenix with FBW.  Silly post now deleted tho it will remain showcased in infamy here! 😎😎😎

-B

• Like 3

the Fenix A32 is amazing but don't do that  :

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars