Sign in to follow this  
Alpine Scenery

After all this time (what now)

I mainly fly the HJet or FlySimWare c414.

Anything new in the last 6 months worth picking up?

x1zmVma.png

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

The Longitude. If you haven't flown it much, I really recommend it. By far, one of the most complete and high-fidelity default private jets in any simulation. It's pretty much all I've been flying the last few months. I know it's quite similar to the HJet, but you'll get to go places further away and a lot faster.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I mainly fly the HJet or FlySimWare c414.

Anything new in the last 6 months worth picking up?

x1zmVma.png

Same here.  You may want to give the Vision Jet a go.  Flys lower and slower than the HJET but still fun.

sp

Why not fly something low and slow and enjoy the gorgeous scenery that you don't normally see when you are above the clouds?

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

Why not fly something low and slow and enjoy the gorgeous scenery that you don't normally see when you are above the clouds?

The (free) JPL/WB Cessna 152 is wonderfully modelled and the WB-Sim Cessna 172 as well. These are great for appreciating the scenery in a "study" level aircraft.
While not study level, I like the (modded) DC-3 a lot too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

56 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

The Black Square King Air and Baron are excellent. 

Agree - the Baron, Bonanza, and King Air from Black Square!

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Agree - the Baron, Bonanza, and King Air from Black Square!

And Caravan... 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

On 4/16/2023 at 10:40 PM, Bdub22 said:

The Longitude. If you haven't flown it much, I really recommend it. By far, one of the most complete and high-fidelity default private jets in any simulation. It's pretty much all I've been flying the last few months. I know it's quite similar to the HJet, but you'll get to go places further away and a lot faster.

any way to pick up just the longitude? 

@Alpine Scenery These aren't new but if you're looking for fidelity and accuracy and, without knowing if you enjoy/prefer GA over Jets, analog over glass, and based on my limited private GA flying experience in the real world, these are the aircraft that I can rely on for a 'realistic' experience.

The Winners

1. Just Flight Warrior II - slower at 100kts but feels more realistic than most, better imo than the Turbo Arrows and very well made and recently updated. 25% off if you already own the Turbo Arrow.

2. Flying Iron Hellcat - very immersive

3. Got Friends Astro One - different and a lot of fun in VR, no idea if it's realistic

4. SWS Kodiak 100 - better than ever paired with these excellent Bush Missions 

Runners Up

The FS Reborn Sting S4 is also very well made

The MSFS Aeroplane Heaven DC3 paired with the free Got Friends 40th Anniversary Expansion and the Duckworks DC3 mod surprised me in it's fidelity and immersion

I haven't flow it enough to comment yet but the FlightFX Vision Jet is full of promise based on what I have seen so far

• Like 3

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

21 hours ago, toby23 said:

These aren't new but if you're looking for fidelity and accuracy and, without knowing if you enjoy/prefer GA over Jets, analog over glass, and based on my limited private GA flying experience in the real world, these are the aircraft that I can rely on for a 'realistic' experience.

The MSFS Aeroplane Heaven DC3 paired with the free Got Friends 40th Anniversary Expansion and the Duckworks DC3 mod surprised me in it's fidelity and immersion

Thanks for all the suggestions, I ended up downloading Got Friends 40th and Duckworks DC3 mod.

Have the Simworks Kodiak already, so I just bought the Microsoft ATR for the first time to mess around with.
ATR is on sale for $12, but $45 to $65 for a plane is too rich for my blood right now for another GA plane.
I would pay that for the Majestic Dash 8 when it comes out, but not much else.

This should keep me entertained for a little while longer...

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

49 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I would pay that for the Majestic Dash 8 when it comes out, but not much else.

Be still my beating heart..

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10