Sign in to follow this  
michal

I wonder why the LevelD forum is so secret?

You can't even read about what is going on. Are they trying to hide the problems with their product? Seems like it.

Psst.... over here..I am willing to spy for you. :) Do you have a specific question or concern?The overall assessment of the LevelD aircraft is consistently the number 1 or 2 commercial jet in the history of the FS flight simulator franchise. It is a Flight One wrapper meaning you can buy the airplane, join the forum, get all the facts you need and return it; all in less than 30 days. :)Bob..

It's to encourage people to buy their product and not use a pirate version.I purchased the Level D 767 for FSX and I can say that I am very happy with it and that I have experienced no problems! It's a complex aircraft so your FPS will drop slightly. I run without autogen or AI traffic and get 20 to 30 fps on my 2 yr old AMD3500. Very happy!It's a mature product and the best airliner sim available for FSX. The only thing that would come close to the Level D 767 is the PMDG 747 X but thats not available for FSX yet.

Matthew S

It's just the developers way of not providing any support to pirates. They have nothing to hide. The aircraft is a winner.If there were outstanding issues not being actively addressed by Level-D, you would think those issues would be posted on these and other forums. When you buy the aircraft, you don't sign an NDA.Nothing clandestine or mysterious over there other than trying to protect their investment.Regards,Jim Karn

They're doing it right, like Eaglesoft, and lock their forums to paying customers to prevent some of the pointless fanboi/hater threads.Prime example and victim is FeelThere where the devs have long given up making sense and coping with the volume of irrelevant posts and have shut down the forums altogether (or made it read-only).Pat

If there were problems with the plane you would be hearing about it. Do you see ANY posts about the 767 here? How about for some of the other vendors?People just buy it and fly it. And if they have a question, they go to the forum. Simple as that. .Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Let me start by saying I have the highest regard for LevelD and their software. Excellent quality. I flew the 767 PIC in both FS2000 and 2002. I had fully intended to fly the new 767 in FS9- until I discovered no "read only" access to their forum. Perhaps my style is different- I like to research and have a good understanding of a complex product before purchase. Studying the manual and following the Q's & A's in the forum is an important part of simming for me. I like to be familiar with & able to fly the bird decently when it comes out of the box. Forum give and take is a great way to learn the quirks/problems and uniqueness of both the airplane, the software and also the interface with one's computer. I'm happy to let others ask the questions but I do want to hear the answers! So- LevelD, I've sounded off- you missed me as a customer for this round. Let me READ the forums for a few months on the next round and I'll be back!!Alex Reid CYYJ

>How did pirates get into this discussion?I think some people mentioned pirates as a possible reason why Level D only allow registered users access to their forum. Whether that is right or wrong, I don't know, but I'm sure nobody was doing anything else than trying to answer the original poster's question.Best regards!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest PPSFA

Same here, I won't buy any product I can't research first, especially with the new multiplayer/shared cockpit function in FSX. So far the majority of planes do not work, and I am not willing to spend my money to take a chance that a plane will work.I can understand their paranoia about 'pirates', but from where I sit, closing forums to all but paying customers is a good way to lose customers, not increase them. Bad marketing decision from where I sit, my money goes elsewhere.

It's nice to read about a product in a support forum before purchasing. It definitely shows how good the product is and how good the support is. Makes perfect sense.

If you invest some time to use the SEARCH function in the forums here as well as clicking on "Review" > "Aircraft Review" in here or simply by going to google.com and searching for "Level-D review" you will find dozens of independent review and customer comment and will soon find out that the Level-D 767 is one of the finest offerings in flight simulation, but I guess that is a too complex task for someone trying to purchase and fly a highly-detailed and complex airliner./irony off ;)It is no different than looking at the offical Level-D forums where the forums are actually used to provide technical support and are not flooded by countless requests for recommendations. Sad, but true.*shrug*Pat

Guest PPSFA

Personally I put very little stock in reviews, as most I have read are either bias or ignorant. My decisions are based on user feedback and the problems they have found, not someone using a free version and pushing a product.

A simple search of the subject line of the forums in here with "Level-D" reveals 105 topics with user feedback.Took me 30 seconds.

The 'General Discussion' forum is avaialble to all. The tech support forums are for licesnsed buyers only.If you have a general question, feel free to ask there. Don't see any problem with that myself......oh and yes, the 767 is superb.