Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

At times, difficult to distinguish from reality...

The all-over aliasing during approach is why I don't use this sim in a nutshell.

• Like 4

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

59 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

The all-over aliasing during approach is why I don't use this sim in a nutshell.

I'm glad my close vision has deteriorated... Gals look all cute based on the general forms these days 🙂 Sims too ....

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, UKflyer said:

all good until you see a proper look at the ground 😂

For me, the incredible lighting more than makes up for it. Overall, gives me a more realistic feeling than the competition.

• Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

4 hours ago, Colonel X said:

What does 'Glass half empty mean'?  Easy, look at any Colonel X post.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 hours ago, UKflyer said:

all good until you see a proper look at the ground 😂

Yes terrible, just like the clouds.

Showers2.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

What's up with the clouds jumping around and shifting positions so suddenly?  Is that just how it is at the moment?

Also, the way that fence draws in during the landing is very odd.

Just two things I noticed.  I still like the new lighting engine.

As  others have said, lighting in XP12 is indeed extraordinary. I would compare it only to what I see in DCS World videos although I can't tell from own experience since I don't have it.

The same youtube channel has a few other videos of flights with clouds and scenery that really look like the real thing. 

I am just looking fwd for when night clouds get visible. Night time and clouds don't yet match in XP12 - that's my main complain graphics wise, well, together with some weird cloud formations that apparently can get fixed using XView(?) and ASXP...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

This looks pretty nice, considering it's just default scenery. The colours seem quite natural and fairly realistic. It does seem to be quite grainy though, as if it has excessive sharpening on it, maybe a filter the author used for the video

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Murmur said:

the incredible lighting more than makes up for it. Overall, gives me a more realistic feeling than the competition.

exactly. and the main reason I come here and to x-plane from time to time. the sunsets (before and after the rise of the black Frankenclouds) are so much more life like. and this is from a "competition" flier. 😀

"Also, the way that fence draws in during the landing is very odd."

looks like some sub-optimal LOD implementation. less "realistic feeling than the competition".

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.