Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Please get this sorted Asobo

Since the release of MSFS I, like many others, have been very tolerant regarding all the bugs and issues with the sim. Asobo continue to release world updates with eye candy enhancements and, at least from my perspective, to be disregarding many of the real niggles that plague the platform. I don’t want to be seen as one of those that slag off or continuously complain about things, because I think Asobo have done a stunning job on this sim, but when a massive bug, and I mean massive bug is prevalent in the sim, then I think anyone who is affected, is perfectly justified in complaining.

I can only see this from my perspective, and from all the searching online I have done, I cannot see any response from them in relation to this bug. The bug, and clearly it is a bug I am referring to is the issue with delayed/irregular terrain tiles loading that pop up constantly on flights. During my search for an answer, as I say, I haven’t come across any acknowledgement from Asobo in response to any of the dozens of reports I have seen. From my own perspective, and I’m pretty sure it’s shared by many others, this issue is a real deal breaker, especially for VFR flyers. I have not flown recently because of this problem, it just sours my enjoyment of flying. When happening, this is not something you can ignore, as it is so prevalent. This needs to be sorted ASAP. Equally important, it needs to be acknowledged by Asobo and for them to inform their customers what is happening to mend it. 

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I fly VFR all the time, right now flying southwest of KORD at 5,000 feet and I don't see any terrain popups. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Vote here 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerial-ground-tiles-changing-popping-in/547197

it is rare in my experience but very annoying. I recently cut short a flight from Ajaccio to Corte in Corsica as it was truly awful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

48 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I fly VFR all the time, right now flying southwest of KORD at 5,000 feet and I don't see any terrain popups. 

You probably won't see it at that level Bob.  It tends to happen when flying low level VFR, and it isn't so much a pop-up effect, it is more like a colour change or tint that happens in small square blocks (probably the default tile size) in some locations - not all.

It is kind of like how Bijan was experimenting with seasonal tints, and it happens at a set radius around the aircraft.  I have checked my Community folder - no remnants of Bijans files are left.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Although I specifically mention VFR, I am experiencing this at high altitudes in the 738 also. I only mention VFR because of flying so much lower and being more aware of the terrain during flight. But my last flight from Lyon down towards the Pyrenees at 32,000ft was appalling! Also flying down towards Tivat the issue was really bad throughout the entire flight.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I found New Zealand unflyable when I returned after the world update. It was not like that before last summer. I've moved on to UK/Ireland, and have only experienced it once in Ireland, but I'm sure there will be more. If I find too many bad areas there, I'll return to Australia, only happened in a few places. Nvidia GPU. Seems to only be in areas with green grass?

Edited by Bones62

I don't have it. What is your rolling cache size and Internet speed?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Since the release of MSFS I, like many others, have been very tolerant regarding all the bugs and issues with the sim. Asobo continue to release world updates with eye candy enhancements and, at least from my perspective, to be disregarding many of the real niggles that plague the platform. I don’t want to be seen as one of those that slag off or continuously complain about things, because I think Asobo have done a stunning job on this sim, but when a massive bug, and I mean massive bug is prevalent in the sim, then I think anyone who is affected, is perfectly justified in complaining.

I can only see this from my perspective, and from all the searching online I have done, I cannot see any response from them in relation to this bug. The bug, and clearly it is a bug I am referring to is the issue with delayed/irregular terrain tiles loading that pop up constantly on flights. During my search for an answer, as I say, I haven’t come across any acknowledgement from Asobo in response to any of the dozens of reports I have seen. From my own perspective, and I’m pretty sure it’s shared by many others, this issue is a real deal breaker, especially for VFR flyers. I have not flown recently because of this problem, it just sours my enjoyment of flying. When happening, this is not something you can ignore, as it is so prevalent. This needs to be sorted ASAP. Equally important, it needs to be acknowledged by Asobo and for them to inform their customers what is happening to mend it. 

Not sure what you mean. Terrain looks normal for me since the very beginning. Do you use rolling cache? (I don't)

I remember this happening when using DX12. At least it was more often than DX11.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Although I specifically mention VFR, I am experiencing this at high altitudes in the 738 also. I only mention VFR because of flying so much lower and being more aware of the terrain during flight. But my last flight from Lyon down towards the Pyrenees at 32,000ft was appalling! Also flying down towards Tivat the issue was really bad throughout the entire flight.

What does it look like?  Is it a changing tint / colour like I mention?  We might be talking about something different.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

I remember this happening when using DX12. At least it was more often than DX11.

DX11 for me.  With DX12 I get the tiles missing at the ends of runways etc., a different looking problem.   Also, no rolling cache for me since the early days (late 2020).  Checked - turned off and at zero GB.

I wonder if it is an Nvidia thing, and maybe AMD users don't see it.

Edited by bobcat999

2 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

The weekly Asobo blogs have stated for weeks that a bandwidth fix will be implemented shortly in AAU_02. I myself used to blame Asobo for any failing of my internet throughput. You need to experiment with a VPN and reroute your server connections. I strongly suspect that, like me, your problems will be resolved instantly. If the problem truly lay with the end-of-line Microsoft/Asobo servers themselves, then everyone would experience this identical problem -- which is not the case. There are literally dozens of individual links between your computer and the end-of-line data servers streaming your scenery. Any one of these intermediate links could be flakey or could be deliberately throttling the data from specific, bandwidth-demanding, gaming servers, while an un-throttled ISP speed test continues to falsely show a robust, unfettered connection.

See my similar experience and solution below:

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

From what I understand this is a bug Asobo is aware of and I also see it all the time.  I also see aerial images come through runway textures but I think that's only a dx12 issue

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I only use DX11, have no rolling cache, internet speed is 200 Mbps, it only happens in certain areas, and the errors repeat every time I go to those areas, so it's not a server or bandwidth issue for me. Fly low and slow around YMBT Mount Beauty. If it doesn't happen for others, maybe it is an Nvidia issue. 

Edited by Bones62
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

But my last flight from Lyon down towards the Pyrenees at 32,000ft was appalling!

Literally just passed the Pyrenees a few minutes ago (EGKK - LEAL) and I didn't notice anything abnormal. DX12, no rolling cache.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitor: 32” ASUS PG32UCDM 240hz 4K | Additional Hardware: HP Reverb G2, TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models