Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Tiles loading issues

I have seen a hell of a lot of this lately and it's really getting on my nerves.

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

10 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

Is there a connection with DX12 ?
From memory it seems to me that there is no problem on DX11...

Happens to me on DX11.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

14 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Happens to me on DX11.

Same. It makes no difference.

Nowadays I'm always using the Map Enhancement Tool with Bing (latest) tiles and it seems to cure the issue, at least in the areas where I fly more often.

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Happened to me the other day but I don't recall the area.  I wanna say Europe, but I could be wrong.  It was pretty annoying to see tiles load a mile in front of me on final.  But that's the only time it's happened for a couple months now.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

2 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

Different issue. The DX12 bug causes the airport ground textures to vanish and reveal the satellite image below and it's the only reason I am unable to use DX12. This is something different and as I have been flying about the world I am seeing it more and more.

It's as though at some point the ground texture switches to either a newer or older image set. Or even that it's swtiching from online satellite imagery to offline textures and roads as you fly over an area. It can happen over a very small area or a large one and you can fly out of the area and it stops. Fly back and it will happen again so it's a problem them affects specifc areas. It just seems that those areas are becoming more common. I have no idea what is causing it but it's really spoiling my enjoyment when it occurs and frankly, it's not good enough.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

19 hours ago, Jazz said:

Different issue. The DX12 bug causes the airport ground textures to vanish and reveal the satellite image below and it's the only reason I am unable to use DX12. This is something different and as I have been flying about the world I am seeing it more and more.

It's as though at some point the ground texture switches to either a newer or older image set. Or even that it's swtiching from online satellite imagery to offline textures and roads as you fly over an area. It can happen over a very small area or a large one and you can fly out of the area and it stops. Fly back and it will happen again so it's a problem them affects specifc areas. It just seems that those areas are becoming more common. I have no idea what is causing it but it's really spoiling my enjoyment when it occurs and frankly, it's not good enough.

Yes, indeed, it's not exactly the same problem.

I too switched back to DX11 because of the missing airport ground textures.

And I find DX11 smoother.

Afterwards, for the tiles which change depending on the altitude, I would have to test on DX12, I know that at Rabat airport, I systematically have it even when descending, I believe when I fly to Morocco there is a tile problem I would test again on DX11, but hey if you tell me there is the same problem...

Maybe it will be resolved on FS 2024...

8 hours ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Does anyone know if Asobo is aware of this annoying issue and is working to fix it?

According to the moderators over at the official forum, they are aware of it and could reproduce it, but we don’t know if they‘re working on a fix. As far as I know the devs have never communicated anything related to this issue. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

On 9/4/2023 at 6:35 AM, Axis3600 said:

I don't run DX12, always DX11 and I experience this issue constantly. This is a big deal and Asobo should address this as a priority.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I don't run DX12, always DX11 and I experience this issue constantly. This is a big deal and Asobo should address this as a priority.

Hello,

I fully agree.

It is not a once in a blue moon bug. It is always present at some locations. It seems to be height dependant. As I am getting low, it seems that there is a fight between brownish tiles and greenish tiles, the latter winning when the height is a few hundreds feet AGL.

As I was flying over the French alps (Near Alberville), the switching tiles were all over the place.

I am curious to find out if everybody experiences this at the same locations. Maybe we should start a list of the affected areas and check if it is the case.

I had this issue. The main issue that was driving me nuts was DX12 bug where after a short stutter I would see that the tiles would start bleeding through airports. After the .14 beta update, I haven;t seen the issue. I have however made it a note to delete my DirectX Shader cache every time theres is an update, and also when it's been several weeks since I have deleted. Hopefully some of you can try this and see if it helps. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Really am very bored of great flights being ruined (immersionally....is that even a word?! if not it should be!) by issues that have existed for sooooo long, I've come to terms with MS/Asobo never fixing the obvious for this sim, but if these tile loading issues (for one) should exist in MSFS2024 I'll be...well word not allowed...

FS2020_20240224_203552_NIS_70_10_R.jpg?e
FS2020_20240224_203554_NIS_70_10_R.jpg?e

Besides the tile loading nonsense persistently catching my eye, this was a very pleasant flight over Eastern Russia.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)