Sign in to follow this  
pmb

AnyoneFly by Flight1 - Anyone?

Hi,

Flight1 just released an Early Access version of a new... how should I name it?

https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?vid=flt1sf&pid=f1anyone1

It seems to be a kind of a database-driven adventure generator gathering and distributing adventures in the cloud. It might be something well fitting my interests, but I'd wait for reports from a couple of guinea pigs. Anyone?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Very intriguing, thanks for posting. Will also be looking out for guinea pig reports!

I just checked out the Matterhorn video preview. This strikes my fancy, I might well be one of the guinea pigs!

That preview looks nice indeed, obviously it's made by a professional. The narrative is quite good. Even then, there remain a few questions. That direction/altitude guidance may or may not work and what if you get lost on your way (where you can ask the VFR map in Bush Trips but loose scores)? Some maneuvers seem a bit risky to me and I can't imagine these to work in e.g. an UL (given you are "allowed" to take another plane at all).

I like(d) the original Bush Trips concept but found all their limitations daunting over time (not to speak of the bugs). I know, you can modify plane and weather and whatnot, there are gauges/tools to display the plane and flightplan etc. but you've always to go through some hoops for this. Plus, the narrative is often weak (aside a few excellent ones like by Brad Allen, of course).

My hope would be that AnyoneFly concept being more accessible and open - which remains to be seen yet.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 hours ago, pmb said:

That direction/altitude guidance may or may not work and what if you get lost on your way

It will always guide you to the intended waypoint and altitude... and you should not miss it.  There is a setting to auto-advance to the next waypoint (but that was rarely needed in testing). So you really could not get lost. The included adventures have different skill levels. For example, the Discover Appalachia adventure is more for general touring and history. Majestic Matterhorn has some altitudes you must pay attention to, but if you are low, you can make adjustments (fly in an S pattern to gain more time). However, in the default steam Cessna, you can clear everything without needing to take corrective action... but the margin is slimmer :-).

The directions you are hearing are 100% dynamic so it can fly you to any altitude and any heading, and turn you back on course. The engine allows you to put your own voice in the simulator/adventure. About 2 hours for all the recordings for the vocabulary, and however long your adventure dialog is. Those tools are included to record and format the recorded audio.

Edited by Steve Halpern
  • Like 4

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

33 minutes ago, Steve Halpern said:

It will always guide you to the intended waypoint and altitude... and you should not miss it.  There is a setting to auto-advance to the next waypoint (but that was rarely needed in testing). So you really could not get lost. The included adventures have different skill levels. For example, the Discover Appalachia adventure is more for general touring and history. Majestic Matterhorn has some altitudes you must pay attention to, but if you are low, you can make adjustments (fly in an S pattern to gain more time). However, in the default steam Cessna, you can clear everything without needing to take corrective action... but the margin is slimmer :-).

The directions you are hearing are 100% dynamic so it can fly you to any altitude and any heading, and turn you back on course. The engine allows you to put your own voice in the simulator/adventure. About 2 hours for all the recordings for the vocabulary, and however long your adventure dialog is. Those tools are included to record and format the recorded audio.

Sounds great!  I love addons like this and will support them by purchasing it...Done!..  Also, not bad for an Early Access price of $20.00...Thanks for making it!...I know I will have fun with it.

• Like 1

Cool !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Got it and flew the Appalachia tour (as a native Georgian I was very familiar with the area)...very cool. I am already thinking of flights I can create like Mt. Kahtadin in Maine and the Mimbres valley in New Mexico. I enjoy NeoFly and the like but I am not a huge fan of the financial aspects, I get enough of that in real life. This could scratch that "reason to fly" itch ncely. I've only just cracked open the box, but initial impressions are very positive. 

9 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

Thank you, that really sounds promising. Indeed, this seems to be a great tool, notably well adapted to my frequent the sighseeing flights. I think I'll buy it, too (as soon as my F1 Agent login issues will be resolved 😉).

Kind regards, Michael

This is covered in the manual, but a few quick tips on the audio based adventures...

Both have attached weather themes so export those before you start the simulator so they will be visible in the MSFS weather list.

Discover Appalachia goes from one airport to another...

Majestic Matterhorn is out and back, but requires careful management of altitude and is rated challenging, although many areas are easy to fly. It is quite scenic!

Coastal Canyon is a good adventure to fly with text to speech, the Wikipedia data option selected, and Speak as you Fly enabled in Settings. This adventure was created by one of the testers!

Fly with the Geo Window hidden also.

Edited by Steve Halpern

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

4 hours ago, Target71 said:

Got it and flew the Appalachia tour (as a native Georgian I was very familiar with the area)...very cool. I am already thinking of flights I can create like Mt. Kahtadin in Maine and the Mimbres valley in New Mexico. I enjoy NeoFly and the like but I am not a huge fan of the financial aspects, I get enough of that in real life. This could scratch that "reason to fly" itch ncely. I've only just cracked open the box, but initial impressions are very positive. 

Agree about NeoFly. It seems like the Ferengi's got hold of it since it is becoming more about profit and less about a (personal) flying career.
This AnyoneFly might be just what we want.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

Agree about NeoFly. It seems like the Ferengi's got hold of it since it is becoming more about profit and less about a (personal) flying career.
This AnyoneFly might be just what we want.

It might be, yes. I purchased it and flew through the Apalachians. Enjoyed every second of it! I already have ideas... 🙃

• Like 1

Curious to know who the developer is?

And is $35 a fair price for this program? Or is the $20 early access price a steal for this program? Or is this a $20 program that's overpriced at $35?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe