Sign in to follow this  
porano

Alternative to FSPassengers - For Specific Conditions

Hi there!

Was looking for an alternative to FSPassengers for MSFS 2020 - For 3 main points that I liked about the program for FSX:

1: You can fly commercial aircrafts from the get-go (Don't remember if it was an option or rather an altering of the file/config - does not matter to me).

2. You're flight is rated AND you can control the various aspects of the rating and determine which ones you want to be rated upon and which one you do not want to include.

3. OPTIONAL - You manage the airline, as in, you get Money from your flights to purchase new planes (But, in FSPassengers you could change the modifier so you wouldn't have to make 100 flights to get enough money to buy a new Boeing/Airbus).

Do any of you know something like that that might fit?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks!

• Like 1

A Pilot's Life is (almost) perfect for 1. and 2. But there is no airline management in APL (which is a plus for me because I am not interested in managing an airline at all.). If managing an airline is important for you, you have to look for something else though.

https://www.simbitworld.com/#APL

• Like 3

A Pilot's Life is quite nice.
Highly recommended!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 minutes ago, anden145 said:

A Pilot's Life is quite nice.
Highly recommended!

Where can I see a list of the aircraft that can be used in "A Pilot's Life"?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

25 minutes ago, mspencer said:

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Been using A Pilots life for abut 1 1/2 months hand have 88 flights already. It works great, and keeps  you on your toes when flying. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Have a look at Newsky Home . It's a free app which allows you to lease and fly any of the large number of planes it has in its database. You can request other planes if they are not included. You can set up your own airline or join someone else's. You can set up scheduled flights for your own airline or do free flights from airports or your choosing. It has passenger and cargo flights and you are paid for each flight. There is a good rating system. I've been using it for the past couple of week and am enjoying myself immensely.

• Like 1

Eagles may soar, but alley cats don't get sucked into jet engines.

10 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

A Pilot's Life is (almost) perfect for 1. and 2. But there is no airline management in APL (which is a plus for me because I am not interested in managing an airline at all.). If managing an airline is important for you, you have to look for something else though.

https://www.simbitworld.com/#APL

Just checked out A Pilot's Life website. I like their flight scoring system, its quite detailed.

Would anyone know if it allows you to use its scoring system with the freedom to choose your flights? So I started on a world tour a little while back (mainly <250nm legs with 700+ legs). I want a good performance rating app like FSPassengers to keep me on my toes without the rigidity of having to fly routes for one company. Basically I dont care for economics, management and progression. My focus is an application that rates you without jumping through the hoops. Its not clear to me reading their site if this would be possible. 

Thanks

I run A Pilots Life and OnAir together. There is some management with OnAir but I prefer it because people seem to forget there was some management in FSPassengers too. If you didnt maintain your fleet you would have a higher chance of failures which is what I get from OnAir and OnAir has scoring itself too. You cant choose flights on your own in A Pilots Life unless you want to buy flight tickets but there needs to be an airline route between the airports you are trying to buy flight tickets for to do this. So for example if you wanted to fly KLAX-KSBN you would not be able to do that as there is no airline service to buy a flight ticket to perform this flight. You also dont get paid for flight tickets either so even if an airline flies that route all you get is XP for flying it. 

There is programs like PACX and LukeAirTool that give you some flight attendant announcements. There is programs like OnAir and AirHauler that give you some management then there is A Pilots Life that has a good scoring system and really has its own niche in trying to make you feel like a pilot flying a schedule. You can run 1 or more or these programs in conjunction if you wish to get some of what satisfied you in FSPassengers but the bottom line is there is still nothing that compares to it. I am hoping OnAir eventually tackles this. They have the foundation already to add things like ticket prices, a dynamic economy for passengers, paying for catering and setting prices for that but its probably a long ways down the road. Doesnt seem like anyone else is interested even though there is clear demand for it. 

Edited by environmental_ice
  • Like 1

I am surprised by many comments on these forums. They talk about very high level addons, they also say how similar to A2A but then you only see addons with aesthetic things, they simulate failures and accessory things but you don't see anything of what I really care about, depth of systems, behaviour and flight dynamics, engine etc.

What do you think is the closest GA to A2A/Hotstar/Torquesim in terms of depth and behaviour in MFS2020?

8 hours ago, Spike54 said:

Have a look at Newsky Home . It's a free app which allows you to lease and fly any of the large number of planes it has in its database. You can request other planes if they are not included. You can set up your own airline or join someone else's. You can set up scheduled flights for your own airline or do free flights from airports or your choosing. It has passenger and cargo flights and you are paid for each flight. There is a good rating system. I've been using it for the past couple of week and am enjoying myself immensely.

yep agree its  free  and  does  everything  what   a  pilots  life  does. It  even  scores  you  harder  than  pilots  life  as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvQS0slfNV4

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

2 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

Just checked out A Pilot's Life website. I like their flight scoring system, its quite detailed.

Would anyone know if it allows you to use its scoring system with the freedom to choose your flights? So I started on a world tour a little while back (mainly <250nm legs with 700+ legs). I want a good performance rating app like FSPassengers to keep me on my toes without the rigidity of having to fly routes for one company. Basically I dont care for economics, management and progression. My focus is an application that rates you without jumping through the hoops. Its not clear to me reading their site if this would be possible. 

Thanks

Your  limited  to  the  schedule  flights   so  you  cant  fly  to  any  airport  unlike newsky  in  which  you  can

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Does APL support saving and resuming a flight later? Can’t see one way or the other on the site.

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

Your  limited  to  the  schedule  flights   so  you  cant  fly  to  any  airport  unlike newsky  in  which  you  can

Newsky is free which is great. However as they have explained on their site, is mainly geared towards airliners and I see many GA aircrafts such as Wilga, Zenith CH701 etc and helicopters missing.